This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate on water?

This is gonna be seen as a really stupid topic, haha! But I actually wish that that one episode at least has the gate on water or something in theme of Atlantis. We seen past promotional shots where the gate is submerged, partially in water, erected in water, but episode-wise so far we only had gates in space or erected on ground.

How about a horizontal gate? How about an alien race that has a shield for their gate? Or just to make an episode different, have a gate on water. I take it it's a bit late to make further recommendations right for this season?

Oh well, roflmao.

You mean like the Sg-1 episode Watergate?

Comment

Looks like you're going to get your wish (kind of):

"Today we're shooting the entire Atlantis away team, looking like drowned rats, cowering atop a submerged Stargate. OK -- Joe, Rachel, and Jason are crouching, and look more like the glistening sea-panthers ... but I'm doing my part and representing for the bedraggled geeks with sinus problems. The interesting part of today's filming is that all this takes place in the studio! Jim Menard, who shot our 'A Dog's Breakfast' film, is having all sorts of fun with little P2 cameras and snorkel lenses and aquariums in a bid to turn our corner of the studio into a massive glacial lake. So they hose us down, we climb up on half a gate and (apart from the fish tank) they put the water and the scenery in later. ... Got to love that green-screen technology."
      (Actor David Hewlett, in a post at his blog)

see the Episodes Guide- Atlantis season five: The Shrine (although i'm not sure its part of that episode).

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
        You mean like the Sg-1 episode Watergate?
        Or do you mean when our Alpha Site got attacked by Anubises Drones and the gate was turned on it's side and Teal'c and Jack fell into the big whole that the whoosh made.

Comment

How about the gate in the episode "2001." It was turned to a horizontal position to recieve harvested crops from a ship that tipped the crops into it. I always wondered if the gate on the other side was horizontal also but the other way round so the crops could fall out into a recieving container.
          It was also horizontal when Carter escaped at the end of the episode.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          McKay: Crap!

Hermiod: What did you do?

McKay: I ran it through a translation programme, it's Wraith.

Hermiod: Crap indeed!
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          O'Neall: Yasureyoubetya!

Comment

I think he might mean a Stargate that was floating on top of the surface of a body of water, although I can't see how that would be possible as the Stargate would surely sink to the bottom.
            "Grant me the serenity
            to accept the things I cannot change;
            the courage to change the things I can;
            and the wisdom to know the difference"

Comment

Working...
            X