PDA

View Full Version : I've just thought...This is going to be the first Stargate Season without...

Serebii
June 3rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
...Walter.

Joe Mallozzi put in his blog that its unlikely that Walter's going to be in Season 5

He has been in every season of Stargate since the beginning...all 10 of SG1 and all 4 SGA up to now...

This is almost like having a season of Stargate without use or mention of the gate itself

This sucks :(

P-90_177
June 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
*sniff*

I think i may cry now. :(

Kris_x-303
June 3rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Noo! :(

Thats no fun..

Best parts involving Walter..

Prometheus Unbound : When General Hammond takes command of Prometheus and the last bit he says 'Oh and ill be taking Walter with me' :p

Or

End Game : The look on his face when the gate dissapears

Walter is god! :p

EnlightenedIan
June 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
But who will say "Cheveron 1 encoded...Cheveron 2 encoded...Cheveron 3 encoded... Cheveron 4 encoded...Cheveron 5 encoded...Cheveron 6 encoded...Cheveron 7... LOCKED!"
WALTER! (wilson!)

Killdeer
June 3rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
I think I'll manage to live. ;)

Sly12
June 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Wow...hmmm... didn't think about that, I think he has to be kept in the series one way or another... i'm sure he'll show up in a film or so and the very few times we see the earth gate communicating to atlantis...

Plus... best Walter moment... Standing in front of Baal waiting for O'neill... "I'm sure he'll be any second now... so errrmmmm?" - Reckoning Pt. 1

jelgate
June 3rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
I think I'll manage to live. ;)So will I, but if they take away Chuck...:mad:

GoSpikey
June 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Amelia Banks, Jelly? ;)

DesertFox2020
June 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
:lol: NOOOOOO!!!! NOT WALTER!!! You can't not have Walter! It's not right. Many people dislike some character for one reason or another. Find one person who doesn't like Walter.
Gateworld needs a Walter smilie!!!

Killdeer
June 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Find one person who doesn't like Walter.

Urrmm. *clears throat*

*raises hand*

GoSpikey
June 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Urrmm. *clears throat*

*raises hand*

:ronananime16: Killdeer :tealcanime23:

Next.

;)

GoSpikey
June 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 44 (6 members and 38 guests)

:S

jelgate
June 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
:ronananime16:?* Killdeer?* :tealcanime23:
Next.;)I'll save you Killdeer.

*gets out superglue.*

This could get messy.:S

Killdeer
June 3rd, 2008, 03:42 PM
I'll save you Killdeer.

*gets out superglue.*

This could get messy.:S

Oh dear. :S

:lol:

Mclean
June 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
I think Walter will be missed when you realise he isn't there any more!

GoSpikey
June 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
*Remembers American Pie - er - 2?*

:lol:

Bobby
June 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
the best walter moment is at the end of the 200th episode when he gets all dressed up to go through the gate...that was just what i thought he would do!

He should hell get moved to Atlantis!

Halzman
June 3rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
I think Walter will be missed when you realise he isn't there any more!

I love SG-1 and everything but.... honestly, I forgot who Walter was until reading this thread. lol but yea, when he was waiting with Ba'al, that was priceless.

or "and hot SG team could come through the gate any second"

And if Walter should stay on Atlantis, then I say F* Woolsey...

Hammond should be Commander of Atlantis, he deserves it.

Jumper_One
June 3rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
nooo, Walter's great! :D

GoSpikey
June 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
He probably also deserved his retirement... ;)

Jumper_One
June 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM

being Jack's personal assistant? :D

Halzman
June 3rd, 2008, 04:18 PM

what better spot to retire then Atlantis

Mitchell82
June 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
the best walter moment is at the end of the 200th episode when he gets all dressed up to go through the gate...that was just what i thought he would do!

He should hell get moved to Atlantis!
I love Walter especially the scene with Walter and Ronon in Millers Crossing. I will miss him though I'll live.

GateDragon
June 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
...Walter.

Joe Mallozzi put in his blog that its unlikely that Walter's going to be in Season 5

He has been in every season of Stargate since the beginning...all 10 of SG1 and all 4 SGA up to now...

This is almost like having a season of Stargate without use or mention of the gate itself

good riddance he was so annoying

prion
June 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
...Walter.

Well, this is SGA, not SG1. All things must come to an end.... SGA has got to stand on its own and not keep picking up SG1 characters left and right.

Kar'el
June 3rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Walter is part of the team, he will be missed if it's true that he's leaving. I think he should have some how ended up retiring on an offworld hamlet. I hope he makes a return someday.

Serebii
June 4th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Well, this is SGA, not SG1. All things must come to an end.... SGA has got to stand on its own and not keep picking up SG1 characters left and right.
Yes, but SGA still has frequent visits to the SGC (Some Promotional Screens show this still as true for Season 5) and as such he should be there as he is now also a recurring SGA Guest Star. He has appeared in 9 out of 80 episodes so far, thats 11% of the episodes...it is substantial

JohnRico
June 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM

No SG-1 = No SGA. SGA fans should be thankful Daniel found Atlantis (An SG-1 member) or there would be no Atlantis Expedition

All hail SG-1

;)

TBA
June 4th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Goodbye, Walter... Thou shalt be missed.

Krissie678
June 4th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I liked Walter, but can live without him.

Pic
June 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I don't dislike Walter, I'm just ambivalent. His character appearances are rather annoying though, but I've only seen a couple.

I see no reason to start a campaign to save his character. Maybe he's just moving on. Getting a life. You know. Things normal people do.

;)

Please, no campaigns. Please.

The TARDIS
June 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Please, no campaigns. Please.

Oh come on... if anyone deserved a campaign to save him, it's Walter. He gave us the very catch phrase of the series! "Chevron 7/ Chevron 8 is locked". Without Walter, there is no Gate!

SAVE WALTER! SAVE GARY JONES! *goes off to find flags*

Serebii
September 1st, 2008, 04:09 AM
Just bumping for good measure as Joe Mallozzi's Blog has confirmed that Walter will be in Season 5 of Atlantis

All 15 Seasons...all with Walter

Now we just have to make sure he's in Season 1 of Universe :p

Infinatus
September 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Just bumping for good measure as Joe Mallozzi's Blog has confirmed that Walter will be in Season 5 of Atlantis

All 15 Seasons...all with Walter

Now we just have to make sure he's in Season 1 of Universe :p

Maybe he could be the expedition's gate technician. :P

captain Qball
September 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM
Landry: Walter, you've been selected to accompany the newest expedition to travel on an ancient spaceship flying through the galaxy.

Walter: Great! What will I be doing?

Landry: Dialing gates.

Walter: ...um...ahhhh...I kinda already do that.

Landry: But it'll be in space!

Walter:....do they spin?

Mitchell82
September 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
nooo, Walter's great! :D

:indeed: I just love this scenehttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/mcrossing0457.jpg
Poor Ronon;)

BeccaBeez
September 1st, 2008, 06:27 PM
Landry: Walter, you've been selected to accompany the newest expedition to travel on an ancient spaceship flying through the galaxy.

Walter: Great! What will I be doing?

Landry: Dialing gates.

Walter: ...um...ahhhh...I kinda already do that.

Landry: But it'll be in space!

Walter:....do they spin?

LOL!

Walter is one of those characters that is essentially stargate - always there, always the same. Reassuring. I'm glad he gets an appearance in S5

rarocks24
September 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM
I heard that Gary Jones is supposed to be in Enemy at the Gate.

the fifth man
September 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I heard that Gary Jones is supposed to be in Enemy at the Gate.

And I am very pleased with that news. It will be nice to see him again.:)