PDA

View Full Version : 3 ships in Atlantis - Daedalus, Apollo, and Phoenix

McSwift
May 5th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Anyone stop to wonder how will this effect the show. For instance, because Mitch Pileggi (Cawdwell) is back, how will that affect Michael Beach (Ellis) character.

It won't be frequent that Michael Beach will show up on the show, just because Pileggi's character is already well established and has a nice fan base (I really like Pileggi's character over Beach's character).

But with Phoenix coming up, how will that affect anything.

Cheers

Jumper_One
May 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM
But with Phoenix coming up, how will that affect anything.

Cheers

how do you know?

padr49904
May 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
how do you know?

In the AU the Phoenix was done a couple months after Sheppard disappeared. So it should still be being built on earth. There are really no real threats in the Milky Way galaxy anymore so they will most likely send it to Pegasus to help with the Wraith.

Jumper_One
May 5th, 2008, 08:37 PM
In the AU the Phoenix was done a couple months after Sheppard disappeared.

does someone mention this in TLM?

So it should still be being built on earth. There are really no real threats in the Milky Way galaxy anymore so they will most likely send it to Pegasus to help with the Wraith.

that's pure speculation

Janus
May 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM
that's pure speculation

Indeed, besides that you theory don't pan IMO. I mean, no major threats in the Milky Way Galaxy as you put it. So why rush the Phoenix ? If Atlantis needs an extra ship, just send the Odyssey (which is fully operational) and the complete the Phoenix (at a normal pace) to cover the MW galaxy.

GoSpikey
May 6th, 2008, 08:17 AM
If Odyssey is the one with all the Asgard updates, and they haven't found a way to adapt all the other ships yet, then it would be safer to have it on the ground/around Earth, and not take it to the PG. I don't think the Oddy is going to the PG, anyway.

And they should indeed be building The Phoenix.

jrd231
May 6th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I"d like to see them actually designate a ship to Atlantis. I'm not sure they ever said the Apollo was Atlantis's ship (or what it's primary purpose is for that matter), and the Daedalus is a transport ship between MW and PG.

Unless I missed something, Atlantis is yet to get a permanent ship for their use. The Apollo and Daedalus seem to be ships that just help Atlantis when they need it, rather than being a ship stationed at Atlantis and at their disposal as needed.

If the series runs long enough, hopefully they'll get their own ship. So far, I haven't heard or seen anything in Season 5 info that would indicate they introduce a new ship, though.

Freek
May 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I think either Phoenix (when its finished) or the Apollo will be permanently stationed in the MW. While the Goa'uld system lords and Ori are gone, the Jaffa and Lucian alliance still have significant fleets. One ship is hardly enough to offset this. Even one asgard-upgraded ship can't take on entire fleets of Goa'uld Ha'taks or Alkesh. We've seen Oddy being ambushed and taken over by alien threats a few times, so two ships would be much safer and smarter for Earth.

With Deadalus being a transport, I can however see one of these two ships being assigned to Atlantis. This way the Deadalus won't have to go on Pegasus missions when they are just there to transport personell and equipement that can't otherwise be sent trough the gate.

McSwift
May 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM
"Phoenix is built on Earth as a spectulation"

I agree with this thought as well. When Carter says to McKay to go back to Atlantis and make the shields as efficient as possible, I have a hard time thinking that both Mckay and Carter is in the Milky Way. For some reason after that scene cuts out to the Phoenix in Battle, I think that the ship was built in Pegasus.

PS: Unless the Phoenix has better hyperdrives than the regular 304s.

"One of the Battlecruisers will be permanently stationed on Atlantis"

That would make for an interesting show. It reminds me of the Defiant on Star Trek DS9. You have Atlantis already shaping to be much different than SG1 (less usage of the gate, but gate still is the foundation of the show). Why not add a ship based component to the show too. It has been going on for several years now (since 6x10 of SG1).

It would be nice to have episodes such as arriving to a planet, the stargate is no longer accessible, and then the new ship picks them up.

OR even arriving by PJ and then getting picked up by the new ship!

Myles
May 6th, 2008, 09:07 PM

I agree with this thought as well. When Carter says to McKay to go back to Atlantis and make the shields as efficient as possible, I have a hard time thinking that both Mckay and Carter is in the Milky Way. For some reason after that scene cuts out to the Phoenix in Battle, I think that the ship was built in Pegasus.

PS: Unless the Phoenix has better hyperdrives than the regular 304s.

"One of the Battlecruisers will be permanently stationed on Atlantis"

That would make for an interesting show. It reminds me of the Defiant on Star Trek DS9. You have Atlantis already shaping to be much different than SG1 (less usage of the gate, but gate still is the foundation of the show). Why not add a ship based component to the show too. It has been going on for several years now (since 6x10 of SG1).

It would be nice to have episodes such as arriving to a planet, the stargate is no longer accessible, and then the new ship picks them up.

OR even arriving by PJ and then getting picked up by the new ship!

Maybe I missed something, but the Phoenix was started in the MW, completed to the point it could fly to Atlantis, and then they finished installing the rest of the systems. I would imagine in the new time line that it will be completed on Earth since there won't be as much clamoring for anther ship from the Atlantis Expedition.

pbutter
May 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
There is only one ship available in/to assist Atlantis in any given time (and i do hope they keep it this way), the only exception, BAMSR, because they were both needed.
Earth does not have a fleet, she has 3, maybe 4 ships, and they are all needed in Milkyway. To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that they would even devote the kind of resources they have, to help out the humans' of another galaxy (now lets be honest, every other group/tribe besides that of Teyla's are a bunch of low life, double crossing, scumbags).

They should just move Atlantis back to MW, or atleast curb their campaign against the Wraith and others, otherwise, it just seems' like they are asking for trouble.

jenks
May 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
There is only one ship available in/to assist Atlantis in any given time (and i do hope they keep it this way), the only exception, BAMSR, because they were both needed.
Earth does not have a fleet, she has 3, maybe 4 ships, and they are all needed in Milkyway. To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that they would even devote the kind of resources they have, to help out the humans' of another galaxy (now lets be honest, every other group/tribe besides that of Teyla's are a bunch of low life, double crossing, scumbags).

They should just move Atlantis back to MW, or atleast curb their campaign against the Wraith and others, otherwise, it just seems' like they are asking for trouble.

I don't even know where to start with that statement... :rolleyes:

pbutter
May 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM
But it's true, ain't it...
We have yet to see a race or group of people in the PG Galaxy that we can call allies.
In MW, Earth is allied with the Tokra, Jaffa (although, relations may have been strained), Hebridan, Martin Loyds group..., all these aliens/races are/were good guy's, and you don't see this in the PG galaxy.

talyn2k1
May 7th, 2008, 05:04 AM
But it's true, ain't it...
We have yet to see a race or group of people in the PG Galaxy that we can call allies.
In MW, Earth is allied with the Tokra, Jaffa (although, relations may have been strained), Hebridan, Martin Loyds group..., all these aliens/races are/were good guy's, and you don't see this in the PG galaxy.

That's because the Wraith have spent the last several million years virtually wiping out any group of humans that threatened to evolve to a technological level where they could be a threat.

The only reason the Travellers are as advanced as they are is because they kept moving. It's been stated that no planet based civilisation can evolve in Pegasus because of the Wraith (bar that one that made a deal with the Wraith to give them all their prisoners to eat as long as they left the population alone).

Phoenix was brought over to Atlantis as soon as it was spaceworthy and was completed at Atlantis because they needed a ship quickly in order to fight Michael.

Now, assuming that Michael does not grow as powerful, there will not be that urgent need so they will leave the Phoenix on Earth until it is completed in a timely manner rather than being rushed, so imho, we can expect the ship to be completed at least 2 months after it was finished in TLM, probably more.

Even then, PTB might decide that the Apollo and Daedalus are enough for Atlantis and keep the Phoenix as a MW ship.

Freek
May 7th, 2008, 07:02 AM

How ON EARTH would they be able to do that? As far as we know Atl doesn't have any construction facilities for space craft, and I doubt they would ferry supplies to Atl to first build a facility and then a ship. They're probably still being built in the same facility that they first used to built the Prometheus.

pbutter
May 7th, 2008, 07:07 AM
That's because the Wraith have spent the last several million years virtually wiping out any group of humans that threatened to evolve to a technological level where they could be a threat.

So have the Goauld, in MW.

PG15
May 7th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Except for those protected by the Asgard, of course.

ussrelativity
May 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM

The Wraith have been beating up the Pegasus Galaxy for 10,000 years, not several million.

talyn2k1
May 7th, 2008, 02:50 PM
So have the Goauld, in MW.

Except the Goa'uld had their territories and only kept down the occupants of planets within those territories. As long as no one outside of their territories caused them problems, they left them alone. They probably didn't even know they existed for the large part.

The Nox hid.
The Tok'ra, Jaffa, and Lucian Alliance only acquired technology off the back of the Goa'ulds' downfall.
We were left alone because Ra lost interest in us after the rebellion and no other Goa'uld took possession of Earth.
We can only assume the same of the Tollan, Hebridanians, and the few other advanced civilisations we've encountered in MW.

But to the Wraith, humans aren't just servants, they're food. If a group of humans rebelled against the Goa'uld they could just wipe them out or leave them alone. The Wraith have never had that option. All known human worlds must be kept at a minimal level of technology in order for the feeding process to remain easy and relatively safe.

The Wraith have been beating up the Pegasus Galaxy for 10,000 years, not several million.

My bad on the timeframe, I was just taking a guess. There are so many timeframe floating around regarding the Ancients, I can never remember which one is which :)

McSwift
May 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Phoenix was brought over to Atlantis as soon as it was spaceworthy and was completed at Atlantis because they needed a ship quickly in order to fight Michael.

Even then, PTB might decide that the Apollo and Daedalus are enough for Atlantis and keep the Phoenix as a MW ship.

I LOVE the Phoenix. I really do. I think the new set design shows some newer upgrades that have been given to Phoenix (instead of tacking and upgrading new tech). And especially after Unending, theres gotta be newer tech in the Phoenix that hasn't been discussed yet either.

When fighting Michael, why not send Apollo or Daedalus after them? Why not take a fully equipped ship, rather a ship that is rushed into service. It makes NO sense!

Redhooks
May 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
When fighting Michael, why not send Apollo or Daedalus after them? Why not take a fully equipped ship, rather a ship that is rushed into service. It makes NO sense!
Because it did not serve the story of TLM. With the loss of Sheppard, the death of Teyla, and the completion of Michael's wraith/human hybrid experiments due to Teyla's baby allowing Michael to end up ruling the PG, the IOA/Earth decided the PG was not worth the fight. It made a better story that Carter died after selflessly and tirelessly getting the Phoenix ready to fight Michael with virtually no help from Earth and the IOA because no one else would have done so. It would not have been as dramatic to have her dying in a ship that was fully functioning and had a seasoned crew.

Myles
May 7th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Because it did not serve the story of TLM. With the loss of Sheppard, the death of Teyla, and the completion of Michael's wraith/human hybrid experiments due to Teyla's baby allowing Michael to end up ruling the PG, the IOA/Earth decided the PG was not worth the fight. It made a better story that Carter died after selflessly and tirelessly getting the Phoenix ready to fight Michael with virtually no help from Earth and the IOA because no one else would have done so. It would not have been as dramatic to have her dying in a ship that was fully functioning and had a seasoned crew.

The ship was fully functional, she just had to make it so since it arrived with most Asgard systems still not installed. But besides that, completely right.

g.o.d
May 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Because it did not serve the story of TLM. With the loss of Sheppard, the death of Teyla, and the completion of Michael's wraith/human hybrid experiments due to Teyla's baby allowing Michael to end up ruling the PG, the IOA/Earth decided the PG was not worth the fight.

I still think that even now PG isn't worth of fighting. It would be best to find somewhere 3 ZPM's and fly with Atlantis to the MW which is now safer than hostile PG.

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Uh generally both ships (Daedalus and Apollo) are available for defense.

Earth does not have a fleet, she has 3, maybe 4 ships, and they are all needed in Milkyway. To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that they would even devote the kind of resources they have, to help out the humans' of another galaxy
Incorrect. With the Ori gone Earth does not need all of the ships. In truth one would be more than enough.

(now lets be honest, every other group/tribe besides that of Teyla's are a bunch of low life, double crossing, scumbags).
*facepalm*

What? For one they don't have enough power to do so and second they aren't about to abandon the humans of Pegasus.

pbutter
May 8th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Uh generally both ships (Daedalus and Apollo) are available for defense.
No, they aren't. -
McKAY: Both ships at the same time. This is a first.

CARTER: Well, it's the first time we've needed them.

(John and Rodney turn and look at her pointedly. She looks round and sees their expressions.)

CARTER (embarrassed): Well, since I've been here.

Incorrect. With the Ori gone Earth does not need all of the ships. In truth one would be more than enough.
Wrong again.
No, one ship is not enough. Not as long as the Goauld and Lucian Alliance still exist.

*facepalm*
Shocked... ? Well, believe it !!!

What? For one they don't have enough power to do so and second they aren't about to abandon the humans of Pegasus.
That is why i suggested, to halt their campaign against the Wraith.
And why not abandon the humans who have plotted against you ?
The Genii, tried to take over the city, not to mention, they stole their C4, and tried stealing their puddlejumper.
The other group of slightly advanced, humans were planning to double cross Weir (and group), for the Wraith...
Now, i could go on, but you get the point.

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM
No, they aren't. -
McKAY: Both ships at the same time. This is a first.

CARTER: Well, it's the first time we've needed them.

(John and Rodney turn and look at her pointedly. She looks round and sees their expressions.)

CARTER (embarrassed): Well, since I've been here.
Ok you are right on this one.

Wrong again.
No, one ship is not enough. Not as long as the Goauld and Lucian Alliance still exist.
*facepalm*
Shocked... ? Well, believe it !!!
Wrong. The Lucian Alliance is no threat any more and the Goa'uld well the same applies. Neither race are more than the highly capable Odyssey.

That is why i suggested, to halt their campaign against the Wraith.
And why not abandon the humans who have plotted against you ?
The Genii, tried to take over the city, not to mention, they stole their C4, and tried stealing their puddlejumper.
The other group of slightly advanced, humans were planning to double cross Weir (and group), for the Wraith...
Now, i could go on, but you get the point.
That is two races of a galaxy of many though I'm not sure whom you are referring to on the other one. Most are not like the Genii(of whom we are allied with) and who is the other one?

g.o.d
May 8th, 2008, 10:35 AM
That is two races of a galaxy of many though I'm not sure whom you are referring to on the other one. Most are not like the Genii(of whom we are allied with) and who is the other one?

we don't have enough manpower, suplies, ships, weapons, etc. to protect every primitive society in a distant galaxy. I hope Wollsey will remind this to Teyla and others from time to time.

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2008, 10:46 AM
we don't have enough manpower, suplies, ships, weapons, etc. to protect every primitive society in a distant galaxy. I hope Wollsey will remind this to Teyla and others from time to time.

True but we should continue to do what we can.

pbutter
May 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Ok you are right on this one.
Of course, i am.

Wrong. The Lucian Alliance is no threat any more and the Goa'uld well the same applies. Neither race are more than the highly capable Odyssey.
The Odyssey could be undergoing maintenance or far away doing deep space reconnaissance (or whatever Carter said, she did on the Prommie), and Earth could be caught off guard by the Goauld, Lucian Allicance, or a number of other badies. So one ship, no matter how powerful, is not enough for the defense of one big planet.

The other one is the one with the prison island.
In addition to the Genii, i also, have not mentioned, the countless, Wraith worshipers, space pirates, suicidal astronomers (from the Asteroid spacestation episode) and even alien Crystaline entities (evil twins of the one's in MW).
Like i said, i could go on, and on...

g.o.d
May 8th, 2008, 10:52 AM
True but we should continue to do what we can.

in the MW, yes. But in the PG, I don't think so. The Wraith does not poses a threat to Earth and as I said, we have not enough manpower, etc.

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Of course, i am.

The Odyssey could be undergoing maintenance or far away doing deep space reconnaissance (or whatever Carter said, she did on the Prommie), and Earth could be caught off guard by the Goauld, Lucian Allicance, or a number of other badies. So one ship, no matter how powerful, is not enough for the defense of one big planet.
If the threats were as they were in season 10 I'd agree but now I don't as the enemy threats are minimal.

The other one is the one with the prison island.
In addition to the Genii, i also, have not mentioned, the countless, Wraith worshipers, space pirates, suicidal astronomers (from the Asteroid spacestation episode) and even alien Crystaline entities (evil twins of the one's in MW).
Like i said, i could go on, and on...
There are more friendly races than enemy ones.

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2008, 10:58 AM
in the MW, yes. But in the PG, I don't think so. The Wraith does not poses a threat to Earth and as I said, we have not enough manpower, etc.

I disagree. We can't guard every planet true though we caused the problem in Pegasus we are not about to abandon them.

g.o.d
May 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I disagree. We can't guard every planet true though we caused the problem in Pegasus we are not about to abandon them.

we woke up wraith earlier. That's all. They would have awaken anyway sooner or later.

pbutter
May 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
If the threats were as they were in season 10 I'd agree but now I don't as the enemy threats are minimal.
Never let your guard down.
Never be caught with your pants down...

There are more friendly races than enemy ones.
I disagree.
Only some farmers, who seem as if they are good, because they are so primitive.

We didn't cause the problem, the Ancients did.
And in case you are referring to Michael, in which case, it still is better to die from a disease, then to be herded like a cattle.., well, that's my opinion anyway.

jenks
May 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
we woke up wraith earlier. That's all. They would have awaken anyway sooner or later.

Not all at once.

atfan
May 8th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I still think that even now PG isn't worth of fighting. It would be best to find somewhere 3 ZPM's and fly with Atlantis to the MW which is now safer than hostile PG.

Really? Even with the Ori gone the MW is not exactly safe IMHO.

g.o.d
May 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Really? Even with the Ori gone the MW is not exactly safe IMHO.

but it's safer than PG + it's much easier to send reinforcements within galaxy that to another galaxy.

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2008, 01:33 PM

Not in full force like that. That was our fault the PG shouldn't suffer from our mistake.

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I disagree.
Only some farmers, who seem as if they are good, because they are so primitive.
Well there is also Larrins race and the Genii whom we are allied with generally.

We didn't cause the problem, the Ancients did.
And in case you are referring to Michael, in which case, it still is better to die from a disease, then to be herded like a cattle.., well, that's my opinion anyway.
That's like saying we aren't responsible for the Ori coming to the MW. It is our fault that both happened.

Mattathias2.0
May 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Honestly, it seems that the Daedalus and Apollo travel to Atlantis occationally. The Apollo appeared in First Strike through Lifeline, as well as BAMSR and Outcast (stationed at Earth), while the Daedalus appeared in BAMSR and The Kindred 1.

According to spoilers... the Daedalus is appearing in The Daedalus Variations while the Apollo appears in The Lost Tribe (and possibly First Contact). So seems to be a fairly even pace with both vessels.

Lord batchi ball
May 10th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Every thing concerning the Phoenix is just speculation, it was built to fight the Reps and now they are dead and gone. The timeline changed, it may not be built. And I am willing to bet that indeed it will not be built.

Konrad9
May 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Every thing concerning the Phoenix is just speculation, it was built to fight the Reps and now they are dead and gone. The timeline changed, it may not be built. And I am willing to bet that indeed it will not be built.

Are you kidding?

Why wouldn't we build it?

"Oh hey we have four-thousand F-16's. Those things can carry bombs, we don't need anything else!"

"Oh hey, the Nimitz-class Aircraft Carrier is great, and we have 10, we don't need to build the next class!"

There's a reason we have F-22's and F-35's, and why we're building Ford-class aircraft carriers.

**** gets blown up, and the next time you come across a bad guy with a ship that's better than your's, you're going to want to have more than THREE little ships.

"Not going to be built"

Unbelievable.

jonos101
May 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM

wtf, it was built coz it was the next 304 on the production line, and i thought it fought against micheal and his hybrids. and of corse it will be built, we are not just going to stop make ships

SGFerrit
May 11th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Joe confirmed in his blog two days ago that the Phoenix will be seen 'eventually' so the speculation about whether it will appear or not can be officially put to rest. Now people can speculate about captains, the ships role, whether we will lose either the Daedalus or Apollo before we get the Phoenix etc...

McSwift
May 11th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Honestly, it seems that the Daedalus and Apollo travel to Atlantis occationally. The Apollo appeared in First Strike through Lifeline, as well as BAMSR and Outcast (stationed at Earth), while the Daedalus appeared in BAMSR and The Kindred 1.

According to spoilers... the Daedalus is appearing in The Daedalus Variations while the Apollo appears in The Lost Tribe (and possibly First Contact). So seems to be a fairly even pace with both vessels.

I've read that

The Apollo gets boarded by the Wraith (Todd) in First Contact, and the wraith are trying to make it to where the Asgard is located

Does that mean that Apollo may be blown up in the process too?

Janus
May 11th, 2008, 09:54 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

S
P
A
C
E

Euhm....McSwift...about the Deadalus Variations....It's not going be our Deadalus, but an AU Deadalus. Otherwise, Steven Caldwell would have been in command and not Captain Sobol. (BTW, could mean that the Deadalus they find is from an AU where the Navy runs the fleet. But that is just my idea.) Also, we should see how that ep end first, maybe the Phoenix is actually that AU ship salvaged and repaired. The change in the Time-Line could be that in the TLM-line they failed to salvage the vessel and had to build it themselves.

pbutter
May 13th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Well there is also Larrins race and the Genii whom we are allied with generally.
Well, Larrin and her group are basically space pirates, and should not be trusted. If given the chance, they would take over Atlantis and the 304's.
And with the Genii, i needn't say anything, you already know.

That's like saying we aren't responsible for the Ori coming to the MW. It is our fault that both happened.
Well, technically, the Ancients are also responsible for this one. As the Ancients and the Ori were once the same. Its their (Ancients) mess we keep having to clean up.

Honestly, it seems that the Daedalus and Apollo travel to Atlantis occationally.

They take turns ferrying equipment and supplies. When one is in PG, the other is in the MW, and vice versa.

Mitchell82
May 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Well, Larrin and her group are basically space pirates, and should not be trusted. If given the chance, they would take over Atlantis and the 304's.
And with the Genii, i needn't say anything, you already know.
SO because they have questionable tactics means we should not ally ourselves with a group of very capable warriors with ships? I disagree as per the Genii they are our ally they just have some splinter factions like the NID.

Well, technically, the Ancients are also responsible for this one. As the Ancients and the Ori were once the same. Its their (Ancients) mess we keep having to clean up.
They are not responsible for the Ori coming here we were plain and simple. Same with our waking the Wraith. YOu can't blame them for our screw ups.

They take turns ferrying equipment and supplies. When one is in PG, the other is in the MW, and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

pbutter
May 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM
SO because they have questionable tactics means we should not ally ourselves with a group of very capable warriors with ships? I disagree as per the Genii they are our ally they just have some splinter factions like the NID.
Yes. You answered the question yourself. They kidnapped, tortured, and tried to murder someone from Earth, without provocation. And the Genii have tried to kill the expedition members on several occasions, even, Laden Radem had plans to kill off sheppard and co.

They are not responsible for the Ori coming here we were plain and simple. Same with our waking the Wraith. YOu can't blame them for our screw ups.
It is their fault. The Ori are their people. Would you not blame Earth for the actions of the NID ?
And the Wraith were going to wake sooner of later, it was just a matter of time. While, the blame for letting the Wraith evolve in the Galaxy is solely on the Ancients.

[/QUOTE]

Zalenka
May 18th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I may be wrong in this and I admit that i don't know how long it took to build the Daedalus from scratch, but I think that Earth has the ability to produce 3 304s in two years. The Daedalus was brought out at the end of Atlantis season 2, the Odyssey came out middle of SG1 season 9 and the Korelev, and I know it was rushed, came out at the end of SG1 season 9.

There was another year until the Apollo was built and I imagine that the upgrading of the in service 304 with Unending upgrades will have a delay in the building of further ships, but I can't see why Earth can't build ships at the rate that it did in Season 9 SG1 and season 3 Atlantis.

If Earth has been building ships at this rate then I'd imagine that there may be another 304 out there that has been assigned to Earth. We won't of seen it though as there's no more SG1 series.

On the issue of what will happen if there were 3 304s available to Atlantis, can't they have a separate one stationed there all the time. The crews could do 6 month tours where they could do a month of training around Earth, a month to travel to Atlantis ( taking your time with sightseeing and reconnaissance and stuff) They could then do 3 months around Atlantis and then a month to travel back.

When the first ship begins its third month in Atlantis the second ship could leave Earth on route for Atlantis. The Supplying of Atlantis would be completed by all three ships and the ships would not be under the strain of constantly moving between galaxies.

GoSpikey
May 18th, 2008, 02:44 PM
It's Zelenka. ;)