This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tremors- is anyone else a fan?

Does anyone remember those lovely movies?
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Yes indeed! It was good, old Burt Gummer and his military bunker Did you see the TV series? It wasn't as good as the first two movies but it was ok. (The movie that went back in time was a bit poor too) But still they were good B movies.

Comment

Nope, haven't watched the Tv series.

I love Tremors. They were wonderfully light-hearted and very, very different from any other monster movie out there. The characters cast was excellent (and I am not talking only about Michael Gross/ Burt Gummer here; even the Obligatory Pretty Girl was a different breed from the refined Barbie dolls that constitute a necessary part of every sci-fi monster's daily diet. Hell, even the Graboids are very different from most sci-fi monsters; they aren't dangerous because they are big and bulletproof as much as because they are devilishly clever and adaptible. And it was great to see a movie in which victory comes through constant teamwork of a bunch of average dudes rather than through a lone hero's superpower.

I loved the "back in time" movie more than all others except for the first one, btw. I thought it ranked among the best prequels ever done.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

OH MY GOODNESS YES!!!!!

I love the tremors movies and the series! It was a real shame Sci-Fi canceled it (Even though it was their highest-rated series at the time).
        Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
        Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

In my last year of university, one day around 11am a friend showed up after having been awake all night and writing an exam earlier in the morning while I had been up all night cramming for one that afternoon. We sat around falling asleep and watching the Tremors TV series. It was one of the most horrible yet entertaining experiences of my life.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked the first (Reba McEntire, LOL) and second ones. I'm not sure I ever watched the third, and I recently found a (dreadful) fourth one on SciFi one afternoon.

Comment

first one was great.
              second one was substantially less great.
              i think i saw the third one day on tv, and it was absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                you sir!!!........... have gone up in my estimation!! tremors is awesome

when the graboid breaks into gummers basement and they fire off a few weak shots, then the cam zooms out to see 'the wall of guns' his wife shouting 'magazine', and the military precision of her reload and his throw, the 'elephant' gun with those ridiculous shells, giving the brother from 'wonder years' an empty gun, 'STAMPEDE!!!', rock/paper/scissors for every decision!

classic movie might watch it later
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

on which day did the lord create giant man-eating worms?

Comment

They were absolutly brilliant movies mostly because no matter how bad of a mood you are in you can always sit down and watch one and at the end feel like laughing your face off.

1st = Beyond Brilliant.(Cattle getting eaten was so funny)

2nd = Beyond Brilliant (I mean when they put that bomb in burts truck and jump into the first hole they find and see gummer running further was absolutly priceless)

3rd = Typical corny laugh fest of a B-movie (Deserts jacks replica gun and them walking across the desert under the matress is hilarious)

4th = corniest of the corn. But had a few good laughs and those baby graboids in the mine shaft were brilliant.

Series = watched in online and was great to watch when doing something else generally a good old giggle of a B-movie making it barely as a series. Them shooting those shreakers with musket equiped base ball team was unbeatably funny in a corny way.

They need a new film it was brilliant.

Which movie is it were burt gets eaten by the Graboid but is in a oil drum and survives?
                    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I absolutely loved the original movie. And the sequel wasn't bad at all. But after that, yeah, I totally lost interest.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                        on which day did the lord create giant man-eating worms?
                        Ron Underwood ain't god.

Comment

Ron Underwood ain't god.
                          No but I am and I can't remeber making them.
                          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Tremor's for me a timeless classic. It's one of those movies that I can watch without ever getting bored. While I was disappointed that what happened after the original was never as good, the franchise as a whole has been something i've always been happy to see continue.

sigpic

Comment

First one was great, after that they just got worse, but the first one was an 9/10, then the second 1/20 and it goes down from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X