To people who have seen S5 premire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To people who have seen S5 premire

anyone else worried about the fact that michael stole a puddle jumper at the end of the episode, hell have access to cloaking technology and drones.
    "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

yeah well they have to make him get better tech somehow. I mean all he had before was a Wraith Cruiser and a couple of labs on various planets.
    Meh.

Comment

So I take it he has the ancient gene? I thought the ancient's goal in using 'gene required' tech was so that wraith couldn't use it.

Must've had the gene therapy...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Siler View Post
        So I take it he has the ancient gene? I thought the ancient's goal in using 'gene required' tech was so that wraith couldn't use it.

Must've had the gene therapy...
        he doesent know about it, must have beamed it in to a darts storage device, and escaped through the gate.

Comment

IIRR, He had control of Dr. Beckett for over a year and he's the one who created the gene therapy. It would surprise me if he didn't have the ata gene.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
            IIRR, He had control of Dr. Beckett for over a year and he's the one who created the gene therapy. It would surprise me if he didn't have the ata gene.
            forgot. but he couldnt read his mind, i dont think carson told him, or could he read carsons mind, dont remember.

Comment

just because he has a jumper doesnt mean he can reverse engineer the ancient technologies the ancients were wayyyyyyyyyy ahead of the wraith tech wise (the wraith dont even have shields) and their tech run on completely different principles wraith: organic ancient: crystal or something

Comment

Does anyone else think that the jumper he stole will be
                Spoiler:
                the same jumper that he uses later on in the season to infiltrate Atlantis and take over the central tower?

Comment

duh. ofcourse.

and the wraith do have shields. but seriously. what use are shields, if your enemy just punctures them with their weapons, rendering them useless?

instead, divert the power to weaponry, and make kills against them.

Comment

although he may have a jumper i woudnt get to excited- he wont be able to duplicate the technology since it is too far ahead of him- like me trying to create a cold fusion reactor (not guna happen lol)

Comment

its not too far ahead from em. even a wraith could turn its cloak into a shield.
                      they dont use shields because of one, no wait two stupidly simple reasons:
                      1: shielding a hive costs a ton of power
                      2: what use are shields against ancients, and now asgard beam weapons? ancient drones punctured through shields like they werent there. seeing as they wouldnt have ancient/asgard level of shields, its highly improbable that they would figure out how to counter effects. seeing as only very advanced shields are drone proof.

as to the two reasons:

1: the power nessecary for such a shield, would be pumped into the weapons, making them capable of killing ancients.
                      2: the enhanced weapons could kill ancients. so, they would be more vulnerable, not like they wouldnt with shields, and the power, othewise wasted, would be put to use for additional firepower. and that firepower was what won the war, not the shields.
                      unless they get the oddy, and instruct it to upgrade the hive as much as it possibly can, hives will remain as they are. two of the three current gateworld fleets gave the wraith a kind of dampening field, allowing it to take more damage. but with the asgard beams, shields are again obsolete. so the bigger guns are better than shields.

Comment

I agree, the Plasma Beams cut through Ancient Aurora shields with one shot. I doubt the Wraith could make effective shields against it. We know Wraith use shields for their darts as canopies and to hold a humanoid replicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
                          anyone else worried about the fact that michael stole a puddle jumper at the end of the episode, hell have access to cloaking technology and drones.

the wraith already had access to drones. in spoils of war todd said they captured aurora class ships and they would be equiped with drones. and my guess is that they couldnt make heads or tails of them.

the cloaking tech i am a little concerned about b/c the last thing we need is a cloaked army of hybrids running around
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The Wraith can easily tinker with puddlejumpers and as one fell into there hands they can make it do almost everything we can make it do, Think back to Season 1 ep 'The Defiant One' that Wraith spent a few minutes inside it and managed to switch the cloak into a shield generator that knocked shep on his arse. The only thing he had a problem with was making it fly as he didn't have teh ATA gene and as micheal has this that won't be a problem.
                            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

we dont know Michael has the ata gene now.

Maybe one of the Athosians turned wraith had it, or possibly he had a human slave on his ship.
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                              X