True Blood - Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Blood - Spoilers and Speculation

True Blood is an American television series based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris and adapted for television by Alan Ball. The series is produced by HBO in association with Ball's own production company, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment.

The show details the fictional co-existence of vampires and humans in a small Louisiana town after Japanese-made synthetic blood becomes available for purchase. Anna Paquin stars as Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress at a diner who falls in love with one of the vampires, Bill Compton (portrayed by Stephen Moyer), integrated into her society.

The show will premiere on September 7, 2008

Episode List:

Spoiler:
    Season 1, Episode 1: Strange Love
    Original Air Date: 1 September 2008
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 2: The First Taste
    Original Air Date: September 2008
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 3: Mine
    Original Air Date: September 2008
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 4: Escape from Dragon House
    Original Air Date: October 2008
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 5: Sparks Fly Out
    Original Air Date: 2008
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 6: Cold Ground
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 7: TBA
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 8: TBA
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 9: TBA
    Original Air Date: ????
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 10: TBA
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 11: TBA
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Season 1, Episode 12: TBA

Ooo, thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for this one.

Comment

Finally an airdate!!!!!

As soon as I heard "Alan Ball" and "Vampires" in the same sentence I knew I had to watch this- I've been reading the books, they kinda suck, but the ideas behind them are great and I think it'll work well on screen.

And OOOH! Pictures!

Edit: I presume those are from the opening credits- are they up somewhere for viewing?
      Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 05 June 2008, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Found a review of the pilot over on Futon Critic.

There are spoilers if you haven't read the books. I'm still curious despite the reviewer's disappointment, but maybe because I've read the books and thus have an idea what to expect (and what not to expect) from the show.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Found a review of the pilot over on Futon Critic.

There are spoilers if you haven't read the books. I'm still curious despite the reviewer's disappointment, but maybe because I've read the books and thus have an idea what to expect (and what not to expect) from the show.
          Interesting- the reviewer kinda outlines me feelings about the books. The world created is fantastic and the concepts work, it's Sookie's tangled love life that keeps pushing to the forefront of the story and getting in the way that annoys me. I get that it's essential to the plot, but I hope the show doesn't ship her with as many guys as the books have, or the ones that I've read so far anyway. Can't she just be friends(or not) with at least one of the main undead/shapeshifter guys? No U(or not)ST?

Comment

Yeah, it kinda bugs me, too. Stuff like that always makes me wonder about the author and why they feel compelled to have every male who meets the heroine fall madly in love with her. It'd be nice if the show could expand upon the universe Harris created and actually show us some of the nuances we don't get in the books due to the obsession with Sookie's love life, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'll aim shallow and just hope they have yummy werewolves. And werecritters.

Comment

More Spoilers:http://deadwoodstage.proboards34.com...ead=269&page=1

Comment

Eeeeek! John Billingsly is in it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                  Thanks for the info
                  Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

A literal 3 second preview:http://youtube.com/watch?v=IYJQ8jwtCOo

Comment

Premiere Date:

Episode 1.01 - Strange Love - Airs: 7th Sept 2008
                      Episode 1.02 - The First Taste - Airs: 9th Sept 2008

Source: SpoilerTV

Comment

Managed to get my hands on an early version of the pilot.

I was very suprised at how good it was! I was expecting it to be bad. I haven't read the books, and the first thing i heard about it was when i recieved the early pilot!

Can't wait till this show comes out. It, Heroes and Dollhouse should be some of the good new episodes/tv shows comming out this year!

Aussie

Comment

Comment

Linking to illegal downloads is strictly forbidden by Gateworld.

Comment

But it's out there?

Must start poking around.....

Comment

Working...
                              X