Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you most/least looking forward to?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you most/least looking forward to?

So, now that the premiere is just over a month away, and we have pretty solid information on more than half the episodes, which are you most looking forward to, and which episodes are you least looking forward to? You can rate episodes from most anticipated to least if you wish, like I have done below.

I personally think it is a pretty good line up this year, it looks like an even better line up than last year with better ideas at the start of the back half following the two parter, it was a bit slow last year after SoW and didn't pick up again until Midway. Too many fillers, I thought they were good but there were too many at once. This year, for possibly the first time, it looks like they will have a stronger start to the back half with more story relevant episodes.

-Most Anticipated-
    The Lost Tribe
    Daedalus Variations
    The Queen
    Ghost In The Machine
    Prodigal
    The Shrine
    Whispers
    Search And Rescue
    Inquisition
    Outsiders
    Broken Ties
    Tracker
    -Least Anticipated-

I made that list yesterday, and actually found it very hard to do. And as I said last night, I'm actually quite looking forward to Tracker, more than I was looking forward to Tabula Rasa last year, and that turned out great, so I'd say the fact that an episode I'm quite looking forward to is my LEAST anticipated bodes very well.

(Sorry if this type of thread has been done for season 5, I searched but couldn't find anything)

Spoiler:
    asgard

that's all
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

I am looking forward to most of the season. Some really good eps, especially the 2 part mid-season eps with Daniel Jackson. I am also looking forward to seeing what they do with Michael and how they save Teyla and her child. I am also looking forward to the return of Carson Beckett and how they will write him back into the show.

I am not too crazy about this love triangle thingy. SG writers have not really written romance and shipping in the past, so I will be cautious with that. Still will not make a judgement until I actually watch it.

Oh and most of all, what g.o.d. said. I was overly thrilled to hear about that because they were my favorite aliens in SG-1!
      sigpic

Comment

-Most Anticipated-
        Search And Rescue
        First Contact
        The Lost Tribe
        Daedalus Variations
        The Shrine
        Whispers
        Prodigal
        Inquisition
        Outsiders
        Ghost In The Machine
        The Queen
        Broken Ties
        Tracker
        -Least Anticipated-

Comment

I'm also looking forward to the fillers/non-arc related episodes being on par or perhaps even better than the real eps for a change! I'd say it is possible with what we have heard so far.

Daedalus Variations and The Shrine seem to me to be the only episodes really like this in Season 5 so far, all the other episodes seem to have some sort of importance in terms of either character arcs or story arcs. They both sound great IMO, both very different but both great.

I'm discounting The Seed from all of this as we know suprisingly little about it and I think it would be hard to form a valid opinion from what we do know. That could likely be a filler/non arc episode too, but I guess you could say it ties in with the 'return of Carson' arc.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            I'm also looking forward to the fillers/non-arc related episodes being on par or perhaps even better than the real eps for a change! I'd say it is possible with what we have heard so far.

Daedalus Variations and The Shrine seem to me to be the only episodes really like this in Season 5 so far, all the other episodes seem to have some sort of importance in terms of either character arcs or story arcs. They both sound great IMO, both very different but both great.

I'm discounting The Seed from all of this as we know suprisingly little about it and I think it would be hard to form a valid opinion from what we do know. That could likely be a filler/non arc episode too, but I guess you could say it ties in with the 'return of Carson' arc.
            The Seed is going to surprise a lot of people, since hardly any spoilers were released.

I think DV and The Shrine are going to be some fan favorites. DV looks like a Farscape-esc type episode and The Shrine is going to show how good an actor DH can be it would seem.
            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm....

Most anticipated
              The Lost Tribe
              First Contact
              Daedalus Variations
              Inquisition
              The Queen
              Search and Rescue
              Ghost in the Machine
              Outsiders
              The Seed
              The Prodigal
              Broken Ties
              Whispers
              Tracker
              The Shrine
              Least anticipated
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I'm most looking forward to the queen and prodigal...I'm least looking forward to yet another "emotional" ep for Rodney the shrine

And i am most definately not looking forward to this supposed "love triangle".

I am reserving judgement on the all girly team till i see it though!
                sigpic

Comment

Teyla looking like a Wraith. Need I say more. Todd episodes are always good
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    this supposed "love triangle".
                    Sorry, what? I'm not all caught up with spoilers yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFox2020 View Post
                      Sorry, what? I'm not all caught up with spoilers yet.
                      Don't read if you don't wanna know
                      Spoiler:
                      There's supposed to be some sort of love triangle between Ronon,Keller and Rodney
                      sigpic

Comment

"The Queen" is the only one that sounds half-way entertaining to me, mainly because it deals with Teyla and Todd. Poor Teyla gets gyped by TPTB constantly and it will be good to see her get some quality air-time.

Least:

Anything with Keller. . .and the infamous love triangle. I was going to buy a barf bucket, but decided my TV remote would be more useful when these scenes appear.

Comment

I'm also not up to speed on specific episodes so generally:

Looking forward to:

Daniel in Atlantis
                          Seeing Carson again

Not looking forward to:

The shippy triangle
                          J/T (unless I can view it as friendship)
                          GitM

Reserving judgment on:

The all-girl team

I need to go read some spoilers...
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Don't read if you don't wanna know
                            Spoiler:
                            There's supposed to be some sort of love triangle between Ronon,Keller and Rodney
                            Which will more than likely be a few vague comments, a bit of tension between Ronon and McKay, and perhaps a kiss or two spaced out across the season, taking up all of about 5 to 10 minutes overall.

Comment

I'm very much looking forward to S&R, DV, Whispers, FC, TLT, Inquisition, Remnants and the 100th ep but honestly every single ep sounds great imo
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam's in two eps, Michael's back and he's still obsessed with Teyla's baby, Carson's in five eps, Woolsey should be a very different but interesting base administrator, Daniel and some Asgard willl show up in the mid-season two-parter. what else? oh yeah, Todd's back too and the team will encounter a new enemy...

is it july yet?
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X