Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I Just See Weir In The Commercial For Season 5?!?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I Just See Weir In The Commercial For Season 5?!?!?!

title says it all

I swear i saw Weir running and yelling something about "this war isn't over yet!!"

can anyone confirm or definitively disprove?
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

You saw her.

It was footage from "The Long Goodbye" and "This Mortal Coil". Torri's not in Season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
      title says it all

I swear i saw Weir running and yelling something about "this war isn't over yet!!"

Yes, she's in there... that scene's from Season 2, The Long Goodbye. There's also Clone!Weir from This Mortal Coil in the commercial.

HOWEVER!!!

Torri's not in season 5... so this was another case of the Sci Fi Promo-Department screwing up again. Just like Teyla's baby is not a prophet, Weir is 'not' in season 5.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
      Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

that's what i thought...

bleepers...

i'm still hoping that TPTB go back and get the original actress who played weir, recast her as weir again, and finish the plot arc
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

that's what i thought...bleepers...i'm still hoping that TPTB go back and get the original actress who played weir, recast her as weir again, and finish the plot arc
          Me thinks you will be disappointed.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

title says it all

lovely promotion huh

Comment

That would be the best fake out ever though, no? Torri is really coming back for a three episode stint, and they've been submarining us this whole time.
              My Livejournal
              I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

are you really sure that she isn't in season 5 because in the episode when they destroyed the replacator planet at the vary end they showed her in a ship saying now we can work with out fear

Comment

Originally posted by whiteout49 View Post
                  are you really sure that she isn't in season 5 because in the episode when they destroyed the replacator planet at the vary end they showed her in a ship saying now we can work with out fear
                  Torri has said that she's not interested in coming back after how she feels she and her character, along with her fans, were treated by the current group of producers... so, I'd put my money on TH not coming back again...

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                    Torri has said that she's not interested in coming back after how she feels she and her character, along with her fans, were treated by the current group of producers... so, I'd put my money on TH not coming back again...
                    With respect, Torri said no such thing - that we know of. All we know for sure is that she decided not to come back. You may have your own opinions on why she made that decision but it's not appropriate or fair for you to ascribe motivations to Torri.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like they still need Weir after all...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Sounds like they still need Weir after all...
                        Please elaborate
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Please elaborate
                          Can't find proper use for her, can't live without her either.

Why would anyone put a character/actress that is no longer on the show in a promo?

In my humble opinion, it's done to draw in numbers, but that's just my opinion of course.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd say it's so they can use as little new material as possible to make the commercial snips easy, more exciting and therefore more appealing, I don't think they specifically used Torri, I think it's a case of lines like "This isn't over yet!" draw excitement and add tension to the commercial short. Plus it's also cheaper in the long run I suppose to use an episode already in syndication?

But hey that's just me thinking out loud here... no offence to TPTB but repliweir, much like superford had much more potential for good quality storytelling and they let it all slip away...
                            The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              With respect, Torri said no such thing - that we know of. All we know for sure is that she decided not to come back. You may have your own opinions on why she made that decision but it's not appropriate or fair for you to ascribe motivations to Torri.
                              Well... most of the recent news releases et al would beg to differ with you... but you're right. We were not there, we don't know what happened behind scenes, so...

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Working...
                              X