Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you staying spoiler free for season 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you staying spoiler free for season 5?

This year I decided to refrain from knowing just about anything except woosley(which I could not avoid, and I am looking forward to), that will happen in season five, I don't even know the the names of the episodes.

Last season I was on the season 5 dicussion thread quite a bit and by the time the first episode came I knew what was going to happen and that seemed to really (for me) bring down the viewing experiance.

Anyway I was just wonder if anyone else was trying to do the same, for me its just about not paying much attention to the threads about the episodes and if I do learn somthing I forget about if I don't post about it.

Anyone else out there?

I'm trying to. I was exposed to one (huge) spoiler through the RSS feed but since then I've been paying closer attention to the reader before I click the headlines.

Comment

I am with the both of you.

Mostly from season 5 and also the upcoming movie.
      I want to experience the real surprise and excitement visually, not by reading it
      But it is really tempting

Comment

I was spoiler-free, but I gave in to curiousity. the more I know about some episodes, the more I look forward to them.
        Last edited by naamiaiset; 03 July 2008, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Nah - I'm a spoiler-wh0re!! I have watches S&R already, despite not even having seen the second half of season 4 yet!!
          sigpic
          My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

i want ALL spoilers ALL the time!!!

I have the patience of a gnat!!

I read the end of a book first!

If I could I'd go steal the finished episodes!
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I Sure am spoiler free! I don’t know anything at all, its creeping me out since it’s the first time I haven’t known every little detail about the season before the first episode has aired
              that is partly due to the fact that i've been very busy this year
              sigpic

Comment

Nope not me! I love spoilers, I adore them, I seek them out and make them mine!!!!! (ok a little too psycho there but you get my drift!)
                I like the anticipation that comes from having hints, seeing a few pics, from a future episode!

Comment

Give me all your spoilers
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm a spoiler-whore. I love reading the first spoilers of a new episode and then speculating about it
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Yup, for the first time ever in my life I have gone spoiler-free in an active fandom!

It's a new experience for me as I am usually a spoiler-whore but I agree with the OP that there was so much information and clips and everything out there for some of the Season 4 episodes that it kinda felt like we'd seen most of the episode or knew most of what was going to happen by the time it aired!

So this time I decided to go spoiler-free. And I'm loving it. I'm not 100% spoiler-free cos the only way to do that would be to quit internet fandom altogether but I only know teeeny tiny bits of information (well, and one or two things that I got accidentally spoiled on) and for most of the eps have no idea even what the plot relates to (or even the titles of most of em or what order they will air in! )

I am SO looking forward to the excitement of sitting down to watch an episode and having no idea what to expect from it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am trying (And failing) to keep myself away from most of the spoilers online.... That being said i am following the episodic pictures thread.

I used to be a major spoiler hunter (Never liked the phrase 'Spoiler whore' TBH) but after a few episodes ... and movies.... where i was pleasently surprised by not knowing in advance, i've decided to keep away form the majority of spoiler material.

I'm struggling with Continuum atm....I know the basics... just the official stuff that has been released... but i've had to remove myself from a couple of areas on Gateworld alone because of the leak of the movie

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          I am trying (And failing) to keep myself away from most of the spoilers online.... That being said i am following the episodic pictures thread.

I used to be a major spoiler hunter (Never liked the phrase 'Spoiler whore' TBH) but after a few episodes ... and movies.... where i was pleasently surprised by not knowing in advance, i've decided to keep away form the majority of spoiler material.

I'm struggling with Continuum atm....I know the basics... just the official stuff that has been released... but i've had to remove myself from a couple of areas on Gateworld alone because of the leak of the movie
                          I haven't really bothered with much on COntinuum except looking at photos. It's the same as when I see any other movie: i want to know a little, but not the whole plot. That just ruins in.

And I've noticed a LOT more fans going spoiler-free this year... unfortunately some details are too much nowadays and it's more fun if you know just the basics, although I *know* SciFi is gonna ruin an episode or two with their spoiler-ridden ads. Sigh.

Comment

''And you will never believe wat happens in the last five minutes!!!1!!1!!''
                            Mia: Don't you hate that?
                            Vincent: Hate what?
                            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                              ''And you will never believe wat happens in the last five minutes!!!1!!1!!''
                              » *reveal what happens in the last five minutes*

» Me? Spoiler free? I try to, but I like some forewarning for episodes with large puke-inducing capacities.

Comment

Working...
                              X