X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears of War

For those interested in Gears of War:
    • There is a novel coming out later this year being written by Karen Traviss
    • They are going to be making a Gears of War movie
    • Gears of War 2 is coming out in November
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

i still havent finished the first, i just need to defeat general raam
    i found gears quite lacking storywise it was mario like in its simplicity, im fairly confident that the book will flesh it out quite a bit, and with karen traviss writing it, it should be worth reading

Comment

Yeah, Karen is good at writing action books but also emotional ones. It should be good.

Comment

My parents just got Gears of War for me along with 8 other xbox 360 games while looking through a garage sale, for $15 each.

So I just beat it, I thought it was fun and interesting gameplay. Storywise it didn't seem to explain what's going on as well as in Halo, for example. I did like that characters, especially Cole.

Also, are the Locust aliens or something else? Hopefully the book will explain the storyline more. As for the movie, let's hope it doesn't get stuck in development like the Halo movie.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if they've answered who exactly the Locust are, but that'll probably come up soon... and the storyline isn't the greatest, but it is fun.
          The book I believe is a prequel, so hopefully it'll explain some things.
          And as far as the movie, I hope it doesn't get stuck either.

Whatever happens though, I still like it.

Comment

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/8/11/
            I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
                My parents just got Gears of War for me along with 8 other xbox 360 games while looking through a garage sale, for $15 each.

So I just beat it, I thought it was fun and interesting gameplay. Storywise it didn't seem to explain what's going on as well as in Halo, for example. I did like that characters, especially Cole.

Also, are the Locust aliens or something else? Hopefully the book will explain the storyline more. As for the movie, let's hope it doesn't get stuck in development like the Halo movie.
                never really explains what the locust are but its set on a planet called sera, so the humans might not be indigenous, maybe the locust are the native inhabitants

Comment

Anyone see that Gears of War 3 has been announced?

Here's a link to the preview:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3nsdZzFn6s
                  sigpic

Comment

Gears of War is a bit frustrating, story-wise. The first one hinted at story, but did pretty much nothing to advance it. The second one threw a whole bunch of 'story' things at you, but it didn't really make any sense.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Gears of War is a bit frustrating, story-wise. The first one hinted at story, but did pretty much nothing to advance it. The second one threw a whole bunch of 'story' things at you, but it didn't really make any sense.
                      That, and IMO is a decent game. I don't understand the hype. I thought it was a little too boring....I had more fun playing Timeshift and Halo 2's lackluster campaign.

Comment

Well, I loved both games. Despite the lack of story, the gameplay was a ton of fun. Especially Horde mode in Gears of War 2.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                        X