This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Core

Just a few questions. I watched Search and Rescue and when Carter and McKay were making repairs, I swear the station with the Asgard crystals on it was an Asgard Core. The station that Hermiod used to use was facing the back and this station is facing the front.

So my questions are:

Is this not the core and just an Asgard work station?

If it is an Asgard Core is it the original or can we replicate more?

Is this just a prop mistake from trying to save money.

Thanks!
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Probably save money acordig to wika only ships that have core is phe and the ody.
    sigpic

Comment

reverse engineered and fitted onto the Daedalus
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

I doubt it's the full core with everything the original had. More likely it's a reversed engineered core that runs the beam weapons, but doesn't have all the asgard knowledge. It would be kinda dumb to equip every ship with that kind of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
          I doubt it's the full core with everything the original had. More likely it's a reversed engineered core that runs the beam weapons, but doesn't have all the asgard knowledge. It would be kinda dumb to equip every ship with that kind of knowledge.
          Exactly! You don't want that type of knowledge getting into the wrong hands.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Doubt its the original core, it was barely removable. Its prolly just a weaker model for the daedalous systems. Generic asgard computer terminal #2

Comment

Maybe they equipped it with some of the knowledge for Carter to study or possibly take with her to the PG and study while she is there.
              sigpic

Comment

nah hermiods work stations and the asgard core are 2 different things.

hermiod joined the crew of the deadalus and had his workstation. coz he needed to be there to work out any calculations and kinks with an intergalatic hyperdrive system (coz they are crazy advanced the only race left to have them is the asgard)

posibly also they gave them some weapons better shields and beaming tech. hermiod came on board to help with all that stuff coz we dont know jack in comparison.

the asgard core, thor gave to us on the behalf of the asgard at the end of sg1, cant remember which 304 they put it in. but im sure they gave us a compatible asgard core, something that we cud work with and understand and that was most importantly compatible with out ship.

there wud instructions on how it works, how to duplicate and shift coz i doubt they wud of just given it to us to keep on 1 ship that was meant for battle. the main one is probably at area 51.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                  reverse engineered and fitted onto the Daedalus
                  Yup.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yeah. Remember that the Asgard core was a power source as well as a computer. Their shields lasted an *awefully* long time against that cruiser. So I'm thinking the same thing as some of the others on this thread: the hardware of the core was partially reverse engineered and installed on the Daedalus to augment its existing systems, but without the knowledge base that the Odyssey core had.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                      Probably save money acordig to wika only ships that have core is phe and the ody.
                      And of course if Wikipedia says it then it has to be true!

Comment

So far as we know, that's true. The Asgard installed the core on the Odyssey themselves. The Pheonix had an Asgard station on the bridge but...I guess we can't really know if it was the core unless there's a piece of dialog I'm missing?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                          the asgard core, thor gave to us on the behalf of the asgard at the end of sg1, cant remember which 304 they put it in. but im sure they gave us a compatible asgard core, something that we cud work with and understand and that was most importantly compatible with out ship.

there wud instructions on how it works, how to duplicate and shift coz i doubt they wud of just given it to us to keep on 1 ship that was meant for battle. the main one is probably at area 51.
                          They Put it on the Odyssey
                          sigpic
                          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

I'm going to assume that both Deadleus and Apollo have Smaller versions of the Core in order to have those ships equiped with the Beam Weapons and Asgard Sheilds where as the Odyssey has the FULL orginial version given to them by Thor and the Asgard. Pheonix Currently doesn't exist since that reality was changed by Sheppard.
                            Last edited by GateTrek2004; 17 July 2008, 06:37 AM. Reason: added weapons and shields
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Deadleus and Apollo got some MAJOR upgrades in mid season4.. my bet is that they got a "core" then..

Comment

Working...
                              X