Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

verdict on the happening? (no spoilers please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verdict on the happening? (no spoilers please)

I'm just wondering should I watch it? I used to love Shyamalan's movies. The Village REALLY let me down though. Wasn't so crazy about the Lady in the Water either. Those of you who've seen his latest movie what did you think?
    Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Avoid it at all costs. I've liked everything Shyamalan's done and I HATED this movie. It's a waste of time, resources, and a potentially cool plot. It's full of gratuitous violence (which IMO was not necessary, even with the plot) and mind-numbingly bad dialogue.

There's a lady called Cleolinda who writes movie parodies and she did one called The Happening in Fifteen Minutes. I highly recommend it as an alternative to the actual movie. It's funny and it's free.

Comment

sucked.

Comment

My advice is to not waste your money.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

thanks. I believe that's enough evidence for me lol.

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

I'm glad we could help. I had really wished that this movie would be better than it was.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I'm glad we could help. I had really wished that this movie would be better than it was.
              They did an amazing job of marketing the movie, but you can dress a pile of dung up as pretty as you want but it's still dung.

Comment

Very true. How awesome did The Village look in the previews? I won't give any spoilers for it, but right after the "do your very best not to scream" line I got so disgusted with that movie I almost left the theater. Then I kept hoping maybe it would get better, but I was wrong.

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

its a tiny bit worse than jesus christ, vampire hunter

and that has cheese value at least
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

i was hoping MNS would be back on form for this, i loved 6th sense and unbreakable, signs was mediocre at best, the village was dire, but then i quite enjoyed lady in the water, so i thought he might be re-improving, but oh well, thanks for the tips though guys.

who else thinks he is a much better director than writer, perhaps he should start directing other peoples movies instead of writing poop

btw, this is my 2000th post
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                      They did an amazing job of marketing the movie, but you can dress a pile of dung up as pretty as you want but it's still dung.
                      Very well said. There is really no arguing that one.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                      X