Odysseys Shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odysseys Shields

Now as we all know.. Odyssey seems to have a stronger shield then Deadalus and Apollo right? even thou both Deaddy and Apollo both received "Unending upgrades" in season4..
    So how come?

Well I believe that Moros didn't not just "add a cloak" but he also upgraded the already advanced Asgard shields to a level closer to that of the Atlantis City Shield ..
    Think about it..

Moros was an ancient.. Ancient Cloaks use the shield emitters to cloak the ship (see Puddle Jumpers) so Moros had to have mixed around with the shield Emitters to be able to cloak the Odyssey, and while he was in there he must have upgraded the shields to a level so strong that .. well.. just how many shoots did Odyssey take in Arc of Truth without damage??

i wouldnt say without damage but much more than it did in unending which would suggest that things are dependent on the situation and any analysis of this is otherwise pointless.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

U know it could be that Oddessy has a ZPM plugged in. Taur'i ships shields never run at 100% power as Taur'i power sources are not powerful enough(same with the hyperdrive) With a ZPM the shield would be maxed to the level of the O'niells shield strengh(they are the same shields)

For the Ark Of Truth it probably took more shots because in Unending Oddessy's shields had allready been pounded by several shots from pursuing ships and Orilla blowing up behind it. I'm pretty sure that that would account for the shields being weakened heavily.

Comment

ships now seem to have 'fortress mode". in which the shields are much stronger, but the ship doesnt move neither fire

Comment

Oddyssey >= Daedalus & Apollo. Reason? ZPM. The Daedalus & the Apollo are operating at NOWHERE near their full potential. Shield strength at best 1/3, hyperdrive is less than 10% max capability, possibly the Asgard beams are at 100% but we do not know for certain...not to mention they cannot cloak need 'stable powersource' according to Daniel. Cloaking is a huge advantage in battle. Cloak = Can attack the enemy at their weakest point at leisure, surprise is the greatest weapon in war.

The main reason why they have not found any more ZPMs, or sufficeint power source is to the keep the 'fight' with the Wraith and the 'new enemies' remotely close to a level playing field. I.e: The Oddysey should be able to take 6-12 Hives on at once, depending on the situation. While the Daedalus would be stretched to take on 3 at once.

If everything is going to maintaining shields = they will last longer, or much longer as the case in AoT. You may see this in season 5 demonstrated once again.

Comment

20% capacity on the Hyperdrive as it usually tokk 19-20 days to get to pegasus normally but 4 days with ZedPM

Comment

The shields probably start at 100% but will drop quickly as the buffer is depleted. zpm = no need for buffer

Comment

Apart from city ships all ships need buffers which is why Oddysey still had power but the shields were going down.

Your all forgeting the most important thing about aot which is that Oddysey was infested with replicators, Not only were they upgrading the shields but they had combined into that big bug to power the ship to defend it from the ORI and as we know that big bug can power a Hatak to fly from Ida? to the Milkyway in a few days (The ep were they blow up a sun and get flung to a replicator infested galaxy).
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Why not add Moros cloak, because he is gone of course. If Earth had the knowlegde we would have done it.

Comment

actually with a ZPM we could bypass buffers and have a cityshield.

Comment

whos moros.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                        whos moros.
                        Myrddin.. or better known as.. Merlin

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          U know it could be that Oddessy has a ZPM plugged in. Taur'i ships shields never run at 100% power as Taur'i power sources are not powerful enough(same with the hyperdrive) With a ZPM the shield would be maxed to the level of the O'niells shield strengh(they are the same shields)

For the Ark Of Truth it probably took more shots because in Unending Oddessy's shields had allready been pounded by several shots from pursuing ships and Orilla blowing up behind it. I'm pretty sure that that would account for the shields being weakened heavily.
                          Um... no they're not... the shields installed on the Odyssey were the very latest Asgard designs. Those on O'Neill-class warships are at least six years old by that time, remember? Hardly their latest stuff.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well that would depend on whether they upgraded the shields or not-my bet not because they could not have increased the shield strengh much in 6 years and in anycase the ZPM souped up the shields in the first place before they had any upgrades. I reckon the mods were

1, Beam Weapons
                            2, Computer core
                            3, Holo room (The room Daniel was reading in)

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                              Well that would depend on whether they upgraded the shields or not-my bet not because they could not have increased the shield strengh much in 6 years and in anycase the ZPM souped up the shields in the first place before they had any upgrades. I reckon the mods were

1, Beam Weapons
                              2, Computer core
                              3, Holo room (The room Daniel was reading in)
                              The Odyssey had a ZPM before that, and we've never seen any indication that the shields were that powerful before "Unending." In fact, the explicit impression we were given was that the shields were vastly superior to anything we've ever seen on a 304 before as of "Unending," wouldn't you agree?
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X