Shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shut down

We know the Daedalus can do a total shutdown as seen in Intruders. However it suprised me that when they did the shutdown the artificial gravity remained active. How is this possible?

Could have been overlooked or it could be that artificial gravity is a non-networked and isolated system. If it is an isolated system it wouldn't need to be shutdown.

I lean more to it being overlooked than the other though.
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe the AG system is either too vital (as a byproduct of the inertial dampening system) to be shutdown, or the as yet unknown effect it works on is something that lingers, slowly bleeds off or can't easily be turned off...or turned on again. For all we know, AG takes days to get up and running.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

AG is tied into the Life Support system and the LSS cant be shut down easily and remains active even during a total shut down, unless there is no power then it will shut down lol

But that is how i think it works so don't go stressing at me if im wrong
        sigpic

Comment

My bet's on isolated systems, through they do have handles to move around in zero G.

Comment

It's possible because showing the crew floating all over the place would have been too expensive, so they just ignored that little conundrum. Sci Fi shows almost never show artificial gravity failing, even when a ship is crippled to the point of abandonement.
            Last edited by jds1982; 12 July 2008, 02:06 PM.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

In the episode, they actually said that the Life Support and Anti-Grav systems were separate and non-networked.

Comment

Working...
              X