Who's The most Advanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's The most Advanced?

What race is the most advanced. A controversial topic.

Shields:

Ori Vs. Ancient

Asgard Vs. Goa'uld

Who's the best?

Comment

Asgard shields.

The problem with these shields is that there is a bleed through effect.
      The more fire an asgard shield comes under, the more the bleed through effect. A bad thing if your hull isn't thick! Another bad pointer is that the asgard shields are depleteable, and need time to recharge, unlike ancient shields, which maintain the same shield level and instead deplete the power source rather than the shield

Comment

Asgard shields are buffered whereas Ancient shields draw power directly from the source.
        Also you got to remember the Ancients had to stop developing their tech. when they all died/ascended but the Asgard continued their work on the subjects they understood.

But this topic is pointless, everyone knows the Furlings are most advanced.
        Originally posted by Craig Charles
        "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

The Asgard trump the Gou'ald without even thinking. It was Anubis stealing ancient and asgard tech that made him nearly asgard level.

As for ancients vs ori, I just say they're as powerfull as each other because they each have arguments for and against that make them virtually equal.

Oh and Furlings pwn everyone without even thinking
          Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
            Asgard shields are buffered whereas Ancient shields draw power directly from the source.
            Also you got to remember the Ancients had to stop developing their tech. when they all died/ascended but the Asgard continued their work on the subjects they understood.

But this topic is pointless, everyone knows the Furlings are most advanced.
            Ummm... Firstly thats what i just said. That asgard shields are depletable, which obviously means that the shield power comes from a buffered source.
            Thats why the shields need time to recharge. And also, the ancients were much older than the asgard. so this means that the asgard advanced at a much faster rate!

Secondly.. where did you get the idea that the furlings were the the most advanced race.... we dont even see the furlings once, and we see a small amount of their tech. and thats even going against the producers' comments who say the ancients are the most advanced at the start of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by nich959 View Post
              The Asgard trump the Gou'ald without even thinking. It was Anubis stealing ancient and asgard tech that made him nearly asgard level.

As for ancients vs ori, I just say they're as powerfull as each other because they each have arguments for and against that make them virtually equal.

Oh and Furlings pwn everyone without even thinking

Ahhh, yes, evryone knows asgard poon the gou'uld. it was just a way of fitting in all the advanced races. the goa'uld are a joke. Actually, know the tau'ri have all the asgard crap and some ancient knowledge, they must be pretty advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
                Ummm... Firstly thats what i just said. That asgard shields are depletable, which obviously means that the shield power comes from a buffered source.
                Thats why the shields need time to recharge. And also, the ancients were much older than the asgard. so this means that the asgard advanced at a much faster rate!

Secondly.. where did you get the idea that the furlings were the the most advanced race.... we dont even see the furlings once, and we see a small amount of their tech. and thats even going against the producers' comments who say the ancients are the most advanced at the start of the series.
                He's joking
                Perhaps Puff

Comment

Conventional Military Technology: Earth

Comment

thats a bit-shoot at evrything. we've seen that conventional military tech sucks. im talking about tau'ri season 10 technology. a combination of lots of tech!

Comment

thats a bit-shoot at evrything. we've seen that conventional military tech sucks. im talking about tau'ri season 10 technology. a combination of lots of tech!
                      I wouldn't say it sucks, the only reason SG1 survived through the early seasons is our superior training and not advanced but but still really good tech for military.

Example In The Warrior

This is weapon of war (points at P90)
                      This is a weapon of fear (points at Staff weapon)
                      Perhaps Puff

Comment

I spose you're right..... still its not as good as late earth tech. just still seems a bit clanky and not zappy. if you get what im saying. if not, dont get all emotional, it's a figure of speech...

Comment

I spose you're right..... still its not as good as late earth tech. just still seems a bit clanky and not zappy. if you get what im saying. if not, dont get all emotional, it's a figure of speech...
                          Your right, its not advanced but it doesn't have to be advanced to be powerful. But I agree, we could make some decent energy hand weps now.
                          Perhaps Puff

Comment

Yaaaaaaay. you got my figure of speech.... cool.

Comment

I'd say Earth is the most developed. The most advanced- it would have to be the Ancients.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X