This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumbledore vs Gandalf

Who wins in this epic struggle of two great wizards of our time?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Well, one's from well-written literature and the other is from children's fluff.

No contest.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

gandalf would pwn dumbledore

Comment

Gandalf, no question
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
          Gandalf, no question
          I totally agree. Dumbledore wouldn't have a chance.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree with everyone else. Gandalf would own
            Sphere…planet. Label…name.
            Following…still…you…not!

Comment

Coming in to agree with everyone else. Gandalf would win, hands down.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Well, one's from well-written literature and the other is from children's fluff.

No contest.
                Fluff? FLUFF! Do not blaspheme!

In a fight of Wizards? Gandalf.

But Dumbledore is the more interesting character, and BETTER WRITTEN as a character. Tolkien's characterization was pretty minimal by comparison.

Comment

Dumbledore without even breaking a sweat.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

No contest.
                  The Harry Potter books no more childish than Tolkien's, if anything they're less so. LOTR is a masterpiece of escapism, but character wise it's pretty shallow and his books never tackle anything even remotely adult.

Comment

Well, I don't know...

Gandalf can do some pretty incredible things to be sure, but Dumbledore can fling around all sorts of funky powers without breaking a sweat, he can; instantly teleport, fight off a horde of zombies and animate statues.

Gandalf's powers are more subtle; he strengthens moral, wards off darkness, makes pretty fireworks and he occasionally fights creatures of Morgoth, dying in the process.

So, who would I want helping me in an epic war against the forces of evil? Gandalf most assuredly, what an asset!

Who would win in a one on one fight?
                    Eh, my moneys on Dumbledore.

Of course magic operates with different rules in both universes so a straight up comparison like that is a little unfair, but...that fight would be epic!
                    "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                      Well, I don't know...

Gandalf can do some pretty incredible things to be sure, but Dumbledore can fling around all sorts of funky powers without breaking a sweat, he can; instantly teleport, fight off a horde of zombies and animate statues.

Gandalf's powers are more subtle; he strengthens moral, wards off darkness, makes pretty fireworks and he occasionally fights creatures of Morgoth, dying in the process.

So, who would I want helping me in an epic war against the forces of evil? Gandalf most assuredly, what an asset!

Who would win in a one on one fight?
                      Eh, my moneys on Dumbledore.

Of course magic operates with different rules in both universes so a straight up comparison like that is a little unfair, but...that fight would be epic!
                      Agreed. I'm much more a fan of Gandalf but if we throw caution to the wind and take too completely different fantasy universes and collide them together then Dumbledore would probably win in a one on one fight. However Gandalf is the better one at inspireing others. Gandalf can win over Kings and Elves and great armies with which to fight.......................Dumbledore can win over a few school kids with Hoodies.....................on a good day.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

they would never fight, they might book a hotel room together but not fight
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          they would never fight, they might book a hotel room together but not fight
                          Only Gandalf's actor is gay. And I refuse to believe that Dumbledore is gay!
                          Following…still…you…not!

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn21 View Post
                            Only Gandalf's actor is gay. And I refuse to believe that Dumbledore is gay!
                            Rowling said it. It must be true. She created the character afterall. And it all makes sense now...........................
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              Rowling said it. It must be true. She created the character afterall. And it all makes sense now...........................
                              She said that to get more publicity. I went back and read them all and it didn't make sense.
                              Following…still…you…not!

Comment

Working...
                              X