Season 5 Desktops from Sci-Fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 Desktops from Sci-Fi

I don't know where to put this so i thougt i would here. I am a collector of desktops and love when the new seasons come out and i can save them. after looking for the past 2 weeks, Sci-fi FINALLY posted 3 new desktops for season 5 http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/desktops/ I realized whoever made them did a HORRIBLE job! First desktop, i like EXCEPT for the fact that the Atlantis Gate pictured is the MILKY WAY GATE just with the Blue lights! How did that go unnoticed??? Next one looks VERY cropped wrong, as the Gate is the correct one, but looks like an oval shaped, doesn't look like its connected. I have never wanted to Diss these but in this instance i Feel like i MUST speak!

Any comments please feel free to!
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

I've never used offical desktops, fan made ones are far better.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      I've never used offical desktops, fan made ones are far better.
      Where can I find Fan-made ones?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
        Where can I find Fan-made ones?
        http://www.thescifiworld.net/wallpapers.htm

Comment

Thanks! These look great!
          sigpic

Comment

I downloaded the fonts from that site! They are very cool! The Fan Made site.

Comment

Those fonts do look cool! I love the Atlantis Gate font and the Ancient Font!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                I've never used offical desktops
                Inferior in size (come on , the largest is 1152px? Are we still in 2002?), quality (using the horrid promo pictures), and "clutteriness" (I know that it comes on SciFi, no need to take up the entire bottom portion of the image with nonsense.).

I'm not sure why they even bother.

Comment

Thanks for the links. They look great and I'm now using one of the wallpapers.
                  Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

I hate that they have the same look for every year.. firt thing i thought was "" FORD IS BACK! then i remembered..

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                      Next one looks VERY cropped wrong, as the Gate is the correct one, but looks like an oval shaped, doesn't look like its connected. I have never wanted to Diss these but in this instance i Feel like i MUST speak!

Any comments please feel free to!
                      Yeah, it looks wrong, but after a bit of study i realised it was just the angle.
                      you are looking UP at the gate from near it's bottom left. It looks so wrong because the perspective is so close to the gate, you really couldn't fit the actors in.

I really hate how most of the desktop is basically just an advert!

Comment

Working...
                      X