X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - Newsarama: Robert Picardo Interview

From Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/080609-p...-stargate.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

TV

Robert Picardo - the Newest Star-Gatekeeper

By Bryan Cairns

posted: 09 June 2008 09:53 am ET

Some individuals are natural born leaders while others should never, ever, be out in a position of responsibility over anyone else. Richard Woolsey is one of those men. A pain in the ass bureaucrat whose frequent assessments have scrutinized both Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis teams, Woolsey’s intelligence and quest for the truth are only matched by his lack of tact or people skills. Nonetheless, when Colonel Samantha Carter is suddenly reassigned in the upcoming fifth season of Stargate: Atlantis, someone has the brilliant idea of making Woolsey the new commander of the otherworldly expedition.

“Frankly, when they hired me for the job, I went ‘Oh God, that's interesting!’” recalls actor Robert Picardo on the Stargate: Atlantis set. “Of course I love working here. I love the company. I'm treated beautifully and I love coming to Vancouver. So all the outside things were like ‘Yes, yes, of course I want to do it!’ Then there was a little voice going ‘Wait a minute! You've set this guy up as kind of an annoyance, a bit of a prig. I come in and evaluate you so you all better watch out and be on your best behavior! I'm going to find out who screwed up!’ Now suddenly he's the guy in charge and he's a briefing room guy. He's a think tank personality. Woolsey is not a leader. He evaluates other leaders. He's got a terrific legal mind, he knows the military rule book, knows all the rules about protocol, eliminating collateral damage, and acceptable losses but he doesn't make decisions. Woolsey just comes in and tells you how you screwed up.”

**snipapge**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

very interesting, thanks for posting
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The observation of any fan forum by Briangate78....

Spoiler:

Ouch! They are judging me before even watching me in action! PUH-LEEZE give me a chance.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting.

I was impressed with the interview.

I think RP has some interesting insight into his character and realistic ideas of both the problems/obstacles of bringing Woolsey in as leader to Atlantis as well as the possibilties.

Comment

Working...
        X