Asgard Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Core

I watched Search and Rescue and it is shown that the Daedalus has an Asgard Computer Core, it was the scene where McKay and Carter were fixing things. But why are so many people saying the Daedalus and Apollo only have weapons. Also I'm quite confident the Apollo has the Core two.

Also now that I know they do, do you think all the Asgard knowlegde is in those core, cause I read some spoilers for the Atlantis season five Daniel crossover and Todd is going to steal the Apollo in the episode. So if they do have all the knowlegde this could provide it to the wraith

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
    I watched Search and Rescue and it is shown that the Daedalus has an Asgard Computer Core, it was the scene where McKay and Carter were fixing things. But why are so many people saying the Daedalus and Apollo only have weapons. Also I'm quite confident the Apollo has the Core two.

Also now that I know they do, do you think all the Asgard knowlegde is in those core, cause I read some spoilers for the Atlantis season five Daniel crossover and Todd is going to steal the Apollo in the episode. So if they do have all the knowlegde this could provide it to the wraith
    i doubt they have the core because

1. spoiler

Spoiler:
    their shields wouldnt of drained so quickly since the core would be tied into the shieldfs systems

3. it would be stupid to put the asgard core in every ship if you have everything you know from the asgard

Spoiler:
    4. the weapons would need some sort of computer like the asgard weapons and that was what they were fixing
    sigpic

Comment

They probably had a core, with knowledge to make food, missiles and etc. Not the core that was on the oddy. but the same system.

It would be compared to having an i pod filled completely with music (oddy), and an ipod with nothing but rock music on it (daedy)
      Visit my Website

Comment

nice analogy. but hes right. the CC is a very powerfull computer. and adding a CC would add AI to the ship, making it run better, and allowing less crew. besides, it might be fitted with the same powercore, adding extra power

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          nice analogy. but hes right. the CC is a very powerfull computer. and adding a CC would add AI to the ship, making it run better, and allowing less crew. besides, it might be fitted with the same powercore, adding extra power
          That's a little bit over the top. The core has been stated to be a very powerful computer, but not one the has AI. We also have no idea what powers it and if that power source does more then just power the core.

I would imagine the new asgard consoles added to the ships are computers that are similar to the core but don't contain the stuff not necessary for a space ship(asgard knowledge and the like).

Comment

i see earth having a duplicate core with asgard knowledge in Area 51, and having computer coresn on other ships without it.

the powercore does add power to the whole grid, as evidenced by the ZPM and powercore running out because of the 50 years in a TD field.

how much remains the question

Comment

The core's power source was for the core itself, and only the core itself; hence Thor saying "that will not infringe on your ship's ZPM." He was assuring Carter that using the core would not drain power from the other systems, it would only be interfacing with them. Nothing implied it would provide more power to the Odyssey, in fact all evidence is against that.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i see earth having a duplicate core with asgard knowledge in Area 51, and having computer coresn on other ships without it.

the powercore does add power to the whole grid, as evidenced by the ZPM and powercore running out because of the 50 years in a TD field.

how much remains the question
                Carter could have been referring to the fact that the core has now been going so long that it won't last much longer itself, due to it being used continuously to help her research for 50 straight years.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

except unending, which stated both ZPM and powercore faced depletion

Comment

It makes sense they can supplement the core with power, which is why the ZPM being out was a problem in Unending. They had to boost the power to the core to run a dilation field that long. But that doesn't mean the core is powerful enough to power things other then itself

Comment

to me the powercore almost rivals a ZPM. running the core at full power however would consume quite some of its output, wheras a zpm's output is limited only by the power it contains.

Comment

except unending, which stated both ZPM and powercore faced depletion
                        Not necessarily because the core's power source was wired into all the other ship's systems, though.

Comment

I guess you can believe what you want, but it's pure speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                            I guess you can believe what you want, but it's pure speculation.
                            It's speculation either way, as we have strong evidence for both sides, really. Thor's statement makes it seem as though the core's power source is completely separate. Carter's implies it was tied into the ZPM somewhere down the line.

*shrug*

Considering the core was what was probably doing the time dilation field, though, it would make sense for Carter to tie the ZPM into that, not the other way around. That would explain why both were near depletion.

Comment

power can be channelled into the core.

you know what:

Spoiler:
                              what if the initial update meant PC powered CC, and it allowed easy rerouting to power the entire ship, or use the ship's power for the core?
                              in AOT, where the core is offline, the powercore couldve been used to power the ship. otherwise, its waste of a powersource

Comment

Working...
                              X