Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy weapon battery(Continuum spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy weapon battery(Continuum spoiler)

The Goa'uld staff weapon use a small tube of green liquid naqahdah as power source, and it last many many yr.

The Ori staff weapon use a crystal as power supply,for a brief period ,it's power level equal to two Naquadah generators (Episode Bounty, when Sam use a piece of Ori crystal to replace two fail Naquadah generators)

Continuum spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Vala was holding a very big gun, she was trying to bring to Baal's execution .The weapon look Earth style,with 3 or 4 glowing light tube in the front end, but i can see it is attach to a Naquadah generators on top.
    Was that weapon the Earth 's new energy weapon or just a one time prop for dramatic affect or just for laugh

An energy weapon power by Naquadah generators must be powerful, but can Earth bulit some super power battery

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    The Goa'uld staff weapon use a small tube of green liquid naqahdah as power source, and it last many many yr.

The Ori staff weapon use a crystal as power supply,for a brief period ,it's power level equal to two Naquadah generators (Episode Bounty, when Sam use a piece of Ori crystal to replace two fail Naquadah generators)

Continuum spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Vala was holding a very big gun, she was trying to bring to Baal's execution .The weapon look Earth style,with 3 or 4 glowing light tube in the front end, but i can see it is attach to a Naquadah generators on top.
    Was that weapon the Earth 's new energy weapon or just a one time prop for dramatic affect or just for laugh

An energy weapon power by Naquadah generators must be powerful, but can Earth bulit some super power battery
    We saw this weapon before (when Lucian Alliance got bounty hunters to kill sg1 by tracking their implanted locating beacon). It shoots out a green energy ball that stuns or kills the target (I can't say which, they only showed Carter shooting and the assassin falling down). It looks big and heavy, the only use I could really see for it is on 302s.

Just found this on wikipedia:
    A "Mini" Naqahdah generator was mounted to the X699 prototype plasma weapon that was presented to a technology conference by Dr Lee.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tau%27r...hdah_generator

The X-699 is Earth's first directed energy weapon. It is a fully functioning hand held plasma rifle and appears to operate similarly to the Wraith stunners. It was first seen in the Stargate SG-1 episode "Bounty." (Because it was being used in a public demonstration, the prototype seen there was actually designed to be faulty; a more sophisticated device could have tipped off the observant that technology was advancing far more rapidly than it should, which could have drawn unwanted attention that might have uncovered the existence of the Stargate program.)
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tau%27r...Stargate#X-699

Other links:
    http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/t.../x/x-699.shtml

Video: http://www.gateworld.net/video/omnip...06033595.shtml

The episode we see it on is Season 10: Episode 15: "Bounty"

Comment

that's the test weapon in bounty

Comment

X-699 from "Bounty"
        Spoiler:

Gun from Continuum
        Spoiler:

They are the same weapon, maybe this is the working version.
        Visit my Website

Comment

I thought the X 699 was to show the world some faked progress.

Comment

all i know is it an ugly looking piece of tech.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

I'm getting one for Christmas!
              Originally posted by Craig Charles
              "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

i LOVE it. next time we see it, should be ronon and tealc, each having one, taking out wraith . but please, make it P-90 size, or G-36 or so

Comment

when vala had it i thought woah thats so big

how are you supposed to go on missions with that, and it makes a loud powering noise
                  sigpic

Comment

like i said, scale it down

Comment

Interesting, though looks like an impractical weapon in Continuum.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Make a weapon more like the battle rifle from Startrek TNG-Nemesis era. That would be a brilliant weapon for SG teams.

I think that weapon could easily be scalled down, Change the pwoersource for a Wraith, ORI or Jaffa powersource and you could add a better scope, Scale down the big bulb thing on the front. make it more straight and shrink the length a tad and it would be an effective frontline weapon. But I only see it as a heavy base defens weapon a bit like a sniper rifle or light machine gun, We would need a smaller rifle for infantrymen.
                        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

why dont we take a downed dart, extract the datapad, and use the wraith knowledge to make a better one. or just upload the blueprints in the CC, and ask it to improve it, and scale it down to a P-90

Comment

Did anyone take into account that it is actually bulky for a reason and that "just scale it down" may not be an option?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              i LOVE it. next time we see it, should be ronon and tealc, each having one, taking out wraith . but please, make it P-90 size, or G-36 or so
                              I think your suposed to fire it like a rocket launcher- over your shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                              X