This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midway Station #2?

I wonder if the writers will have the midway station re-built, only this time with an Iris for both gates to prevent any hacking into the system...

Probably not, since the reason why the writers destroyed it in the first place was because it made it the team too easy to return to earth. They want to have that 'stranded' feeling again like in season 2, where the only option to go to earth was a two week trip on the Daedalus.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I think they will rebuild it. They need to be able to get back and forth to earth more quickly than the Daedalus can bus them.
      The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
      The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
      The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
      You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
      You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

Midway is gone for a long time.

Comment

I can just imagine the thoughts that went through Caldwell's head when he heard about Midway. The presence of that station took him off of shuttle-bus duty, and with it gone he's going to be captaining the Pegasus-MW ferry yet again.

I'm sure that's EXACTLY what he was hoping for when they told him he'd be commanding one of Earth's battlecruisers.
          "For truth hath better deeds than words to grace it..."

Comment

The ancient weapon on the antarctica has a zpm too so with the ori out of the way they can use is to power the sgc gate
            - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
            - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
            - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
            - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

They'd likely keep it there just in case, instead of using it when it's not really needed.

Caldwell seems pretty pissed in Search and Rescue with him being the intergalactic bus-driver again. That part was originally planned to be in the end of season 4, but is now moved to early season 5.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I hope we see a new midway
                sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

Im sure they will rebuild it eventually but not for a little while.

Comment

I think that Atlantis will need to be in real trouble for them to rebuild the station. The threat of the wraith is much greater than the possible benefits of having the Midway Station in place.

Wouldn't need the space bridge entirely if they could figure out a power supply with endless potential, or perhaps figure out how to construct zpm's.

Comment

I think it's been said that the IOA is a bit reluctant about rebuilding it, since it appeared to have been a very effective way for the Wraith to reach Earth, and of course the money invested in that thing that's just gone, now. They're better off with putting it in a new ship, instead.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Bbuuuu.... pity they're not rebuilding the midway station...
                        the chapter when was destroyed was awesome though..... hehehehhee....

sigpic
                        ----------------------------
                        Stars are not the limit.....
                        The galaxies are not the limit....
                        Your imagination have the last word...

----------------------------

Raziel...

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          I think it's been said that the IOA is a bit reluctant about rebuilding it, since it appeared to have been a very effective way for the Wraith to reach Earth, and of course the money invested in that thing that's just gone, now. They're better off with putting it in a new ship, instead.
                          Yeah I seriously doubt they will risk rebuilding it.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i would have the Wraith rebuild it...

they know about it... all the MW and PG gates are still in the void btwn galaxies

they have the hack codes, so they can probably figure out the buffer relay program (if they haven't already)

that's what they should do... have the Wraith establish a "Midway Colony"... and slowly and covertly start invading the Milky Way...
                            all with the goal of invading Earth...

this would set the stage nicely for the last season: the Wraith have all disappeared... ships are abandoned... hives empty... etc etc etc...
                            then, in the MW, SGC gets word that the entire Wraith civilization has somehow appeared in the MW... and they are, due to their sheer numbers, overrunning the MW.....

this all sets the stage for Earth to finally come under attack, and for Atlantis to return to Antarctica...
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                              i would have the Wraith rebuild it...

they know about it... all the MW and PG gates are still in the void btwn galaxies

they have the hack codes, so they can probably figure out the buffer relay program (if they haven't already)

that's what they should do... have the Wraith establish a "Midway Colony"... and slowly and covertly start invading the Milky Way...
                              all with the goal of invading Earth...

this would set the stage nicely for the last season: the Wraith have all disappeared... ships are abandoned... hives empty... etc etc etc...
                              then, in the MW, SGC gets word that the entire Wraith civilization has somehow appeared in the MW... and they are, due to their sheer numbers, overrunning the MW.....

this all sets the stage for Earth to finally come under attack, and for Atlantis to return to Antarctica...
                              Elaborate! I would give you green for that but i have dealt too much out in the last 24 hours! It would be awesome to see Atlantis return to Earth, although this would probably ,mean the revealing of the Stargate Program! I dont know tho, Teyla would probably kick up a fuss, saying that Atlanits is sacred to the PG human civilizations...
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X