This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 Jack Sparrow vs Barbossa

I have recently read the possibility of a 4th Pirates movie and the next story focuses on Jack and Barbossa and there fight over the The Black Pearl and the search for fountain of youth or something i cant realy remember that part

1. What drew you to Pirates and what would you like to see happen in the next movie ?
    2.Who would you like to see return from the previous movies?

sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

So....its basically a repeat of the first movie, is it?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i say meh

I found #2 to be 'cheap filler' to build up to what was supposed to be a fantastic #3, but i found #3 too cluttered, too clumsy and all over a mess

#1 was magical and you could see the enthusiasm in the actors. but in #2 and 3, they all seemed to be there, saying their lines and doing what they have to to cash in

If there's to be a #4, we need the enthusiasm back. less of a focus on SFX and less OTT and simply have a fun adventure
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If they do a 4th I'd prefer not to see Elizabeth and Will in it again. Not just because of continuity but it just felt like their story had concluded at the end of three. No need to visit them again.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i say meh

I found #2 to be 'cheap filler' to build up to what was supposed to be a fantastic #3, but i found #3 too cluttered, too clumsy and all over a mess

#1 was magical and you could see the enthusiasm in the actors. but in #2 and 3, they all seemed to be there, saying their lines and doing what they have to to cash in

If there's to be a #4, we need the enthusiasm back. less of a focus on SFX and less OTT and simply have a fun adventure
          Okay, gonna have to disagree with you there.

2 - I loved it. To me it felt like 2 and 3 were just one movie split in two, but I did feel that 3 was a little clustered as it took me a while to work everything out. I think that they should have shared the story parts equally for 2 and 3 instead of having 2 serve completely as an introduction to a new story and 3 serving as a middle and end to it.

I loved 2 for the reason that everything in it seem to really work well. The characters were written as being more developed than they were in 1, showing that time had passed since the last adventure, whilst introducing new characters without breaking the character stories set in 1.

3 felt like 2 had left too much out, that more should have been explained in it (like the obvious Calypso and Pirate Lord arcs featured in 3) and it should have been explained in a clearer manner, like 1 and 2. I do respect the writers for trying something new in each one, but it didn't really show too much in 3 - although they did let Elizabeth develop as a character much more (especially during the Pirate meetings and confrontations). Will Turner does not change through out the entire trilogy, which raises a problem for me. I know what cardboard characters are, hell I've seen Stargate Atlantis and Star Trek Voyager which show perfect examples of this (Teyla, Ronon, Janeway, Chakotay....practically everyone in Voyager actually, excluding the holographic doctor), so this raises a problem for me.

Another problem is that the stories of 2 and 3 don't pick up on Davy Jones's views on the cursed Black Pearl crew seen in 1, and why Barbossa never mentioned the Flying Dutchman at any point during the first movie. If his crew were invincable then surely they could take on Davy Jones and his crew of fish-humans...

But overall, I think the trilogy is served quite well to the audience, although the fact that you have to think about At World's End still afterwards to try and figure it all out could be considered either an advantage or disadvantage, just so long as its what the creators intended for the audience in the end.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I would watch a fourth if
            a) it had a straight-forward followable plot rather than a conglomeration of set pieces/events.
            b) Elizabeth and Will and their kid weren't in it.
            c) they stopped making Jack stupid in order to be funny, and put some thought into original (actually funny) gags. Even Johnny Depp couldn't save the worst of the jokes that we got in movies two and three.
            d) Elizabeth and Will and their kid weren't in it.

Pirates needs to simplify itself down to the level of the first film. If it managed to do that and didn't feel like a re-hash, I'd be all for it. Alas I don't have high hopes.....

The first thing they need to do is cut down the budget. (as if that'll happen )

Comment

IMHO, it needs to be a standalone romp. good guys/bad guys, goal and reward

don't depend on sfx to sell it, just tell an adventure that people can lose themselves in for an hour and a half
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'll watch it if:

1. They show Jack as something other than stupid, unlike the third film.
                2. They leave out Elizabeth. I can stand Will, but if both appear on screne at the same time, the plot starts to jump the shark.
                3. They compose an actual plot, not a bunch or hidden paths until the ending; it's a pirate movie not the Davinci Code.
                4. They stop assuming that CGI can distract from a lously plot.

I enjoyed Pirates 1, even with Will and Elizabeth. I kinda liked Pirates 2, and I didn't care for Pirates 3, and it was so bad that it affected my view of the series.

I want Hollywood to stop running franchises into the ground. Every film is not a franchise, and sometimes, even galatic film-profit-machines need to stop.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I enjoyed each Pirates movie for their own reasons. I would definitely give a 4th installment a shot.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    I would watch a fourth if
                    a) it had a straight-forward followable plot rather than a conglomeration of set pieces/events.
                    b) Elizabeth and Will and their kid weren't in it.
                    c) they stopped making Jack stupid in order to be funny, and put some thought into original (actually funny) gags. Even Johnny Depp couldn't save the worst of the jokes that we got in movies two and three.
                    d) Elizabeth and Will and their kid weren't in it.

Pirates needs to simplify itself down to the level of the first film. If it managed to do that and didn't feel like a re-hash, I'd be all for it. Alas I don't have high hopes.....

The first thing they need to do is cut down the budget. (as if that'll happen )
                    I agree wholoe heartidly about Will and Elizibeth... I could stand them in the first movie but in the second and thirst movies I would not have minded one bit if they got eaten by the kraken(which I was pissed when we saw it dead in P3)

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                      I want Hollywood to stop running franchises into the ground. Every film is not a franchise, and sometimes, even galatic film-profit-machines need to stop.
                      But.....but.....it's shiny shiny gold! They must hoard it! Get all they can!

Is anyone else seeing the irony here?

Comment

Every one is posting they're 'I'll watch it if' manifesto. Here's mine. I'll watch it if:

a: they make it
                        b:they make it
                        Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Working...
                        X