what's sorta, kinda, like sg1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's sorta, kinda, like sg1?

Anything even close. Scifi fantasy with humor and action?

Farscape, but I'm sure you all ready know that.

Not so much in the sci fi genre but Supernatural is kinda like that, and Reaper too.
    Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Maybe Firefly for the humour, or Dr Who if you can prepare yourself for cheese and bad acting x 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
        Anything even close. Scifi fantasy with humor and action?
        Well, the obvious answer is Atlantis but you probably already know that. Other than that, I agree about Farscape, Dr. Who and Firefly. Buffy and Angel have the humor and plain old goodness but there is some cheese factors to them as well.
        /* Clark to the 'holic */ Comtria!

Comment

Doctor Who no question. Don't listen to the fella above, the acting is really quite good. Yes it gets cheesy sometimes, but it's really good.

Farscape is another good choice. As is Lexx, but in a very adult, twisted way.

Eureka has the same comedic doesn't-take-itself-too-seriously approach as well.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Doctor Who no question. Don't listen to the fella above, the acting is really quite good. Yes it gets cheesy sometimes, but it's really good.

Farscape is another good choice. As is Lexx, but in a very adult, twisted way.

Eureka has the same comedic doesn't-take-itself-too-seriously approach as well.
            Echoing the Doctor Who sentiment- the characters are all likable, there has been some amazing acting (and some intentionally goofy acting ), brilliant writing, and it's ridiculously fun, but also has the right balance of dark and serious and David Tennant is absolutely wonderful as the Doctor.

Same with Farscape.....if you can find it that is. I've been stuck unable to find the last ten episodes for nearly a year now.

And Eureka is a lot of silly fun. Though the second season storyline was a snoozer. That show should really stick to the fun one-off episodes that it's good at.

Or of the more obvious there's the first season of Heroes. The second was terrible, but the first was fun.

Or for sci-fi/horror/action/humour there's The X-Files. But that's probably also going for the obvious.

Comment

When Doctor Who is cheesy it's on purpose!
              Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

firefly.

the end.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Maybe Firefly for the humour, or Dr Who if you can prepare yourself for cheese and bad acting x 10.
                  Cheesy yes.....it's meant to be.........Bad acting? HELL NO!
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Cheesy yes.....it's meant to be.........Bad acting? HELL NO!
                    Catherine Tate can't act.

Comment

Catherine Tate can't act.
                      Yes she can. She has extensive theatre experience, including Shakespear and Commedia del'arte. When she appears like she does in her own show, thats deliberate.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        Yes she can. She has extensive theatre experience, including Shakespear and Commedia del'arte. When she appears like she does in her own show, thats deliberate.
                        I've seen her on Dr Who. She can't act. She can handle anything light, but anything dramatic and she over acts horribly.

Comment

I agree that Farscape also has humor and action, but that's where the similarities end, imo. FS was also very dark and had an ongoing, dense storyline. The stories are character-driven as opposed to plot driven like SG-1. And the relationships on FS are just as important as the action and other plot elements.

Eureka also has a lot of humor but not as much action, and it's really quite different. It's set in a town on Earth and they never interact with aliens or go into space.

Hmm, I think I'd say the original Trek is more similar. They were explorers, the show was set in space, they had beaming technology, and their was a small core group of characters, and there was a lot of humor. Plus, there wasn't an ongoing storyline.

Comment

I've seen her on Dr Who. She can't act. She can handle anything light, but anything dramatic and she over acts horribly.
                            Did you even watch the end of the Pompeii episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Did you even watch the end of the Pompeii episode?
                              Funnily enough this exactly what I'm referring to.

Comment

Working...
                              X