Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's excited about the soon-to-be-released Brisingr?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeehaaaa!!!! Brisingr!!! The third book in Inheritance series! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

What about the rest of you?
    "Wøøf!"

I am going to buy it, but I am not going to rush out and get it on release day. So far the only books I do that for are Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Wheel of Time series.

I thought the books were enjoyable, but too easy to guess the twists. I do like Murtagh, so I am hoping this book will have more character development on him, and just more on him all together. I didn't really care for the story line with Roran and Katrina. That part kind of dragged for me.

Although if I am in withdrawal after Breaking Dawn comes out, I may revamp Eragon and Eldest and get Brisingr right away!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
      Yeehaaaa!!!! Brisingr!!! The third book in Inheritance series! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

What about the rest of you?
      I will buy it and read it only because I refuse to start a series and then abandon it, no matter how bad it is, after I've finished the first book. On the whole, I think Chris Paolini is possibly the worst writer in history. He has no sense of how to "show" a reader something, and instead "tells" it to us every step of the way. He uses over-cliched plotlines ripped directly from Star Wars and a setting, language system, and even names that appear to be slight modifications of those that made Tolkein so well-loved.

No, I will not buy it because I like the story, because I find it a triumph of literature, or because I'm even all that interested in the conclusion (I have a hunch the bad guy will turn on his master and throw him into a deep abyss, where he will explode into lightning. Oh, sorry, was that "Return of the Jedi"?). I will buy it and read it only because of my annoyingly OCD-drive to finish things I start, and nothing more.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Heh. I totally forgot about those books.

I think I got the second one after about a year and it was a real let down for me.
        (I felt very...prescient while I was reading that book. Knowing what will happen at the end of the book after reading the first chapter will do that to you I guess).

I might buy it when it reaches paperback, just to see if I'm right about the ending of that book too!

^^Maybe it's cause I've read LoTR/watched Star Wars too many times.
        "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Mmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Although I have to say I really hope that he gets rid of the Roran/Katrina storyline, it's was just to boring and I actually skipped some of the chapters that dealt with them (I read them after I was finished but still...). I had a copy reserved when I reserved my Breaking Dawn copy.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            I will buy it and read it only because I refuse to start a series and then abandon it, no matter how bad it is, after I've finished the first book. On the whole, I think Chris Paolini is possibly the worst writer in history. He has no sense of how to "show" a reader something, and instead "tells" it to us every step of the way. He uses over-cliched plotlines ripped directly from Star Wars and a setting, language system, and even names that appear to be slight modifications of those that made Tolkein so well-loved.

No, I will not buy it because I like the story, because I find it a triumph of literature, or because I'm even all that interested in the conclusion (I have a hunch the bad guy will turn on his master and throw him into a deep abyss, where he will explode into lightning. Oh, sorry, was that "Return of the Jedi"?). I will buy it and read it only because of my annoyingly OCD-drive to finish things I start, and nothing more.
            Same on every point. Sadly I can't not finish the series; it's like watching a train wreck, can't. look. away. Except I'm not buying it this time. Libraries are my friend.

I don't remember a thing about the last one, then I think, oh! Star Wars plot! And there it is.

Comment

I dunno I'm semi interested in reading the last book. Just to see how Eragon can over come the odds. But as mentioned above Paolioni borrowed WAY too much from Star Wars. WAAAAAAAAAY too much. And what's with the title? I thought it was actually going to be named Inheritance.

I'm not all that sure that these books would be in print if Paolioni's parents didn't own the publishing company by the way.
              Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by eviladam View Post
                I dunno I'm semi interested in reading the last book. Just to see how Eragon can over come the odds. But as mentioned above Paolioni borrowed WAY too much from Star Wars. WAAAAAAAAAY too much. And what's with the title? I thought it was actually going to be named Inheritance.

I'm not all that sure that these books would be in print if Paolioni's parents didn't own the publishing company by the way.
                They're in print because someone at Knopf is a marketing genius. From a business standpoint, it's brilliant. Kids will buy something written by another kid because it means it might happen for them too. I know that's why I bought the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  They're in print because someone at Knopf is a marketing genius. From a business standpoint, it's brilliant. Kids will buy something written by another kid because it means it might happen for them too. I know that's why I bought the first one.
                  Not gonna lie, that definitely contributed to my buying the first one... seeing another teenager hit it big was just too good to resist.

...and then I read it and went, "Okay, how in Hell did this get published?" and my dreams fell apart
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    Not gonna lie, that definitely contributed to my buying the first one... seeing another teenager hit it big was just too good to resist.

...and then I read it and went, "Okay, how in Hell did this get published?" and my dreams fell apart
                    I know. *sigh* And then I bought the second one anyway. I mean, I literally had to force myself through it, it took two months for me to read.

Not this time.

Comment

Ok I will most likely read it and be happy that it came out but the series hasn't really kept me going. I have to admit the first one was great but Eldest just kept going and going and who actually thought the other guy was dead come on. Everyone knew that he was most likely going to come back and have a dragon with him. Who do you guys think will get the last dragon?? I am betting on his brother because they talk too much about him to not give him a really major part in it all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                        Mmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Although I have to say I really hope that he gets rid of the Roran/Katrina storyline, it's was just to boring and I actually skipped some of the chapters that dealt with them (I read them after I was finished but still...). I had a copy reserved when I reserved my Breaking Dawn copy.
                        I agree - the Roran/Katrina storyline was DEAD BORING!!! I also skipped those chapters.
                        "Wøøf!"

Comment

my girlfriend!!
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
                            I agree - the Roran/Katrina storyline was DEAD BORING!!! I also skipped those chapters.
                            I was actually somewhat interested in Roran for the first few chapters, but then I just went, "Wait, why the Hell do I care? It's basically Eragon's mission, just without a dragon. I know how it'll end..."

Comment

I don't know if anyone knew, but I think there's going to be a fourth book as well.
                              Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X