X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford in Season 5? S&R spoilers - future speculation

Last night, I got to see "Search and Rescue."
    Spoiler:
    The episode began with Sheppard having a dream where Teyla thanks Sheppard for rescuing her. He doesn't remember rescuing her, and then Ford is sitting at the table and talks about how Sheppard failed to rescue him. Then Sheppard woke up.

What was that all about? Are they saying that Ford is dead, or are they hinting at a possible guest-star return later this year?

I think 99% of the fan would like to see him again in the second half of the season.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I think 99% of the fan would like to see him again in the second half of the season.
      I think it was a little teaser for the fans, that he may return for an episode. I am not crazy about his character but would like to see some closure.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        Spoiler:
        The episode began with Sheppard having a dream where Teyla thanks Sheppard for rescuing her. He doesn't remember rescuing her, and then Ford is sitting at the table and talks about how Sheppard failed to rescue him. Then Sheppard woke up.

What was that all about? Are they saying that Ford is dead, or are they hinting at a possible guest-star return later this year?
        It was basically to set up the idea that he's let one of his team mates down once, and he's not going to do it again. Without that scene the later scene with Keller wouldn't really have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          It was basically to set up the idea that he's let one of his team mates down once, and he's not going to do it again. Without that scene the later scene with Keller wouldn't really have worked.
          Also if Torri would of returned when asked to, I betcha she would of been in that dream sequence as well. I think it would of been even more powerful. Then imagine if she was in "Ghost in the Machine". That would of been some good TV there. But alas she said no, so the producers went with just Rainbow.
          sigpic

Comment

i would love to see ford return i always wondered what happened with him after the hive

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              If that's true I'm in the 1% that doesn't. I never really liked him though an ep that resolves his story would be ok I guess.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                If that's true I'm in the 1% that doesn't. I never really liked him though an ep that resolves his story would be ok I guess.
                I'm in the 1% with you. I've never seen the craze about ford. joe's already said there's no plans to revisit his storyline in S5.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  Spoiler:

I think it could be taken either way. Ford might be dead, but he doesn't have to be. Sheppard could just be mourning teammates he couldn't save from something bad, which is not necessarily death.

Comment

I must say that I liked Ford character and that would be great to see a conclusion just like Sgt.Bates character in "Outcast".

Comment

If they're not going to bring Ford back then at least give us some closure as to his conclusion.
                      Although I would like to see Ford back - maybe not on Atlantis, as I don't think they could trust him again... although maybe as an ally on another world...

Comment

Well if he died when the Hive he was on blew up, what more closure can they give?

Comment

I would quite like to see Ford again. Even if only for one episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Well if he died when the Hive he was on blew up, what more closure can they give?
                            The problem is the writers had Sheppard say that he wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ford again. Being on an exploding hive ship is closure enough, until the writers start winking at the audience.

Comment

they said that the person who played Dr. Weir turned down for being in season 5

Comment

Working...
                              X