This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Woolsey not bad

i didnt have high hopes for Richard but now after awhile im beggining to warm up to him. nothing he does is awkward it is either extremly funny or just right for the scene. his performance has been phenomenal compared to my expectations. 2 thumbs up
    what do yall think
    SUCK IT P90

hes shooting bunnies so cute give him a G36 and he'll be shooting bears

I wasn't too happy about him being the new Commander for the first day I heard the news, and maybe not the second day either. After that, I kinda forgot to be negative (I'm born positive), because there's nothing you can do about it by saying you hate it.

I don't dislike him in it. He brings in a new comical direction, eg the doors closing in on him. He's very much okay in there. He'll learn that his book doesn't always work in the PG, and that's something that hopefully the IOA, by sending Woolsey to Atlantis, will learn.

I don't want him to have 5 scenes in every episode, though. Then it really just emphases that Sam was there for only a scene or two max per ep, if even that, before. And she was well liked.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Look. I work for the show and I 've seen the episodes. Not only are you warming up to him right now, you are going to end up loving him. He is a fantastic actor and while he seems like an awfully strange choice, considering how we are supposed to feel about our characters, it was time to shake things up, and take the show in interesting new directions.

It's season 5, people, and Woolsey fills the role perfectly.

Comment

I think he is the best leader of Atlantis so far.
        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Best? I don't know. Better than Sam, who seemed to have been in command 'because she had one year of contract left'. But I liked Elizabeth very much.

Great? Definately. Two thumbs up for Robert Picardo.

Now, where's that Woolsey smiley?
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I thought Weir was too emotional. She didn't have the qualities of a great leader to me. She always really ticked me off in the episodes where she was ragging on Kavanaugh (sp?). He was a good worker and was more in the right than Weir.

But, yeah, I want a Woolsey smiley!

Comment

I have very high hopes for Woolsey to shine this season.
              sigpic

Comment

Briangate: Is the guy the fourth from the left in your sig supposed to be Woolsey?

Love Brian in the sig, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                  Briangate: Is the guy the fourth from the left in your sig supposed to be Woolsey?

Love Brian in the sig, by the way!
                  Yeah, he looks a little squished I know.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                    I thought Weir was too emotional. She didn't have the qualities of a great leader to me. She always really ticked me off in the episodes where she was ragging on Kavanaugh (sp?). He was a good worker and was more in the right than Weir.

But, yeah, I want a Woolsey smiley!
                    She was great. She didn't abandon her people in any case and even though she was a civilian and not military she did took some serius action against Atlantis enemies. And she was a Diplomat. Woolsey in my opinion will be as good.
                    Spoiler:
                    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                    (YEAR 0 - 100)
                    "O thou Sun,
                    send me as far over the earth
                    as is my pleasure and thine,
                    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                    but never hear anything of bad ones,
                    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

i have to say, i like him as a leader after the last two episodes

i never really liked weir as a leader, she was too emotional
                      sam was great but she was better as a scientist and SG-team member, and not as a leader

woolsey instead is perfect, he knows the rules but he has changed an knows when it's time to make exceptions since he's in atlantis
                      i think there will be great character moments with him. funny ones and dilemmas, where has to make big choices

Comment

Love Woolsey so far!

Spoiler:
                        Can't wait to see when Woolsey and Daniel Jackson meet again in the two-parter. Wasn't the last time they were together, Woolsey gave the order to have Daniel killed? (SG1-Shroud)

Comment

Originally posted by LTCOLHOMER View Post
                          i didnt have high hopes for Richard but now after awhile im beggining to warm up to him. nothing he does is awkward it is either extremly funny or just right for the scene. his performance has been phenomenal compared to my expectations. 2 thumbs up
                          what do yall think
                          I was not looking forward to Woolsey, but I am VERY pleasantly suprised, He just may,, over time, replace Weir as my favorite Atlantis leader.
                          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            Love Woolsey so far!

Spoiler:
                            Can't wait to see when Woolsey and Daniel Jackson meet again in the two-parter. Wasn't the last time they were together, Woolsey gave the order to have Daniel killed? (SG1-Shroud)
                            I didn't even think about that. That will be interesting.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              Love Woolsey so far!

Spoiler:
                              This is what i call "MEMORY"
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment