X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Digimon fans out there on gateworld

i can't be the only one ...
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

*raises hand* Hey, I'm not a digimon fan...but I was told that there was free pizza here.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Haha I feel kind of lame for admitting this but I'm a massive digimon fan. Well, I loved the first two series', sorta skipped the third (due to it being on at 6:30 saturday mornings. It's impossible to be up that early!) and I loved the fourth. I haven't seen the fifth but I'm just (im)patiently waiting for it to air down here.

Go Patamon!

Comment

What the hell is a digimon?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

*slowly raises hand*

granted the only ones I watched religiously was where the first 2 seasons and the 3rd was decent(from what few episodes I saw) and I havnt watched it in years

never bothered with the 4th or 5th season

id rather let my kid(if I had one) watch it than any of the new power ranger or new Pokemon series

Comment

i watched series 1-4 here in america i don't think we got series 5 (digimon savers)

and i agree that series 1-2 was the best. tamers was good but different
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

*10 year old self raises hand*

OMG I loved this show, well the first series at least, got half way through the second series and just stopped for some reason.

But yeah the first series was so good. The ending was very sad (not just because it had ended ), and I think I was cheering when this happened I could even forgive the cheesyness.

Although, I liked Power Rangers and Pokemon more (as much as I like Stargate now)....
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i watched series 1-4 here in america i don't think we got series 5 (digimon savers)

and i agree that series 1-2 was the best. tamers was good but different
                I think there are fansubs out of Savers

in all honesty I hardly watch tv any more (Avatar, Spectacular Spider-man and BSG is pretty much all I watch... and I have to record Spider-man as there is no way im getting up early to watch it)

also I like how in Season 2 even though the original Cast made appearances(except Kairi and TJ who where main character) they didnt just completely take over the show (and black war greymon ruled)

Although, I liked Power Rangers and Pokemon more (as much as I like Stargate now)....
                I liked Pokemon up until they went to the Orange Islands then I could not stand it any more (the games on the otherhand are still quite fun despite the horrid spinoffs and anime)

power rangers kicked ass until it stop being MMPR... and sad to say i did tune in for a few episodes of Dino Thunder as it had Tommy in it <_<
                Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 04 May 2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  What the hell is a digimon?
                  A Pokemon ripoff.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    A Pokemon ripoff.
                    1)the Digimon actually started out as a Tamagotchi ripoff so no
                    2)Pokemon didnt exactly invent the whole monster capturing aspect though there is no monster catching in Digimon
                    3)Digimon's plotline was completely different than Pokemon just because it had monsters and little kids does not make one a ripoff when thats all they have in common

Comment

I was a major fan of the first 2 seasons when I was younger. I only watched a few episodes of the third season and just lost interest.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        A Pokemon ripoff.
                        Gotcha, thanks.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I loved the first season/series. It was pretty epic and I thought they hit on the formula pretty much perfectly. It was the typical "bad guy, followed by more powerful bad guy, etc. etc." stuff, but I thought it was entertaining enough for what it was, cheesy humor aside.

The other seasons pale in comparison to the first, IMHO.

Comment

I recently watched the entire series, and amazingly found it enjoyable to me. And I loved Tamers, that was my favorite.

Comment

I really enjoyed it when I was younger. It was one of those shows i got to watch as soon as i got in from school so it was alays a good way to kick back and relax. They were good fun. Only really liked the first two series though.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X