why havent they yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why havent they yet?

tretonin is the ultimate miracle drug, so why havent they introduced it into the public yet. i mean the worst side effect that youve gotta take it the rest of your life was solved by the tokra. and we can make it using asgard tech so supply is virtually limitless. so what they could have done is give it to people with like cancer and after a few months when their cured give em the antidote or just keep giving it to em. i mean theres an unlimited supply. the onlly problem i see is explaining how its created.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

You could just say its another pharmacutical drug no one pays to much attention as long as it comes out the factory and Health and safety is taken care of (The goverment can find ways of hiding it).
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

There's actually a giant conspiracy by the American Cancer Society to keep it off the market.

(No, really, there are people who believe this is why we have no cure for cancer).

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
        tretonin is the ultimate miracle drug, so why havent they introduced it into the public yet. i mean the worst side effect that youve gotta take it the rest of your life was solved by the tokra.
        I think you misunderstood the episode. The Tok'ra were able to reverse the damage done by tretonin to the Pangaran's immune system.

What they didn't do was alter tretonin so it didn't damage the immune system.

Once you start using tretonin, you can't stop. Sure you live longer, but you also can't live without the drug. If you're ever cut off from the supply, you die, whether you have some malady or not.

If you stop taking tretonin voluntarily, you have to have the reversal drug administered or you die.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          I think you misunderstood the episode. The Tok'ra were able to reverse the damage done by tretonin to the Pangaran's immune system.

What they didn't do was alter tretonin so it didn't damage the immune system.

Once you start using tretonin, you can't stop. Sure you live longer, but you also can't live without the drug. If you're ever cut off from the supply, you die, whether you have some malady or not.

If you stop taking tretonin voluntarily, you have to have the reversal drug administered or you die.

exactly, thats pretty much what i meant. they give the drug to someone with cancer for a few months then when their healed, then restore their origional immune system with the tokra antidote. or if their immune system was too dammaged they are on it for life. its better than the alternative.
          it can even be used to cure aids, i mean pretty much what aids does it trash your immune system and tretonin gives you a new more powerfull immune system.

yes i understand that it can be dangerous but if the right precautions are taken it can only prolong your life without making you miserable by having to take a thousand pills a day. you just get your dose of tretonin and your good. and plus since we can make it for pretty much free, we can make each dose cost like 5 cents.( asgard matter conversion technology)
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The only way it cures AIDS is that it surpresses the immune system, once your off the drug and your immune system regains control you will have the disease again.

And as for Cancer we are a lot closer to a cure so somthing that radical is not really that nessary

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
              You could just say its another pharmacutical drug no one pays to much attention as long as it comes out the factory and Health and safety is taken care of (The goverment can find ways of hiding it).
              True, how do we know that the common cold pill isn't alien designed? But i agree with the other comments that it would be too impractical. I think they would be better (and probally are) trying to reverse engineer a sarcophagus or hand held healing device. IIRC they are probally looking at the 'Fountain of Youth'.

Comment

True the Tok'ra reversed the damage, but I also believe they created a way to produce Tretonin without the use of symbiotes. Also Tretonin is kind of a weakness, if you run out of it you are dead, and it would be easy for an enemy to destroy Tretonin fabric and I doubt we can distribute all the tretonin we make with asgard technology.

Comment

earth is already making too many advancements with healt technology in stargate. a company thought it was suspicious, and found out everything. and what the hell do we say when we get tretonin. an "accidental creation?" we might aswell reveal the gate then

Comment

If the world in Stargate is anything like the world we live in, then maybe the reason they don't give out tretonin is to stop the world overpopulating with all the people that would be dying but now aren't because they have become immune to most diseases.
                    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                      There's actually a giant conspiracy by the American Cancer Society to keep it off the market.

(No, really, there are people who believe this is why we have no cure for cancer).
                      I meet this guy once who said his uncle crated a cure from cancer made from goats...
                      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                        True the Tok'ra reversed the damage, but I also believe they created a way to produce Tretonin without the use of symbiotes. Also Tretonin is kind of a weakness, if you run out of it you are dead, and it would be easy for an enemy to destroy Tretonin fabric and I doubt we can distribute all the tretonin we make with asgard technology.

well whats better getting a new more powerful immune system and having to take a pill everyday for the rest of your life ( wich some people with diseases have to do anyway) or die. i mean you shouldnt take it if you dont have a life threatening illness thats stupid but if your dead if you dont take it then what have you got to loose. personally i would choose tretonin
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

id only do it if im gonna die otherwise. and then i mean unnatural death.

but then, how would they explain such a miracle drug? and then what, overpopulation?
                          rather use asgard matter conversion to help africa and such. and fusion powerplants to give em electricity. and asgard sensors to predict volcano eruptions, earthquakes, and tsunami's

Comment

Overpopulation - Use orbital spaceships to house the people.
                            Originally posted by Craig Charles
                            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                              Overpopulation - Use orbital spaceships to house the people.

or start colonizing other planets.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X