What would you do if you ran the SGC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do if you ran the SGC?

What would you do? All silly and serious ideas welcome! Me, I would...

1) Re-decorate! I mean, my goodness, all that grey?!
    2) Have a party every time someone comes through the 'Gate, complete with balloons, confetti and cake!
    3) Have my office be a centre of Zen!
    4) Make Daniel my personal assistant...!

I have more ideas too!! What about you guys? What would you change or keep the same?
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

oooo wat to do, wat to do.......

a) order SG teams to claim planets in my name! Muhahahaha!
    b) promote Siler
    c) try to work out why the ka-whoosh doesn't incinerate the iris, I would get Sam to explain it... lol
    Meh.

Comment

Oh,

1) Get O'Neill reassed to the SGC...permenantly!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        oooo wat to do, wat to do.......

a) order SG teams to claim planets in my name! Muhahahaha!
        b) promote Siler
        c) try to work out why the ka-whoosh doesn't incinerate the iris, I would get Sam to explain it... lol
        Yeah, why does Siler never get promoted? I think he's the only one that doesn't - even Walter gets promoted at one point I'm pretty sure.

I started this thread because of a conversation my sister and I had about this... I had lots of ideas (mostly silly) but now I've forgotten them all!

Comment

Lol yeah i watched an interview with the actor that plays Walter (i've forgotten his name now, Gary something i think), and he was saying that they would give him a promotion like every year! I don't know if Siler has gotten any over the ten years... maybe one or two..

I just thought of another thing that I would do as leader of the SGC... not make those typical 'human' decisions which put the planet at risk almost every week... although then there would be no drama i suppose...
          Meh.

Comment

Yeah I would have a very drama-less SGC! We would only go to planets with nice beaches and hot weather. Also, I would introduce GateBall - this really cool game I thought up when bored one day! I have written out all the rules and stuff if anyone is interested...

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
              I would introduce GateBall
              Do tell...!
              Meh.

Comment

Hmmm... do we have time? Here, I'll cop and paste from the word doc.

Gateball / Puddle shooting!

Aim: To get all of the balls around the area and back to their home planets. If the game is being played between two galaxies, the winning team is the one that scores into the other Home Base (eg: Atlantis) first.

Directions:
                •On each planet there are two teams – defence and attack.
                •The attacking team’s aim is to get their ball through the gate to the next station.
                •The defending team’s aim is to prevent the ball from getting to its destination – in any way possible!
                •First of all, each of the Gates in the chosen area (can be anything from three Gates to the entire galactic system!) are activated to their game partners.
                •All of the games are started at the same time.
                •A team member is elected to go with their station’s ball all through the planets.
                •Once the ball has been successfully transported to its next station, the team plays the game for the next ball that comes through their gate.
                •Once all of the balls have completed their circuits (warning: this could take up to a week!), the Home Base for each galaxy dials the other Home Base and sends their ball through.
                •The galaxy that completes the game first and successfully sends their Home Base ball to the other Home Base wins!

Rules:
                •To prevent wormhole collisions, a time limit must be set for each station to transport their ball to the next station. If the time limit is not met… well that’s their fault!
                •For every team there are two sectors – a gameteam and a techteam.
                •Part of the game includes dialling the next station – the defence technicians must try and prevent this but WITHOUT DAMAGING THE DHD!!!
                •The game area set can be anything from 3 planets to 2 galaxies.
                •There can be as many teams as needed for each station, rotated every 3 hours.
                •No killing or maiming.
                •No sending the balls to classified regions such as known Goa’uld planets.
                •You must have the permission of the Base’s leader before playing.
                •If the game exceeds 7 days then the Base team that has completed the most of its circuit wins.
                •Any team can drop out of the game at any time if their planet is attacked.
                •McKay is not allowed to play if he gets too tyrannical!

Well, I'd like to play it!

Comment

LOL i think i get it but i may not! good game!
                  Meh.

Comment

Thanks I probably didn't explain it very well - basically you play any kind of ballgame at each planet that's taking part, and when you get the ball to the 'Gate you dial up the next planet and send it through. They will then start their game, and so on until the original ball gets back to the beginning. The fun thing is there is a game going on at every planet all the time, and you have no idea what kind of ball is going to come through next - whatever kind of ball it is, that's the game you play.

EDIT; It's a little different when there are two galaxies playing - when the ball gets back then you have to send it to the next galaxies Home Base. When there's only one galaxy involved it's not a competitive game.

How would you re-decorate the SGC then?

Comment

Well firstly I actually don't mind the grey, very military, when I think of redecorating the SGC i'm thinking more along the lines the kind of hardware they have in there.

For example I think the gateroom is woefully inadequate in terms of fortification, as well as the surrounding hallways and the control room.

In all these places I would place automated/remote controlled railguns or machine guns(probs more appropriate) along the walls and the roof.

Let me think for a bit about the rest and I'll get back to you lol!
                      Meh.

Comment

Ah, see I don't like the military *hides from any ex-military people*.

I'm thinking along a dark red chinese theme? Lots of incense and chinese lanterns! And the gateroom would have to be MUCH nicer!

Comment

lol well we both agree that the gateroom has to be redecorated! That's a start!

A chinese theme would be interesting! would definitely go well for international relations lol, especially with the IOA.
                          Meh.

Comment

Hmph... I would replace the IOA with all of my GW friends! They're international enough! And they would be insane... ahem I mean lots of fuN!

Comment

Working...
                            X