Should the SGC invest in Circuit Breakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the SGC invest in Circuit Breakers

Does the SGC need to buy some Circuit Breakers to put in their ships. It just seems that everytime we get into battle, a console or computer explodes and somebody gets killed/injured.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

nah. this looks cooler.

Comment

In ratings terms, having sparks flying everywhere when your ship is getting battered is a good thing and will only help the ratings.
      If they were going for realism, there would not be as many sparks until their shields were down and they were taking a total beating There would be relatively little effect felt in the ship while the shields are active, ala "Lifeline" (I think, Apollo vs Asuran Cruiser), "Search & Rescue", et al.

Comment

I never liked the sparks...They present the ships as if they were totally weak, and i never understanded why would the shields let through this kind of damage. And it just feels like our ships were beaten down barges. (A.K.A traveler ships )
        Trailers and PR
        Stargate: War Begins team
        http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
        forums:
        http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

yes they should install circuit breakers.
          supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

the problem is that the energy goes somewere- goes around the sheilds, into the sheild emitter- through the ships and into the computers

Comment

Originally posted by puddle_jumper5 View Post
              the problem is that the energy goes somewere- goes around the sheilds, into the sheild emitter- through the ships and into the computers
              Hence why we need circuit breakers.

Comment

Originally posted by puddle_jumper5 View Post
                Hence why we need circuit breakers.
                Or batteries, which then channel power back to the shield.
                Trailers and PR
                Stargate: War Begins team
                http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                forums:
                http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

But a circuit breaker breaks the circuit. If you have a power line feeding into a shield generator, then some enemy weapons energy gets channeled along into the power line, a circuit breaker is the WORST thing you would want right there. It would cut stopping the surge yes, but it would also cut power to the shield compounding the problem.
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

Well i work with circuit breakers so ill sort this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                      But a circuit breaker breaks the circuit. If you have a power line feeding into a shield generator, then some enemy weapons energy gets channeled along into the power line, a circuit breaker is the WORST thing you would want right there. It would cut stopping the surge yes, but it would also cut power to the shield compounding the problem.
                      Well yeah, but there's no reason not to put them in the conduits leading to the computer system

Comment

the smartest thing is to make an isolated powergrid feeding the shield....

Comment

I do think that spark look rediculous, but I don't think circuit breakers are going to do it. What if a circuit breaker cuts the artificial gratiy, everyone would be floating or if it would cut power to other important system. Besides all systems on the brigde need power.

I think we should have wraith circuits, like those seen in Underground, no matter how much damage they have, we have never seen sparks, and maybe they can even be grown.

Comment

There's a secret Asgard technology called 'Forced Anti-Sparking Tech' deep in the Asgard core on the Odyssey. It implements a force-feeding energy dampener that is located near the shield emitters that 'absorbs' the excess energy from shield impacts and prevents it from spreading to other systems. Said excess energy is then converted to practical use and deployed back to the shield emitters and to the power system itself. The dampener system is temporarily isolated during shield impacts and connects to the shields and power systems when energy is not being absorbed to prevent any overload, aka console sparking. This also allows the crew to still be able to eat Asgard food block....err.....drink coffee during the midst of a battle without compromising power resources from brewing it...

...eh, one can dream can't they?

Comment

Working...
                            X