This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie industry to sue fans

If you have downloads on your site, beware...

EXCERPT
    "Taking a cue from recording companies, Hollywood movie studios are preparing to file copyright infringement lawsuits against computer users it says are illegally distributing movies online, a source familiar with the studios' plans said Wednesday.

The lawsuits will target movie fans who share digitized versions of films over peer-to-peer networks, with the first wave of litigation planned for as early as Thursday, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity"

full article at

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...y/10091526.htm

Interesting, I'm glad that I watch everything on DVD.
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
      Interesting, I'm glad that I watch everything on DVD.
      I think it's only a matter of time before TV studios say 'enough is enough' and start going after fan sites (like MGm went after SG1archive).

Hmm, I got a red dot for posting this news. Geez, must have stepped on someone's toes! (or someone who puts downloads on their site )

Comment

*looks at library of pirated films*

*ahem*

Comment

Oh no!
          They can't take away my STargate
          *eyes TV guide*
          I would DIEEEEEEEEE!!!!

And how would I make music videos!!
          It's not like I wont buy the DVD's cos i have dodgy downloads.....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            If you have downloads on your site, beware...

EXCERPT
            "Taking a cue from recording companies, Hollywood movie studios are preparing to file copyright infringement lawsuits against computer users it says are illegally distributing movies online, a source familiar with the studios' plans said Wednesday.

The lawsuits will target movie fans who share digitized versions of films over peer-to-peer networks, with the first wave of litigation planned for as early as Thursday, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity"

full article at

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...y/10091526.htm
            It's about time the movie industry put a stop to illegal downloads. This is awesome news!

Comment

Working...
            X