Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radar

In the episode Prometheus Davis tells that the Radar isn't finished and that flying in the lower bay or something will make sure they can't detect the death glider Jack and Teal'c are using. However the ship is in space and for a radar to work a medium is necessary to work. Because the Radar works by sound. Therefore the Radar would not be able to detect things at all if used in space.

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
    In the episode Prometheus Davis tells that the Radar isn't finished and that flying in the lower bay or something will make sure they can't detect the death glider Jack and Teal'c are using. However the ship is in space and for a radar to work a medium is necessary to work. Because the Radar works by sound. Therefore the Radar would not be able to detect things at all if used in space.
    I think you mean SONAR, radar doesn't need a medium...........

Comment

Radar uses radio waves, which don't need a medium to travel through and are just another form of light. Sonar uses sound waves, and needs a medium, preferably water, to work.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

well i guess this thread is over, wanna go get a beer?
        Meh.

Comment

I'd rather have a go at a pool of $100s ;P

Go Green

Comment

A RADAR is just photons, just like sunlight, which I think we all can agree on needs no medium except vacuum. RADAR uses a much more specific range of frequencies

Comment

Sorry my fault. I was confused. I now remember. A radar is based on bats and they use sound but Radar uses Em waves

Comment

Working...
              X