Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

This is a thread for all kinds of Jonasy goodness. Read that again: GOODNESS. Bashing of the character and/or actor is strictly forbidden and if you hate the character, fine, but take your hate somewhere else, please.

We're here to appreciate Jonas and Corin. So let the fun begin!

Me, I'm gonna be seeing Corin real soon- he's a guest at L3 in London. So neener neener to all of you!

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    This is a thread for all kinds of Jonasy goodness. Read that again: GOODNESS. Bashing of the character and/or actor is strictly forbidden and if you hate the character, fine, but take your hate somewhere else, please.

We're here to appreciate Jonas and Corin. So let the fun begin!

Me, I'm gonna be seeing Corin real soon- he's a guest at L3 in London. So neener neener to all of you!
    I love Jonas. I loved the way through season 6 you kind of saw Earth and the SG through his eyes - we never really got a chance to see Teal'c do that. He had a really good dynamic with Teal'c - Jonas was a good foil to Teal'c's seriousness.

*You coming to London Shadow? I've got a ticket for L3*

Comment

I will be invading London, yes. Head for your nearest bomb shelter.

I've been a fan of Corin's since he was on Parker Lewis, so when I heard HE was gonna be the New Guy, I was thrilled to death! Personally, I think he did a great job... with what he was given. Any failings are NOT, in my opinion, his fault!

Comment

Here's something to start you off with your Thunking.

No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Mmm.... Yummy.

*drools over picture*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
            Here's something to start you off with your Thunking.

Yes, I approve!! Totally!

oooooohhh he looks all clean and smooth...

I like those jeans.

Nice.
            Last edited by astronomicalchick; 29 October 2004, 02:08 PM. Reason: to drool some more

Comment

MMm... that IS a lovely picture. I remember that night very fondle... I mean, fondly. Ye gods, he looks nice, doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I will be invading London, yes. Head for your nearest bomb shelter.

I've been a fan of Corin's since he was on Parker Lewis, so when I heard HE was gonna be the New Guy, I was thrilled to death! Personally, I think he did a great job... with what he was given. Any failings are NOT, in my opinion, his fault!
                I think someone should warn the authorities that you're coming over Shadow.

I think he did a great job making his character multi-dimensional and giving Jonas real presence. I was really disappointed that he couldn't have stayed in the series somewhere, instead of being relegated to one episode with seriously dodgy hair. That hair was scary. Shouldn't have been allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  I think someone should warn the authorities that you're coming over Shadow.

I think he did a great job making his character multi-dimensional and giving Jonas real presence. I was really disappointed that he couldn't have stayed in the series somewhere, instead of being relegated to one episode with seriously dodgy hair. That hair was scary. Shouldn't have been allowed.
                  I just feel very strongly that you should not date someone with the same hair as you; especially not that hair.

But yes; yay Jonas. He was a loss to the series when they booted him; he had a kind of fresh-faced innocence that the Daniel of the movie had but the Daniel of the series - having lost his wife to the Goa'uld - never did. And I love writing for him; have done ever since a friend of mine pointed out that he really doesn't trust girls who kiss on the first date. He's so 1950s; it's like writing a Stargate/Paul Temple crossover sometimes.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    I just feel very strongly that you should not date someone with the same hair as you; especially not that hair.

But yes; yay Jonas. He was a loss to the series when they booted him; he had a kind of fresh-faced innocence that the Daniel of the movie had but the Daniel of the series - having lost his wife to the Goa'uld - never did. And I love writing for him; have done ever since a friend of mine pointed out that he really doesn't trust girls who kiss on the first date. He's so 1950s; it's like writing a Stargate/Paul Temple crossover sometimes.
                    I love the way he's so fresh faced and innocent. I've read some really funny fanfic starring Jonas and the nurses at the SGC!

Comment

Jonas is a LOT of fun to write! Unfortunately I have this dismaying tendency to put him through hell rather than allow the poor bugger to have any fun. But then, I did do those lit challenges over on the old SCIFI board, so I did get to do Light & Fluffy Jonas stuff.

Jonas is one of my favorite characters on the show and as infuriated as I am by TPTB snubbing the character and not giving him any real development, at least that means that he's more open to interpretation. And yeah, I know that's a weak and obvious rationalization, but oh well.

Comment

I always liked jonas' earnestness. He was so open minded and would try very hard to do the right thing.

of course, the fact that corin is totally dishy has nothing to do with it either
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, Jonas - along with Daniel - is my favorite character in the SG-1 universe.

How's that for ironic?

I think it was the opening scene with Sam in Redemption, part 1 that won me over. He's got the weather channel on and after finding out that they're off to Nevada he says:

"It's like... predicting the future."

He endeared himself to me in that very moment. That and the following question on what kind of clothes he should wear.
                          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I thunk for Jonas. I miss him.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                              I think it was the opening scene with Sam in Redemption, part 1 that won me over. He's got the weather channel on and after finding out that they're off to Nevada he says:

"It's like... predicting the future."

He endeared himself to me in that very moment. That and the following question on what kind of clothes he should wear.
                              I know exactly what won me over. It was the scene where he's telling Sam he's good at reading people and points out that Colonel Chekov is 'very upset'.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X