Tyre Enzyme versus Ford Enzyme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre Enzyme versus Ford Enzyme

Did anyone notice the similarities between these two characters?

Tyre:
    - Enhanced Strength and Ability
    - Mind manipulation (but more controlled to Wraith Control)
    - Temporarily Effect, requires continous exposure to enzyme
    - Several wrath stunner shots will take subject down (ie: Ronan)

Ford:
    - Enhanced Strength and Ability
    - Mind manipulation (but out of control without wraith control)
    - Temporarily effect, requires continous exposure to enzyme
    - Multiple wrath stunner shots will not take subject down unless Enzyme starts to wear down

This is interesting story arc with the Wraith worshipper. It would be great to bring back Ford to this too.

We either let his story live or let him die.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

I did notice it as well but I also picked up on a couple other points.

1) delivery method. Ford was injecting/ingesting small amounts of the drug, Where as wraith worshipers are subject to torture as the drug is administered. The physiological effects,and mental effects would be amplified when done in such a way.

2) the rapid aging(yea it really isn't aging) and return would produce euphoria and pain. pain, pleasure, pain, pleasure, on top of the drug addiction properties.

3) what really gets me now is why are there runners? is it sport? if feeding on Ronon is possible then is it the thrill of the hunt that the wraith went after?

Comment

runners were just for sport.

i think the enzymes are just the same, coz ford and tyre both felt awesome for having it.

but who knows it could be another enzymes thats given back when they are brought back from death.

ford jus got the enzyme and took it a different way coz he didn't have deal where a wraith would give him life energy. so he had to kill them and take it.

Comment

It is very likely that they are different enzymes. Enzymes are specific to their substrates. I believe there are two different pathways involved because compared to ford (feeding), tyre had the opposite done to him. Enzymes cannot reverse the reaction that they have catalyzed. Therefore it must be a different enzyme.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

might just be another plot hole
          *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
            might just be another plot hole
            Huh? Pulling the plot hole trigger awfully quick, aren't we? It's the same enzyme(for the feeding at least, maybe not the reversal), which would produce the same effects, but the process in which it's administered would take the mental effects, which are already quite severe, and magnify them significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
              Huh? Pulling the plot hole trigger awfully quick, aren't we? It's the same enzyme(for the feeding at least, maybe not the reversal), which would produce the same effects, but the process in which it's administered would take the mental effects, which are already quite severe, and magnify them significantly.
              yeah true. its all speculation really at this point they haven't stated any facts.

but responding from what freyr's mother said.

i was wondering whether this great feeling ford and tyre get is from the same enzyme.

im guessing theres other enzymes and stuff that go thru them thru a reverse feed.

Comment

Ford = Pure Enzyme directly into the blood

Tyre= Processed Enzyme delivered properly into the system

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
                  Ford = Pure Enzyme directly into the blood

Tyre= Processed Enzyme delivered properly into the system
                  That does not make a difference in the effect it has.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

what difference ?

Comment

yeah kebab gud i think ur a little mixed up. enzymes are like catalyst they help crtain functions if they break down they're useless and the body gets expels them in various ways.

ford used to take the enzyme straight to his system via veins and then found ways to eat it and still have the same affect.

the delivery method of the enzyme makes no difference to the way it acts in the body.

it was only the feeding and reverse feeding to the brink of death that wud break someone into worshipping the wraith.

the enzymes is basically like a steriod/heroin mix makes them stronger and mentally dependant on it

Comment

I think it is the same enzyme, because the Wraith inject it while feeding and that Wraith did it a lot of times on Ronan and probably also on Tyre, because the feeding happened so often in such a short amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                          yeah kebab gud i think ur a little mixed up. enzymes are like catalyst they help crtain functions if they break down they're useless and the body gets expels them in various ways.

ford used to take the enzyme straight to his system via veins and then found ways to eat it and still have the same affect.
                          No ford still shot it directly into his bloodstream.. they only put it in the food so they could sneek it into the team..

the delivery method of the enzyme makes no difference to the way it acts in the body.
                          Yes it does..
                          it was only the feeding and reverse feeding to the brink of death that wud break someone into worshipping the wraith.
                          true and that has nothibng to do with the effects of the drug
                          the enzymes is basically like a steriod/heroin mix makes them stronger and mentally dependant on it
                          Not mentally like all drugs.. your body gets addicted to the stuff and starts to shut down after not getting it for a while.. for some (like thet one guy on Fords team) its fatal.. for others.. not so much

Comment

i'll give u the fact that ford still injects it direct. but im stickin with the enzyme has the same affect on the body no matter the delivery system coz its an enzyme. which is a catalyst that strengthens the body.

what i meant by the reverse feeding is that, that is what makes a person turn to worship the wraith not the affects of the enzyme. which led on to ...

... the enzyme is a parallel to steriods as people dont get withdrawal from steroids (as far as i kno) it jus helps them to get stronger and faster. its parallel to heroin is that the brain/body chemistry gets messed up and the body goes into withdrawal when it doesn't get it and it starts breaking down in their bodies. like ecstacy and heroin some people can take it for the 1st time and die from it while some people do it regularly

we are pretty much in agreement i think with a with differences

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                              Steroids are lipid based. Enzymes are proteins. Steroids are chemical messengers that can activate catabolic or anabolic pathways. It does not directly make them stronger.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X