Ship / Replicator Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship / Replicator Evolution

The Replicators can create ships out of their own nanites. Our understanding of Nanite Technology has evolved quite a bit where we were able to create our own Replicator (Archtype).

Any chances we would see an ex-NID ship/fighter using Nanite Technology. How benefitial would that be. A staff shot to this ship would mean that the ship can heal itself.

What about a small bomber or ship using this same tech? Thoughts?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

The replicators made ships out of blocks

The asurans built them out of normal things like iron and steel.

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
      The Replicators can create ships out of their own nanites. Our understanding of Nanite Technology has evolved quite a bit where we were able to create our own Replicator (Archtype).

Any chances we would see an ex-NID ship/fighter using Nanite Technology. How benefitial would that be. A staff shot to this ship would mean that the ship can heal itself.

What about a small bomber or ship using this same tech? Thoughts?
      Ships don't use nanite technology, not even the replicator block ships.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Actualy I was hoping we would see Asuran "blob" ships. But that hope (alogn wiht many others) was dashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Actualy I was hoping we would see Asuran "blob" ships. But that hope (alogn wiht many others) was dashed.
          Not ture not ture, there are still Rouge Replicators.

Comment

well. one made out of nanites would cost tonnes of neutronium. and that would be hard to get

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
              The replicators made ships out of blocks

The asurans built them out of normal things like iron and steel.
              Oh, I met like the Milky Way Replicators.

Those guys created ships out of their blocks. It would be nice to program these blocks to create our next generation ships too. It would be nice to create some sort of regenerative hull design.

Ie:
              - Outer Layer made out of Neutronium (replicator repair)
              - Inner Layer made out materials for hull for 304

It would make the next generation of battlecruiser more versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
                Not ture not ture, there are still Rouge Replicators.
                Those just want to Ascend.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                well. one made out of nanites would cost tonnes of neutronium. and that would be hard to get
                Yes but the result would be a nerly invincible ship, worht the effort I think.

Comment

you really need tons and tons of it. which is hard to get. and nanites arent meant to make such forms. i however, think a repli block ship, with nanite hull would do best.

i would love to see less superadaptive replicators, and more shapeshifting ones

Comment

I'm against using reps in any Tauri ship unless it's designed to infect that galaxy.

But you could maybe put 30 reps onto a 304 give them orders not to replicate unless nesacery (If more Reps are needed to repair the ship). They would only repair the ship provide power when needed and fight off intruders, Fit them with a certain command kill switch incase they go rogue.

Also teach them how to form into anti ship weapons. Just imagine a railgun becoming a beam weapon how brilliant would that be.
                    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

thats scary a ship made with rp blocks imagine your standing there when the rep blocks gain a higher understanding of their existence and go rogue on you, or if some wep is fired at you that causes the blocks to turn off... the very room your standing in shattering and opening to space
                      *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

robots only do what you programm it to do.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          robots only do what you programm it to do.
                          Unless reprogramed by someone else. Let say the Wraith they have very good computer skills don't they. Also Reese started loosing control of her reps and she created the bloody things.

Don't build an entire ship out of them just have them performing repairs and not a vital part of the hull.
                          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

a neutronium hull would be a waste of resources especially if we capture a few wraith ships and use an organic outer shell instead.

this type of hull would be easier to repair, cheaper, and wont go rogue on you
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
                              thats scary a ship made with rp blocks imagine your standing there when the rep blocks gain a higher understanding of their existence and go rogue on you, or if some wep is fired at you that causes the blocks to turn off... the very room your standing in shattering and opening to space
                              Thats actually a story arc I was thinking when I created this thread actually.

My most favorite SGA episode involving the Replicators is "Outcast". I really enjoyed how our understanding of Replicator base code has advanced so much. It was only Season 8 (3 years prior to meeting the Ashurans) that we fought off the Human Formed Replicators using Ancient Technology.

I really like how on Earth we can finally create a Human Formed Replicator.

I can really go for these Replicator Girlfriends. Some, if not all Replicator females are amazingly hot!!! Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X