This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Ian McKellen back as Gandalf

I have high hopes for the Hobbit movie after the success of Lord of the Rings, even if it isn't being made by the same people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7375245.stm
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

I'm really glad Ian will be reprising his role. He did a fantastic job.

Regarding the choice to do a movie between the Hobbit and LOTR. That's all fine and wonderful, except NOTHING happened in those 60 years! Unless they decide to do AU, at which I'll throw my hands up and walk away.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

I'm glad to hear he will be reprising the role.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
        I'm really glad Ian will be reprising his role. He did a fantastic job.

Regarding the choice to do a movie between the Hobbit and LOTR. That's all fine and wonderful, except NOTHING happened in those 60 years! Unless they decide to do AU, at which I'll throw my hands up and walk away.
        i don't think it's a movie set between the 2 books, i think the hobbit is going to be split in two.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

The first movie is going to be an adaptation of the Hobbit. The second is going to be an original story that plugs in between the Hobbit and LOTR.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
            The first movie is going to be an adaptation of the Hobbit. The second is going to be an original story that plugs in between the Hobbit and LOTR.
            that's going to annoy a lot of people, and none of the purists will bother going to see the second movie, so why bother? have you got anywhere it actually ststes that in black and white?
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              that's going to annoy a lot of people, and none of the purists will bother going to see the second movie, so why bother? have you got anywhere it actually ststes that in black and white?
              Sure. Del Toro talked with TheOneRing.net and discussed it there.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2008...-hobbit-films/

Originally posted by del Toro
              You know, I traveled to New Zealand just a little while ago, and one of the main reasons for going was to sit down and talk about the second film. ‘The Hobbit’, the book, is really one self-contained film, so for the second movie we sat down and worked it out. When we did this we got really excited because this second film is not a ‘tag on’, it’s not ‘filler’, it’s an integral part of telling the story of those 50 years of history lost in the narrative. There will be certain things that we will see from the first movie but from a different point of view, but it will feel like a volume, in the 5 volumes of the entire story. It will not feel like a bridge, I’ve been hearing it called ‘a bridge film’, it’s not, it’s an integral chapter of the story, and I think we’re all on the same page.

Comment

Very good news. Do we know if the guy that Played Bilbo in the Lord of the Rings will be back as well?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X