This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 ships in Atlantis - Daedalus, Apollo, and Phoenix

Anyone stop to wonder how will this effect the show. For instance, because Mitch Pileggi (Cawdwell) is back, how will that affect Michael Beach (Ellis) character.

It won't be frequent that Michael Beach will show up on the show, just because Pileggi's character is already well established and has a nice fan base (I really like Pileggi's character over Beach's character).

But with Phoenix coming up, how will that affect anything.

Cheers
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
    But with Phoenix coming up, how will that affect anything.

Cheers
    how do you know?
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      how do you know?
      In the AU the Phoenix was done a couple months after Sheppard disappeared. So it should still be being built on earth. There are really no real threats in the Milky Way galaxy anymore so they will most likely send it to Pegasus to help with the Wraith.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
        In the AU the Phoenix was done a couple months after Sheppard disappeared.
        does someone mention this in TLM?

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
        So it should still be being built on earth. There are really no real threats in the Milky Way galaxy anymore so they will most likely send it to Pegasus to help with the Wraith.
        that's pure speculation
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          that's pure speculation
          Indeed, besides that you theory don't pan IMO. I mean, no major threats in the Milky Way Galaxy as you put it. So why rush the Phoenix ? If Atlantis needs an extra ship, just send the Odyssey (which is fully operational) and the complete the Phoenix (at a normal pace) to cover the MW galaxy.
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

If Odyssey is the one with all the Asgard updates, and they haven't found a way to adapt all the other ships yet, then it would be safer to have it on the ground/around Earth, and not take it to the PG. I don't think the Oddy is going to the PG, anyway.

And they should indeed be building The Phoenix.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I"d like to see them actually designate a ship to Atlantis. I'm not sure they ever said the Apollo was Atlantis's ship (or what it's primary purpose is for that matter), and the Daedalus is a transport ship between MW and PG.

Unless I missed something, Atlantis is yet to get a permanent ship for their use. The Apollo and Daedalus seem to be ships that just help Atlantis when they need it, rather than being a ship stationed at Atlantis and at their disposal as needed.

If the series runs long enough, hopefully they'll get their own ship. So far, I haven't heard or seen anything in Season 5 info that would indicate they introduce a new ship, though.

Comment

I think either Phoenix (when its finished) or the Apollo will be permanently stationed in the MW. While the Goa'uld system lords and Ori are gone, the Jaffa and Lucian alliance still have significant fleets. One ship is hardly enough to offset this. Even one asgard-upgraded ship can't take on entire fleets of Goa'uld Ha'taks or Alkesh. We've seen Oddy being ambushed and taken over by alien threats a few times, so two ships would be much safer and smarter for Earth.

With Deadalus being a transport, I can however see one of these two ships being assigned to Atlantis. This way the Deadalus won't have to go on Pegasus missions when they are just there to transport personell and equipement that can't otherwise be sent trough the gate.

Comment

"Phoenix is built on Earth as a spectulation"

I agree with this thought as well. When Carter says to McKay to go back to Atlantis and make the shields as efficient as possible, I have a hard time thinking that both Mckay and Carter is in the Milky Way. For some reason after that scene cuts out to the Phoenix in Battle, I think that the ship was built in Pegasus.

PS: Unless the Phoenix has better hyperdrives than the regular 304s.

"One of the Battlecruisers will be permanently stationed on Atlantis"

That would make for an interesting show. It reminds me of the Defiant on Star Trek DS9. You have Atlantis already shaping to be much different than SG1 (less usage of the gate, but gate still is the foundation of the show). Why not add a ship based component to the show too. It has been going on for several years now (since 6x10 of SG1).

It would be nice to have episodes such as arriving to a planet, the stargate is no longer accessible, and then the new ship picks them up.

OR even arriving by PJ and then getting picked up by the new ship!
                  Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

I agree with this thought as well. When Carter says to McKay to go back to Atlantis and make the shields as efficient as possible, I have a hard time thinking that both Mckay and Carter is in the Milky Way. For some reason after that scene cuts out to the Phoenix in Battle, I think that the ship was built in Pegasus.

PS: Unless the Phoenix has better hyperdrives than the regular 304s.

"One of the Battlecruisers will be permanently stationed on Atlantis"

That would make for an interesting show. It reminds me of the Defiant on Star Trek DS9. You have Atlantis already shaping to be much different than SG1 (less usage of the gate, but gate still is the foundation of the show). Why not add a ship based component to the show too. It has been going on for several years now (since 6x10 of SG1).

It would be nice to have episodes such as arriving to a planet, the stargate is no longer accessible, and then the new ship picks them up.

OR even arriving by PJ and then getting picked up by the new ship!
                    Maybe I missed something, but the Phoenix was started in the MW, completed to the point it could fly to Atlantis, and then they finished installing the rest of the systems. I would imagine in the new time line that it will be completed on Earth since there won't be as much clamoring for anther ship from the Atlantis Expedition.

Comment

There is only one ship available in/to assist Atlantis in any given time (and i do hope they keep it this way), the only exception, BAMSR, because they were both needed.
                      Earth does not have a fleet, she has 3, maybe 4 ships, and they are all needed in Milkyway. To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that they would even devote the kind of resources they have, to help out the humans' of another galaxy (now lets be honest, every other group/tribe besides that of Teyla's are a bunch of low life, double crossing, scumbags).

They should just move Atlantis back to MW, or atleast curb their campaign against the Wraith and others, otherwise, it just seems' like they are asking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                        There is only one ship available in/to assist Atlantis in any given time (and i do hope they keep it this way), the only exception, BAMSR, because they were both needed.
                        Earth does not have a fleet, she has 3, maybe 4 ships, and they are all needed in Milkyway. To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that they would even devote the kind of resources they have, to help out the humans' of another galaxy (now lets be honest, every other group/tribe besides that of Teyla's are a bunch of low life, double crossing, scumbags).

They should just move Atlantis back to MW, or atleast curb their campaign against the Wraith and others, otherwise, it just seems' like they are asking for trouble.
                        I don't even know where to start with that statement...

Comment

But it's true, ain't it...
                          We have yet to see a race or group of people in the PG Galaxy that we can call allies.
                          In MW, Earth is allied with the Tokra, Jaffa (although, relations may have been strained), Hebridan, Martin Loyds group..., all these aliens/races are/were good guy's, and you don't see this in the PG galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                            But it's true, ain't it...
                            We have yet to see a race or group of people in the PG Galaxy that we can call allies.
                            In MW, Earth is allied with the Tokra, Jaffa (although, relations may have been strained), Hebridan, Martin Loyds group..., all these aliens/races are/were good guy's, and you don't see this in the PG galaxy.
                            That's because the Wraith have spent the last several million years virtually wiping out any group of humans that threatened to evolve to a technological level where they could be a threat.

The only reason the Travellers are as advanced as they are is because they kept moving. It's been stated that no planet based civilisation can evolve in Pegasus because of the Wraith (bar that one that made a deal with the Wraith to give them all their prisoners to eat as long as they left the population alone).

Phoenix was brought over to Atlantis as soon as it was spaceworthy and was completed at Atlantis because they needed a ship quickly in order to fight Michael.

Now, assuming that Michael does not grow as powerful, there will not be that urgent need so they will leave the Phoenix on Earth until it is completed in a timely manner rather than being rushed, so imho, we can expect the ship to be completed at least 2 months after it was finished in TLM, probably more.

Even then, PTB might decide that the Apollo and Daedalus are enough for Atlantis and keep the Phoenix as a MW ship.

Comment

How ON EARTH would they be able to do that? As far as we know Atl doesn't have any construction facilities for space craft, and I doubt they would ferry supplies to Atl to first build a facility and then a ship. They're probably still being built in the same facility that they first used to built the Prometheus.

Comment

Working...
                              X