X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping talks Earthsea

Just found this article on the Sci-Fi Wire:

Tapping Turns Up In Earthsea

Stargate SG-1 star Amanda Tapping told SCI FI Wire that Lady Elfarran, whom she plays in the upcoming SCI FI Channel original miniseries Earthsea, is a God-like character. "[Lady Elfarran] was the keeper of the keys to this secret dungeon where all the bad spirits were kept," Tapping said in an interview. "She was like the Mother Superior for this island, but she's also very much like God, and everybody worships her."

Based on Ursula K. Le Guin's award-winning series of fantasy novels, Earthsea stars Shawn Ashmore, Kristin Kreuk, Danny Glover and Isabella Rossellini in a story about a reckless youth, Ged (Ashmore), who discovers that he has magical powers, but who accidentally unleashes a dark power that threatens the world. Tapping makes her cameo as Lady Elfarran early on in the miniseries.

"When she passes away, the keys pass [into other hands], and all hell breaks loose," Tapping said. "You only see me when I'm conjured up, as a vision, by Ged. I think Earthsea is going to be great. It's so epic. It's huge. The footage I saw was stunning. The sets were huge. The costumes were gorgeous. I was just glad to be asked to be involved, but it's a tiny, tiny little part. If you blink, you might miss me." The four-hour Earthsea miniseries premieres Dec. 13 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Can't wait more than ever now!
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy
Working...
X