PDA

View Full Version : New info 4 Season 5. Some of it is not on Gateworld SPOILERS

Teddybrown
June 13th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Firstly, sorry if this is a bit late or in the wrong place or if its wrong
Its my first thread and i may have got this a bit wrong
:lol:

The Seed
The clone of Dr. Carson Beckett is removed from stasis because he's the only one who can take action to figure a way out of a serious dilemma before it's too late for some of his close
friends.

Episode names
Remnants
The Infection = Apparently continuation from The Queen
Brainstorm?
Infection?
Identity?
Vegas
From Wikipedia... and Gateworld

:psycho: :apophis-rings: :mckayanime18: :ronananime16: :cameronanime13: :tealcanime44: :jack_new_anime25: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime23: :samanime15: :tealc39: :ronananime01: :sholva: :replicatoranime01: :thoranime09: :atlantistrio: :bratac13:

:bow: :hallowed:

Osiristi
June 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
The real and more reliable source for this new info is Malozzi's blog:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/may-8-2008-production-update/

Teddybrown
June 13th, 2008, 08:22 AM
The real and more reliable source for this new info is Malozzi's blog:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/may-8-2008-production-update/

Ok but just quotin what i found elsewhere
Malozzi not posted anything about The Seed yet

ShadowMaat
June 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Just as an FYI, I wouldn't go around quoting Wikipedia as a reliable source. It can, after all, be updated by any moron with a computer and there is zero fact-checking about stuff like this, whether it's from the Wiki gurus or even from the original posters, themselves. I've seen some pretty outlandish (and utterly WRONG) "spoilers" posted on Wiki before. If that's your only source for something, you're better off not saying anything until you can find a RELIABLE and ACCURATE confirmation from a person/site that actually has more than two brain cells to rub together and preferably one who has a connection to the show or some other way to verify details. There are sites other than Gateworld that have reliable spoilers, but Wiki sure as hell isn't one of them.

Teddybrown
June 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Just as an FYI, I wouldn't go around quoting Wikipedia as a reliable source. It can, after all, be updated by any moron with a computer and there is zero fact-checking about stuff like this, whether it's from the Wiki gurus or even from the original posters, themselves. I've seen some pretty outlandish (and utterly WRONG) "spoilers" posted on Wiki before. If that's your only source for something, you're better off not saying anything until you can find a RELIABLE and ACCURATE confirmation from a person/site that actually has more than two brain cells to rub together and preferably one who has a connection to the show or some other way to verify details. There are sites other than Gateworld that have reliable spoilers, but Wiki sure as hell isn't one of them.

Ok Thanks for the info

Osiristi
June 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Ok but just quotin what i found elsewhere
Malozzi not posted anything about The Seed yet

Oh yes, well... In Wikipedia you have these little reference marks [8], [10], etc. If you click them, you are given the real source of the information. The Seed information points to GateWorld (http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/502.shtml) page of The Seed. :)

Thanks for some new info anyway, wouldn't have noticed without you :)

Teddybrown
June 13th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Oh yes, well... In Wikipedia you have these little reference marks [8], [10], etc. If you click them, you are given the real source of the information. The Seed information points to GateWorld (http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/502.shtml) page of The Seed. :)

Thanks for some new info anyway, wouldn't have noticed without you :)

Your welcome
When i went on The Seed at Gateworld, there was no info on the episode so i just put down the stuff i found on Wikipedia but most people are right about Wiki, some of its stuff isnt right like some of the episode names i found especially for the one named The Infection. Wiki said it was called The Antidote so they wrong there
By the way, thanks for the info on da litte [8] things Never tried them

jelgate
June 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM
It was named The Antidote for a day and was changed to Infection. My rule on Wiki, use another source to back them up

jenks
June 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone else think the episode titles have been a bit poor this season?

Teddybrown
June 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM
It was named The Antidote for a day and was changed to Infection. My rule on Wiki, use another source to back them up
Wikipedia need to update themselves then
I normally use Gateworld as my main source but just randomely checked up on Atlantis in wikipidia
Can be useful sometimes though Wikipedia

I dunno I dont really care about the titles as long as whats in the episode is good

pilgrim soul
June 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM

Atlantis, and SG1, have never been shows that have great titles. I know that ultimately the title isn't too important but I'm big fan of using imaginative titles. DS9 & B5 both did it well at times and Farscape rocked when it came to episode titles.

TBA
June 14th, 2008, 03:02 AM
There were a couple of great ones though... 'Ex Deus Machina' for instance.

GoSpikey
June 14th, 2008, 06:09 AM
It was called 'Antidote' for one day on Joe's blog, and it was a tentative title, meaning that it was due to change really soon, as was shown the next day or so when they suddenly went with 'Infection'.

It's no real use for those titles to be taken over by Wiki yet, if people don't check back and change them yet.

And wow, if I had made a post similar to Shadow's, people would be calling me rude... :P

ShadowMaat
June 14th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Rude? Why? It's the truth. And it isn't as if I insulted the OP or anything, just the harebrained individuals responsible for spreading inaccuracies through fandom by posting rumors as facts (no matter how random) and by not keeping info up-to-date.

Teddybrown
June 14th, 2008, 09:05 AM
It was called 'Antidote' for one day on Joe's blog, and it was a tentative title, meaning that it was due to change really soon, as was shown the next day or so when they suddenly went with 'Infection'.

It's no real use for those titles to be taken over by Wiki yet, if people don't check back and change them yet.

And wow, if I had made a post similar to Shadow's, people would be calling me rude... :P

Rude? Why? It's the truth. And it isn't as if I insulted the OP or anything, just the harebrained individuals responsible for spreading inaccuracies through fandom by posting rumors as facts (no matter how random) and by not keeping info up-to-date.

ShadowMaat
June 14th, 2008, 09:45 AM
*frowns* OK, I can see the failure in logic there. LOL! Anyway, I have no issues with you, teddybrown, because you're just repeating info you thought was of interest to SG fans from a site you thought was reliable. The folks adding to Wiki, however, go beyond "hey, did you hear?" and present random bits, wild rumors and entirely made-up details as factual information. That's when it all starts to go wrong.

Anyway, this is probably digressing from the topic. The Vegas ep? Makes my skin crawl. Way to cutesy, IMO.

Teddybrown
June 14th, 2008, 09:58 AM
*frowns* OK, I can see the failure in logic there. LOL! Anyway, I have no issues with you, teddybrown, because you're just repeating info you thought was of interest to SG fans from a site you thought was reliable. The folks adding to Wiki, however, go beyond "hey, did you hear?" and present random bits, wild rumors and entirely made-up details as factual information. That's when it all starts to go wrong.

Anyway, this is probably digressing from the topic. The Vegas ep? Makes my skin crawl. Way to cutesy, IMO.

No issues taken Shadow
Ill still use Wikipedia in the future but maybe wont post much of whats on there onto here
I think most of the eps in Season 5 sound good and i think it may be a good season

prion
June 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM

Wikipedia is very unreliable for the reasons you quoted. I've seen some entries which just make me shake my head. However, not everybody knows that, but now, forewarned is forearmed, or whatever.