X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memories of Makepeace-Steve Makaj interview

http://scifi.about.com/od/interviews.../makepeace.htm

I really enjoyed doing this interview as Makepeace has always been one of my favorite background/recurring characters and 'Shades of Grey' remains to this day my least favorite SG1 episode sheerly for what they did to the character of Makepeace.

I like Steve's idea of restoring Makepeace's good name and putting him back in the SGC where he belongs.
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

I was absolutely stunned when Makepeace turned out to be a bad guy. He saved SG-1! You can't make him bad! SO wrong what they did to him....I hope he comes back for an episode some time.
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I liked the episode. It wouldn't have had the same impact if it was someone just introduced in that episode.

Comment

The way I see it, he wasn't bad, just misguided. And I agree with D.C., the episode wouldn't have had the same effect if someone new was taken out of the picture. It had to be an established "good guy," which is why taking out Maybourne wasn't enough.
        Rocky

Comment

The episodes called "Shades of Grey" as well... it's more complicated then Bad and Good.

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
            I like Steve's idea of restoring Makepeace's good name and putting him back in the SGC where he belongs.
            I love Makepeace, and I really wish the PTB would do exactly what he mentioned in that interview.

Shades of Grey is one of my favourite eps, and the idea that Makepeace really believes that he is doing the best thing for our planet comes accross very clearly.

Although, on the other hand, much as I'd like to see him back, if Makepeace does come back and clear his name, that ep will lose some of its impact.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Someone gave me bad rep for my post! I didn't do anything wrong! Did I?

The least they could do is write a comment....
              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                Someone gave me bad rep for my post! I didn't do anything wrong! Did I?

The least they could do is write a comment....
                Well someone who didn't leave a comment as to why, also left a bad rep point for me for posting the link to the interview..I wonder if it's the same person who gave me a bad rep point for posting a link to my screen captures from the press release version of New Order.

It seems a little unfair to me that someone can give you a bad rep point for something like this without justifying it by saying what you did to deserve it.
                ______
                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

I'd like to see those NID people show up in another episode. I'm not really a big fan of The Sentinal, though. Shades of Grey is probably my favourite NID episode.

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
                    Well someone who didn't leave a comment as to why, also left a bad rep point for me for posting the link to the interview..I wonder if it's the same person who gave me a bad rep point for posting a link to my screen captures from the press release version of New Order.

It seems a little unfair to me that someone can give you a bad rep point for something like this without justifying it by saying what you did to deserve it.
                    Ah, join the club. There are people who assign red points for no real reason. You post a link, or an excerpt from a news article, and suddenly you're worthy of a red dot.

Comment

Working...
                    X