This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abydos - sga equivelant

when anubis destroyed abydos, the ppl on abydos ascended, so why dont the peguses ancients ever help a planet there, like the MW ancients helped abydos

(i know it was umm, oma? right? that helped them ascend, but surely a PEG ancient is as nice and believes the same as oma)

Yeah...Chaya, sort of.

And like Oma, she was punished for it.

Comment

but surely, the peg ancients r sick of the wraith feedin on the life, the ancients seeded

its like, keepin chickens, then when a fox comes, just sit and watch it eat em all

any normal person would kill the fox

Comment

The ancients view us as we view insects, plus they have a strict non interference policy. They wouldn't even interfere when the Ori threatened their existence, so I doubt they'd step in for the sake of a few humans.

Comment

every lifeform has an instinct for self preservation, the writeers messed up by not giving the ancients that quality

Comment

That's what the Ancients do. They don't interfere.

I don't see this as being different.

Also, at the time, the Ancients weren't under direct threat from the Ori. They were going to invade, sure, but not yet.

Comment

to me, its like, if, you are a bee keeper, u have ur colonies, but what if a foreign species takes up residence, and starts wiping out your bees?

would you just let that happen?

btw, all my views are from a totally human perspective

Comment

Chickens are valued for their eggs and meat.

Bees for their nectar and honey.

Humans are useless to the Ancients. Whether we're here or not, it won't affect how the Ancients live.

Comment

hmm

u have me there

but, id just like to see the ancients in peg, show more help 2 us

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
                    to me, its like, if, you are a bee keeper, u have ur colonies, but what if a foreign species takes up residence, and starts wiping out your bees?

would you just let that happen?

btw, all my views are from a totally human perspective
                    If you're a bee keeper no you wouldn't, but the analogy doesn't work, as the Ancients don't feel responsible for humans any more, as they severed all their ties with their human lives when they ascended (or at least most of them did).

Comment

Personally, i dont think the ancients r gonna come back at all. Frankly i dont really care if they dont cuz they've been a bit of a retard, and dont really help the team much..

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        If you're a bee keeper no you wouldn't, but the analogy doesn't work, as the Ancients don't feel responsible for humans any more, as they severed all their ties with their human lives when they ascended (or at least most of them did).
                        They took on a very god like perspective in that they left us with free will and don't interfere because the only way we will reach an evolved state is by getting there ourselves.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          They took on a very god like perspective in that they left us with free will and don't interfere because the only way we will reach an evolved state is by getting there ourselves.
                          I don't think it has anything to do with that to be honest, they've made it clear that the affairs of lowers just don't concern them, we could wipe ourselves out for all we care, I just think that they realise that power corrupts, and if they stat interfering they could end up like the Ori, so it's best to leave the affairs of 'lowers' well alone.

Comment

Working...
                          X