This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate A is racially lacking IMO now

I was a big fan of Stargate SG-1 and eeven the first season of Atlantis, but now I just can't do it anymore. I can't pretend like this show has any respect for black views at all anymore. The darkest actor on the show is someone that doesn't even look like she is black and they got rid of the only black male charactor on the show and none have basicly followed. Was Stargate SG-1 just filmed in another part of the world as Atlantis, because their idea of a diverse cast of characters is a joke. What, was it suppose to be impressive, that they have so many women? I am black and call me racist or anything else, but I would actually like to see someone that looks like me. Atlantis is becoming the anti-Black stargate. It's like they are looking to get the people that have an open problem with black people to say, look we can watch this show and not have to look at black people. The black skin you see on the show, seem to be nothing more than a fake atempt to look like they are not going for the racist viewer. What happened, is it just a completely different group of director and producers for this show than it was for SG-1? Because clearly they are not even a little concerned by the out right show of not casting black actors for the show. I have been reading about all of the new cast members and not one of them has been black. What is worst is, that clearly they know their viewers, because I don't see anyone else talking about their lack of diversity.

Originally posted by Bloodcold View Post
    I was a big fan of Stargate SG-1 and eeven the first season of Atlantis, but now I just can't do it anymore. I can't pretend like this show has any respect for black views at all anymore. The darkest actor on the show is someone that doesn't even look like she is black and they got rid of the only black male charactor on the show and none have basicly followed. Was Stargate SG-1 just filmed in another part of the world as Atlantis, because their idea of a diverse cast of characters is a joke. What, was it suppose to be impressive, that they have so many women? I am black and call me racist or anything else, but I would actually like to see someone that looks like me. Atlantis is becoming the anti-Black stargate. It's like they are looking to get the people that have an open problem with black people to say, look we can watch this show and not have to look at black people. The black skin you see on the show, seem to be nothing more than a fake atempt to look like they are not going for the racist viewer. What happened, is it just a completely different group of director and producers for this show than it was for SG-1? Because clearly they are not even a little concerned by the out right show of not casting black actors for the show. I have been reading about all of the new cast members and not one of them has been black. What is worst is, that clearly they know their viewers, because I don't see anyone else talking about their lack of diversity.
    This is such an ironic and racisit post I can barely respond to this. Atlantis is a racist show because they don't have a dark skinned black man on the show? Pardon me while I stitch my sides. Wheteher you think Teyla is black or not she is and many are light skinned. Also Jason Momoa is Hawaiian, David Nykl is Chezchnot to mention we have seen many asians on the show. Atlantis is far from being a "whites only" show.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I admit, I would like to see someone dark on the show who is a good character (Ellis), but I'd rather the writing and characters be developed first. And jsut having black and white people isn't diversity.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Al Sharpton, that you?

Oh please, don't be so sensitive to your race. I'm pure-bred Chinese and do you see many of us around on the show? The difference is, I don't give a damn; I don't watch the show to be represented.

Comment

I was a big fan of Stargate SG-1 and eeven the first season of Atlantis, but now I just can't do it anymore. I can't pretend like this show has any respect for black views at all anymore. The darkest actor on the show is someone that doesn't even look like she is black and they got rid of the only black male charactor on the show and none have basicly followed. Was Stargate SG-1 just filmed in another part of the world as Atlantis, because their idea of a diverse cast of characters is a joke.
          Who said the show is supposed to be diverse?

What, was it suppose to be impressive, that they have so many women? I am black and call me racist or anything else, but I would actually like to see someone that looks like me. Atlantis is becoming the anti-Black stargate.
          Nonsense.

It's like they are looking to get the people that have an open problem with black people to say, look we can watch this show and not have to look at black people.
          That's a nice paranoid delusion you've got there.

The black skin you see on the show, seem to be nothing more than a fake atempt to look like they are not going for the racist viewer.
          Sorry to be the one who has to break this to you, but that's you.

What happened, is it just a completely different group of director and producers for this show than it was for SG-1? Because clearly they are not even a little concerned by the out right show of not casting black actors for the show. I have been reading about all of the new cast members and not one of them has been black. What is worst is, that clearly they know their viewers, because I don't see anyone else talking about their lack of diversity.
          Whatever happened to casting people on their acting ability instead of their race?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Whatever happened to casting people on their acting ability instead of their race?
            » Maybe it never existed.

Comment

Please tell me is a joke?

Maybe the person with best acting not skin should be hired
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                » Maybe it never existed.
                Rubbish. It may be true of some roles that they ask for a certain ethnicity of the actors they cast, but certainly not always.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Al Sharpton, that you?

Oh please, don't be so sensitive to your race. I'm pure-bred Chinese and do you see many of us around on the show? The difference is, I don't give a damn; I don't watch the show to be represented.
                  LOL, I know right. I love it when people play the racist card. It makes you wonder why this world is always in turmoil.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

I certainly hope so
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

So, because there are no black people on the show, means that they are not good enough. That the reason that there are not more black people is because they have no talent. That is the excuse for everything, that it has to be the best actors and not based on race. That is something that someone that is not a minority would say, that the best person got the job, but what if it is more, that the person hiring liked the way that one person looked. Based on their idea of what beauty is and looks like. It's like People magazine doing the 50 most beautiful people in the world. First off how many of those people choosing are white, how many peeple date outside of thier race. How many people that know or are related to someone involved in an interracial relationship. All of those things should be involved with anyone picking the 50 most beautiful people. FYI white people make of less than 11 percent of the worlds population. So how is it possible that so many of them are chosen.

Comment

Because the majority of well known celebrities in the west are from countries where white people are in the majority. And as for choosing people based on ability rather than race, no that's nothing to do with not being a member of a minority, I'm sure that anyone from an ethnic minority with any dignity at all would rather be chosen for a job based on their talent rather than their race too.

Comment

I think that this is the perfect example of lack of diversity, Steve williams would have made a better commander from his character on SG-1 series. A no nonsense command like on SG-1 in the beginning and then become friends. Are even have Bates asigned to the base as a rep for the IOA. Anything that involves some kind of diversity.

Comment

So, because there are no black people on the show, means that they are not good enough. That the reason that there are not more black people is because they have no talent. That is the excuse for everything, that it has to be the best actors and not based on race. That is something that someone that is not a minority would say, that the best person got the job, but what if it is more, that the person hiring liked the way that one person looked. Based on their idea of what beauty is and looks like. It's like People magazine doing the 50 most beautiful people in the world. First off how many of those people choosing are white, how many people date outside of their race. How many people that know or are related to someone involved in an interracial relationship. All of those things should be involved with anyone picking the 50 most beautiful people. FYI white people make of less than 11 percent of the worlds population. So how is it possible that so many of them are chosen.
                            I think this is twisting words just a bit.
                            By stating all of the possible answers to your own question as bogus arguments and forcing the issue to be pigeon-holed back to *just* race is your doing, not anyone else's

Using your logic I could say that a show as popular as the *Cosby Show* was basically racially bias and did not represent me. That due to all of what you stated white actors were shunned purely on the basis of their skin color and not the fact that
                            1) they may not have auditioned
                            2) they were not the best person for the part
                            3) they auditioned, got the part, but then got another part that was more lucrative.

Any of the above could be the reason as well as any other. To use racial motivation as the reason for having or not having select races on a show is arbitrary at best because to my knowledge unless you are sitting in that room with the PTB you have no idea what their motivation is and this is all just your opinion

which you are welcome to have But please bear in mind that many will not agree with this opinion.
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I think that this is the perfect example of lack of diversity, Steve williams would have made a better commander from his character on SG-1 series. A no nonsense command like on SG-1 in the beginning and then become friends. Are even have Bates asigned to the base as a rep for the IOA. Anything that involves some kind of diversity.
                              Was it really necesary to start a new thread on the same topic of lack of diversity?
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X