This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here actually like Jake 2.0?

During Jake 2.0's short run, I was a huge fan. I really liked the fact that it was a lighter-hearted action show than others, yet it was still action based. Plus, the whole access any computer thing was just cool. Note my username... haha. I just wish it had run longer... I'm hoping they release a DVD with the other episodes they had filmed (I think there were 3) before it was suddenly cancelled (AFTER announcing it was go for a full season... now that made me angry!). Anyways... are there any other fans on this board?
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

I watched the first ep. I was curious about it because I'd had a similar idea for a story. I found Jake to be painfully cliched and one-dimensional. Cute kid, but he irritated me tremendously. The whole ep was too predictible and the other characters just weren't that interesting to me.

I gave it a shot... it missed the target.

I am sorry it was cancelled and I hate that networks never give shows- especially scifi shows- a chance to prove themselves.

I have been a fan of other "unpopular" shows that I felt were cancelled before their time, so I know how it feels to have the rug pulled out from under you. Maybe I'll head over to ther "other scifi" thread and vent a little.

Comment

It was interesting but I spent my time on more productive stuff

Comment

Well, it was so convienent for me, so I taped it after Enterprise every Wednesday... and liked it. I'm hoping they make a DVD set for those of us who actually liked the show... WITH those unaired eps I mentioned.
        Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I like Jake 2.0 ..I'm on the episode where he is on the run ..but I missed the episode with Lee Majors in it but my hubby said the end was funny when he mentionned he could run faster than the car Jake was about to buy ..with the ...6 million dollar man music in the background ..I watch it every week so far exept one I missed ..It 's good ..Shame they stopped it at season one like John Doe ..because both of them had potential I reckon ...You know they could have stopped the x-files after seaon 1 cuz it only took off during season 2 really..Just to show that they should hang on a little more for new shows.

Caty
          Last edited by Catysg1; 08 May 2004, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I do indeed like Jake 2.0 and am saddded to hear its been cancelled
            Though the beginnig eps were rather weak its quite entertaining.

We're up to the ep wear Dumont tries to convince Jake he's married and he's DuMonts best friend. How far through the season is that? please don't spoiler me for anything though.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

I too enjoyed watching them. Although I didn't quite follow it with as much enthusasum (sorry, can't spell today) as I would SG-1, it was entertaining none the less. I was actually disappointed that UPN decided to cancel it, as I thought that it worked well following Enterprise.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

We're up to the ep wear Dumont tries to convince Jake he's married and he's DuMonts best friend.
                Where do you live? I honestly don't remember this episode... if you're getting the 3 that I don't get to see... then you're lucky!

I get the impression you live somewhere other than the US. If you do... please get your friends hooked! Maybe if we're really lucky, someone other than UPN will grab the rights to new episodes before everybody looks different...

Comment

Well the Location next to the name says England, so....

I watch it on and off, i.e. I don't go out of my way to watch it, but I probably won't turn it off if I come by it. I think it had potential, pity about it being cancelled.

And you should remember the episode, because it continues into the next one...

Comment

Dunno. I just really wish I could see all the episodes again... heck... I wonder how much they'd sell the rights for new episodes to me for? After all... they have no plans of continuing it themselves... haha. I've actually considering making a "spinoff" fan series... Nate 2.0, starring me (my name is Nathaniel). Haha... that'd be pretty cool.

Comment

I liked it. It wasnt the best but it was decent. The last few episodes showed promise.
                      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I watched the first episode, didn't think too much of it. After watching a few more I gradually ended up watching them all. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the show, just a watch or not really. But overall it's a interesting show with the 'ultimate human upgrade' thingy!
                        __

__

Comment

I have quite enjoyed it as something to veg out to when exhausted after another day at the chalkface!
                          Is the actress who plays the scary senior official person the same actress that got abducted by Apophis in the first episode of Stargate???????????
                          oldcelt1

Comment

Originally posted by oldcelt1
                            I have quite enjoyed it as something to veg out to when exhausted after another day at the chalkface!
                            Is the actress who plays the scary senior official person the same actress that got abducted by Apophis in the first episode of Stargate???????????
                            her name is Rachel Hayward and she played Valerie Warner in Jake 2.0 and yes she did play the USAF officer that she was actually taken by Teal'c from CotG.

i liked Jake 2.0. i had actually hoped for a second season, i thought the show deserved it. right now i am watching the last episode on UK TV (Sky 1)

sigpic

Comment

I absolutely love Jake 2.0! No one else I know likes it though

But it is so amazing. I thought it was gonna be another lame series but it's really good. I like how it's set in sort of real-life like Stargate is (probably the initial attraction for me, for both of them) and of course Keegan Connor Tracy is amazingly cute

I really hope they release a DVD box set cos I've missed a few episodes and somehow I've always missed them when they're repeated! Curses.....
                              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Working...
                              X