stargate power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate power

ok heres my question the stargates have been lying around all over the 2 galaxcys for hundreds of thouands (mabey millions) of years.

some are in deserted felds others are the shrime of some primitive village

but what powers them, a wormhole to another galaxcy requires a zpm (insaine power) but wouldnt a wormhole to a nearby plannet also require some BIG batteries?

now some of you will say the DHD but earth dosnt have one- and for the gates that dont have a DHD-
    Spoiler:
    i think it was in ark of truth or an episode from season 9 or 10 of sg-1 they dialed manuly and the gate worked?

so whats been powering the gates for all this time- cos id love to know?
    Last edited by puddle_jumper5; 14 July 2008, 04:16 AM.

a cold fusion powercore in the DHD, along with the fact that gates are superconductors and can use even neutrino's for power.

our gate was powered by the base itself, which was powered by the civillian grid, and later by a naquahdah generator.

dialling to annother galaxy doesnt use a big amount of power from a ZPM. i mean, with the thing nearly depleted, they could still dial earth, but just not as frequent["mckay and mrs miller]

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      a cold fusion powercore in the DHD, along with the fact that gates are superconductors and can use even neutrino's for power.

our gate was powered by the base itself, which was powered by the civillian grid, and later by a naquahdah generator.

dialling to annother galaxy doesnt use a big amount of power from a ZPM. i mean, with the thing nearly depleted, they could still dial earth, but just not as frequent["mckay and mrs miller]
      ah but what happones when there is no dhd?

what makes our big metal magic donut light up?

Comment

like i said, a gate is one giant superconducter and power absorber, and can run on sunlight and neutrino's

Comment

Originally posted by puddle_jumper5 View Post

The stargate is hooked up to the SGC power grid.

Comment

torment of tantalus guys

gate is a super conducter finding energy from anywhere. that got it from lightening that time.

the only question i wud like to know is how the power is transferred from the dhd to the gate and how does the dhd recharge.

its never really been addressed?

Comment

it doesnt recharge

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                torment of tantalus guys

gate is a super conducter finding energy from anywhere. that got it from lightening that time.

the only question i wud like to know is how the power is transferred from the dhd to the gate and how does the dhd recharge.

its never really been addressed?
                I always though that the dhd somehow "beamed" the energy to the gate.
                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

transferred it via subspace?

Comment

Underground wiring...? Just a guess.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i guess.
                      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

theres no direct connection from the gate to dhd, we see that a number of tiems, liek when ba'al stole a few gates, and when we borrowed the russians dhd to save teal'c.

it must just discharge energy into the atmosphere where the gate then picks it up.

whatever the gate does it does it well.

Comment

Originally posted by puddle_jumper5 View Post

as it was explained the gate stores eneough power in its compasators after each dialing that way its like on stand bye. so even if the dhd is removed theres still one charge left in it to manually dial and as for maintaining the conection i think it was stated that the other dhd on the other end will compensate for the lack of power making it to the dialing gate due to the lack of a dhd.

an example would be when they beamed up the earth gate to thors ship to escape in order to prevent the replicators from making it to earth, they dialed out with no dhd.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The Gate can store any form of energy it comes in contact with as neutrons

Comment

it could fire a radiation beam at the gate, ionizing the air, and using it as a conduit?

Comment

Working...
                              X