PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2004, 02:43 PM
This is a thread for all kinds of Jonasy goodness. Read that again: GOODNESS. Bashing of the character and/or actor is strictly forbidden and if you hate the character, fine, but take your hate somewhere else, please. :P

We're here to appreciate Jonas and Corin. So let the fun begin! :D

Me, I'm gonna be seeing Corin real soon- he's a guest at L3 in London. So neener neener to all of you! http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage23/4.gif

astronomicalchick
October 29th, 2004, 02:49 PM
This is a thread for all kinds of Jonasy goodness. Read that again: GOODNESS. Bashing of the character and/or actor is strictly forbidden and if you hate the character, fine, but take your hate somewhere else, please. :P

We're here to appreciate Jonas and Corin. So let the fun begin! :D

Me, I'm gonna be seeing Corin real soon- he's a guest at L3 in London. So neener neener to all of you! http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage23/4.gif

I love Jonas. I loved the way through season 6 you kind of saw Earth and the SG through his eyes - we never really got a chance to see Teal'c do that. He had a really good dynamic with Teal'c - Jonas was a good foil to Teal'c's seriousness.

*You coming to London Shadow? I've got a ticket for L3*

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2004, 02:53 PM
I will be invading London, yes. Head for your nearest bomb shelter. :D

I've been a fan of Corin's since he was on Parker Lewis, so when I heard HE was gonna be the New Guy, I was thrilled to death! Personally, I think he did a great job... with what he was given. Any failings are NOT, in my opinion, his fault! :P

DJFavorite
October 29th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Here's something to start you off with your Thunking.

http://home.comcast.net/~chrisgraves1/corin.jpg

MartoufMarty
October 29th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Mmm.... Yummy. :P

*drools over picture*

astronomicalchick
October 29th, 2004, 03:02 PM

Yes, I approve!! Totally!

oooooohhh he looks all clean and smooth...

I like those jeans.

Nice.

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2004, 03:02 PM
MMm... that IS a lovely picture. :D I remember that night very fondle... I mean, fondly. ;) Ye gods, he looks nice, doesn't he?

astronomicalchick
October 29th, 2004, 03:07 PM
I will be invading London, yes. Head for your nearest bomb shelter. :D

I've been a fan of Corin's since he was on Parker Lewis, so when I heard HE was gonna be the New Guy, I was thrilled to death! Personally, I think he did a great job... with what he was given. Any failings are NOT, in my opinion, his fault! :P

I think someone should warn the authorities that you're coming over Shadow.

I think he did a great job making his character multi-dimensional and giving Jonas real presence. I was really disappointed that he couldn't have stayed in the series somewhere, instead of being relegated to one episode with seriously dodgy hair. That hair was scary. Shouldn't have been allowed.

Mr Prophet
October 29th, 2004, 03:10 PM

I think he did a great job making his character multi-dimensional and giving Jonas real presence. I was really disappointed that he couldn't have stayed in the series somewhere, instead of being relegated to one episode with seriously dodgy hair. That hair was scary. Shouldn't have been allowed.

I just feel very strongly that you should not date someone with the same hair as you; especially not that hair.

But yes; yay Jonas. He was a loss to the series when they booted him; he had a kind of fresh-faced innocence that the Daniel of the movie had but the Daniel of the series - having lost his wife to the Goa'uld - never did. And I love writing for him; have done ever since a friend of mine pointed out that he really doesn't trust girls who kiss on the first date. He's so 1950s; it's like writing a Stargate/Paul Temple crossover sometimes.

astronomicalchick
October 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I just feel very strongly that you should not date someone with the same hair as you; especially not that hair.

But yes; yay Jonas. He was a loss to the series when they booted him; he had a kind of fresh-faced innocence that the Daniel of the movie had but the Daniel of the series - having lost his wife to the Goa'uld - never did. And I love writing for him; have done ever since a friend of mine pointed out that he really doesn't trust girls who kiss on the first date. He's so 1950s; it's like writing a Stargate/Paul Temple crossover sometimes.

I love the way he's so fresh faced and innocent. I've read some really funny fanfic starring Jonas and the nurses at the SGC!

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Jonas is a LOT of fun to write! Unfortunately I have this dismaying tendency to put him through hell rather than allow the poor bugger to have any fun. But then, I did do those lit challenges over on the old SCIFI board, so I did get to do Light & Fluffy Jonas stuff. :)

Jonas is one of my favorite characters on the show and as infuriated as I am by TPTB snubbing the character and not giving him any real development, at least that means that he's more open to interpretation. And yeah, I know that's a weak and obvious rationalization, but oh well. :P

Skydiver
October 29th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I always liked jonas' earnestness. He was so open minded and would try very hard to do the right thing.

of course, the fact that corin is totally dishy has nothing to do with it either ;)

Liv
October 29th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Well, Jonas - along with Daniel - is my favorite character in the SG-1 universe.

How's that for ironic? ;)

I think it was the opening scene with Sam in Redemption, part 1 that won me over. He's got the weather channel on and after finding out that they're off to Nevada he says:

"It's like... predicting the future."

He endeared himself to me in that very moment. That and the following question on what kind of clothes he should wear. :D

blueiris
October 29th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I thunk for Jonas. I miss him. :(

Mr Prophet
October 30th, 2004, 12:48 AM
I think it was the opening scene with Sam in Redemption, part 1 that won me over. He's got the weather channel on and after finding out that they're off to Nevada he says:

"It's like... predicting the future."

He endeared himself to me in that very moment. That and the following question on what kind of clothes he should wear. :D

I know exactly what won me over. It was the scene where he's telling Sam he's good at reading people and points out that Colonel Chekov is 'very upset'.

Skydiver
October 30th, 2004, 10:25 AM
yeah, jonas had this whole 'wow, gee whiz, this is so cool' attitude.

To me, by the end of s5, everyone and everything was getting so tired and jaded and jonas was a literal shot in the arm.

he was rejuvenating

Shipperahoy
October 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Wow, that picture.....wow. That really made my day. He's just so.....yum. Can't. Form. Coherant. Sentences.

I miss Jonas. Waaaaaa! Why can't they have both him and Daniel? Why?! Two speciman's of salty manly goodness. Did I say yum yet?

meimei
October 30th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Wow, that picture.....wow. That really made my day. He's just so.....yum. Can't. Form. Coherant. Sentences.

I miss Jonas. Waaaaaa! Why can't they have both him and Daniel? Why?! Two speciman's of salty manly goodness. Did I say yum yet?
I agree with you, Shipperahoy! Why couldn't they have both? I liked Jonas and I like Daniel... Although I am watching Fallout right now and I keep thinking that Jonas needs a good barber!! LOL! Or at the very least, someone to brush the hair off his forehead!

Hey, I volunteer for that job!

No, wait, he's too young for me to have those thoughts... Okay, I could try to do it in a maternal way... Nah...

Never mind.

keshou
October 30th, 2004, 11:06 AM

Er....Wow! I hadn't seen that pic before. The boy has quite a bod on him. Very nice. Sweet smile.

Yes! Jonas and Daniel together = yummy. Who made that decision anyway!

LOL! at the salty manly goodness. Makes me want to lick something. Oops....did I just say that.. :D

Critter
October 30th, 2004, 11:09 AM

I like those jeans.

Nice.
Ummmm, jeans....what jeans? :o

Critter
October 30th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I really enjoyed Jonas on the show. I think he fit in just fine. He proved himself worthy of the team and he didn't have to whine his way in. It's hard to take over for someone else...both on the show as the actor and the character too. I think he did a fine job. I would really love to see him back. He doesn't have to "take" anyone's place. He does fine all by himself.

He'll need to get his hair cut though...like it in season 6 but barfed over it in season 7. Not serious enough for me with the bowl cut going on... :p

NightGloom
October 30th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Woohoo! Jonas thread! I loved Jonas, he could have been written a lot better, but he was still a good character. I hated that they basically gave him the shaft after MS came back. Oh well, may they learn from their mistakes.

Niiice picture! :D

sueKay
October 30th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I love Jonas!

He is such a great guy. Even when Jack's being awkward (for IMOunderstandable reasons), he doesn't bother.

This also shows that he has a great strength of character.

(That and the small fact he leaves the Kelownans to save them form their narrow mindedness)

He is also rather nice! ;)

*Glances up*

THUNK!

Did you know Corin's real first name is Joseph!

Catysg1
October 30th, 2004, 02:00 PM
.I loved Jonas in season 6 ..he was a breath of fresh air for the show ;)
And I find him really good-looking , unusual looking andI love his smile .
I was not too keen on the hair cut he had for the episode he had in season 7 but in season 6 ..he was real hot. ;)

Caty ;)

ShadowMaat
October 30th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I know you all know about CorinNemec.com (http://www.corinnemec.com), but I'll plug it anyway. :D

In addition to all kinds of interviews and articles and a forum and all that fun stuff is a very cool photo archive which includes screencaps of a lot of Corin's stuff. And if you guys haven't seen all of his movies, he's had some very... interesting roles. ;)

There are some good shirtless shots, as well, and some of the publicity pics are adorable. Of course, most pics of him are pretty great, anyway. :D

Rawr! I'm sexay! (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/ultimate2.jpg)

Fun in the sun (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/first2go71.jpg)

Critter
October 30th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I know you all know about CorinNemec.com (http://www.corinnemec.com), but I'll plug it anyway. :D

In addition to all kinds of interviews and articles and a forum and all that fun stuff is a very cool photo archive which includes screencaps of a lot of Corin's stuff. And if you guys haven't seen all of his movies, he's had some very... interesting roles. ;)
Thanks Shadow...I had never seen him in anything before, at least not that I recognized! :D

astronomicalchick
October 30th, 2004, 04:57 PM

There are some good shirtless shots, as well, and some of the publicity pics are adorable. Of course, most pics of him are pretty great, anyway. :D

Shadow! Was the one at the sink taken you had him impriso.. er staying? And what did you do to him in the first?

ShadowMaat
October 30th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Shadow! Was the one at the sink taken you had him impriso.. er staying? And what did you do to him in the first?
He was... umm... visiting. Yes, that's it. :D We were just... playing dressup. Yeah. That's all. Nothing remotely kink- I mean hink... er... Nothing remotely out of the ordinary, nope. And my reasons for not going into detail have nothing to do with the PG rules of this forum! I just... uh... I think I hear someone screaming- I mean, calling me from another room. Must go investigate... http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/unclassified/smiley_abtz.gif

Oh look, a sheet abandoned on the floor...

Buc252
October 30th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I really enjoyed Jonas on the show. I think he fit in just fine. He proved himself worthy of the team and he didn't have to whine his way in. It's hard to take over for someone else...both on the show as the actor and the character too. I think he did a fine job. I would really love to see him back. He doesn't have to "take" anyone's place. He does fine all by himself.

He'll need to get his hair cut though...like it in season 6 but barfed over it in season 7. Not serious enough for me with the bowl cut going on... :p

I absolutely agree about him fitting in without having to take anybody's place. The fact of the matter is, Jonas is a trained diplomat as well as scientist, but not an archeologist. He taught himself that so he could make up for what the team lost in Daniel. Meanwhile, Daniel, despite what they've had him doing, is not a trained diplomat. So let Daniel dig the rocks and translate and let Jonas do the diplomacy thing! Both needed, both necessary, and SG1 needs it's fifth man! :p

As for the haircut, I always thought that he did the spiky-do in S6 because he was kind of emulating Jack, which I found realy adorable. Hero worship is so cute! However, the early-80's-swept-to-the-side do has *got* to go, you're right about that.

ShadowMaat
October 30th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Everyone keeps saying that Jonas is too vital to his world and that he's hugely important and can't be spared and wouldn't want to leave anyway, but I disagree.

Do we have any evidence of how important Jonas is in Kelowna, now? Other than the "diplomats" whining for him, do we know that they ever actually listen to him? Do we know that he's accomplishing a lot of good where he is?

And I will never for one minute believe that Jonas WANTS to be in the middle of all that political backstabbing, double-dealing, conspiracies, machinations and general misconduct when he COULD be out exploring an amazing universe and saving the universe from a REAL threat.

He feels obligated to help his country and he probably feels a lot of guilt over what happened (poor bugger is doomed to a life of feeling guilty for massively horrible things beyond his control), but that is nowhere near the same thing.

I definitely prefer Jonas with that adorably spikey hair, but then, I hate long hair on men in general. ;)

ravinia
October 31st, 2004, 01:06 AM
I just loved Jonas and the way Corin protrayed him. An intriguing combination of naivete and brilliance... his wide-eyed way of experiencing everything on earth ad the SGC for the first time was invigorating, and helped remind us of just how awe-inspiring were the things we started to take for granted after five years.

I always thought he got a raw deal because fans all vented their anger at Michael Shanks leaving on him. There was no way his character could win...

There were so many possibilities to explore the character that they just didn't have time to get to. They shuttled him off so quickly... in the commentaries on the S7 DVD they mentioned that they felt they said goodbye to him too quickly, but that doesn't make it better..

I too think he would have brought some great story lines for S7 or S8.

^Ravinia^

blueiris
October 31st, 2004, 08:30 AM
One of the things I loved most about Jonas was the excitement and enthusiasm he had for each new adventure. And the way the team looked at Jonas when he was excited made me think they were remembering how they felt in the beginning and maybe were feeling those butterflies again. One of the best things about the early seasons was the enthusiasm of the team in merely going through the gate. With Jonas, we had a little of that feeling back.
And of course he wasn't bad to look at either. ;)

Critter
October 31st, 2004, 06:11 PM
I never got the feeling that Jonas was particularly wanted on his home world which could be part of what I liked about him. It made him vulnerable. He was so much younger than anyone else that they showed us from there....except for that girl in season 7 that drove me crazy. But I digress. I think that Jonas has been a misunderstood and underused character regardless of which planet TPTB had him on.

ShadowMaat
October 31st, 2004, 06:44 PM
I wish that TPTB had stuck with their plan to send Jonas off to Atlantis. Even with him being banished to Kelowna/Langara, they still could have managed it... if they'd really wanted to. And it drives me absolutely INSANE that they would introduce such a potentially monumental storyline about Jonas and his genetics with not one but TWO separate goa'uld (at least two, the stuff in Fallout could have gone a lot of ways) showing a marked interest in him... AND THEY DROP IT!!! They've dropped a lot of good storylines in the past, but the one with Jonas is the most personally aggravating. And I STILL say Nirrti let him off way too easy. Even writing a fic about it hasn't gotten that out of my system. ;)

I also still want to know what stories were rejected before TPTB finally accepted what became Fallout.

Oh and look. Here's a pic from when the two of us went to the beach (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/first2go71.jpg) . :D

Jonas
October 31st, 2004, 09:06 PM
Shadow, any chance u could try to get Corin to shows his 2xsist tighty whities or at least a waistband?

I totally agree with you on the potential storylines they threw away. I still thing they should put him on Atlantis for season 2.

ShadowMaat
October 31st, 2004, 09:17 PM
Oh, I would LOVE to, believe me! ;) I think my hands would be shaking too bad to take the pic, though. Would have to get someone else to do it. I might be able to lend Corin a hand, though. Or two. :D Those shots can be very tricky to set up, y'know. ;)

greytop
November 1st, 2004, 03:32 AM
I always liked jonas' earnestness. He was so open minded and would try very hard to do the right thing.
It seemed to be, IMO, that he also a had a zest for life in a suttle kind of way.

CN was also the music video by Willie Nelson and Toby Keith, Beer For My Horses.

GateGipsy
November 1st, 2004, 03:42 AM

Why do people keep dissing the hair from Fail Safe, S7? I loved his whole look in that episode. It was very stylish, and I thought, very Thunderbirds in a sixties kind of way. Definitely cool.

I'm at L3 too - so far that's you, me and Shadow.

ShadowMaat
November 1st, 2004, 04:38 AM
Why do people keep dissing the hair from Fail Safe, S7? I loved his whole look in that episode. It was very stylish, and I thought, very Thunderbirds in a sixties kind of way. Definitely cool.
Well, as I said, I don't like long hair on guys. I got used to the look from Corin's appearance at Gatecon that year and managed to learn to like it a little, but it still kinda bugs me and- as a lot of people have said- the fact that Jonas' girlfriend in the ep had the exact same haircut made it very weird. If EVERYONE had had the same style and it had been some sort of national hairstyle or something, that might have been one thing, but as it was, it just didn't sit very well with me. *shrug* What can I say? I like it short and spikey. ;)

GateGipsy
November 1st, 2004, 04:42 AM
LOL! Well I have to admit I'm a long hair kind of gal (hubs has long hair too). I dunno, I guess I get bored with short, spike and shorn styles. Living in south east London as I do, that's all you ever see. Thousands of blokes who all look like the Mitchell Brothers off Eastenders.

I did love what he wore in that episode though, and I stand by my assertion that it was stylish!

ShadowMaat
November 1st, 2004, 04:48 AM
I did love what he wore in that episode though, and I stand by my assertion that it was stylish!
The wardrobe department has always loved Corin/Jonas and I have always loved them for it. ;) Well, except for that horrible, hot, heavy nightmare from his first ep. No wonder he looked uncomfortable and bug-eyed. If that collar had been any tighter he'd have choked to death! Bleah.

But yes, the tight t-shirts and tight pants and high Kelownan everydaywear fashion was indeed wonderful to look at. :)

GateGipsy
November 1st, 2004, 05:01 AM
I'm surprised you even noticed the hair! ;)

blueiris
November 1st, 2004, 07:34 AM
I'm surprised you even noticed the hair! ;)

Corin's hair, like RDA's, I like better short. Michael Shank's I liked better long. However, I think whatever hair, they are all hunks. Chris Judge though, I was just so used to no hair, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the having.....hair.

ShadowMaat
November 1st, 2004, 07:40 AM
If you've seen the collage pic on corinnemec.com, I like his hair that way. It's swept back out of his eyes so you can actually see his pretty face. ;) Maybe it isn't the length so much as the particular style that I don't like.

And as shallow and horrible as it is of me to say, I sincerely hope he's gotten a haircut recently because his hair in Fallout was miles better than the scraggly scrufty look he was sporting at the most recent Gatecon. Sorry, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. *cringes* Of course, I'll love him anyway, but it's easier when he has nice hair. :P

I wallow in my shallowness. :D

Persephone
November 2nd, 2004, 09:10 AM
My favorite Jonas hair is indisputedly the look he boasted in Fallen and Homecoming. A bit fuller and softer than the S6 standard, it just seemed to suit him so well.

I'll have to join the naysayers on the Fallout hairstyle. I wasn't a fan of it at all. Although if anybody wants a good laugh, I'd recommend watching the Fallout commentary. They make lots of jokes about his and Kianna's matching hair. LOL

I totally agree that Jonas should have been on Atlantis. It seems likely to me that the whole 'Ancient gene' idea probably had its roots in his character development, and it's almost a sure bet that he would have the gene and be even better with Ancient technology than Sheppard.

I miss him so much... I was very discouraged when I found out that his return appearance in Fallout was not due to 'hey, let's bring Jonas back, that'd be fun!' but rather Corin had a three-episode contract they were required to fill. Grr.

ShadowMaat
November 2nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
I have no interest in listening to TPTB make fun of Corin. If I thought it might be good-natured,, that'd be one thing, but with the vibe I get from them about Corin and Jonas... I'm not going there.

Besides, I'd have to buy the S7 discs in order to listen to it and I thought S7 was utter garbage. :P

marimba26
November 2nd, 2004, 01:26 PM
And as shallow and horrible as it is of me to say, I sincerely hope he's gotten a haircut recently because his hair in Fallout was miles better than the scraggly scrufty look he was sporting at the most recent Gatecon. Sorry, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. *cringes* Of course, I'll love him anyway, but it's easier when he has nice hair. :P

I wallow in my shallowness. :D

Put me down for a short hair preference too! That hair at Gatecon this year--oy! Dude, get a haircut! I must say that I gladly ignored it in favor of drooling over those gorgeous eyes though. I could get lost in his eyes :D

And I have to say that his newest agency pic (on the main page for corinnemec.com) is gorgeous! THUNK!!! :D :D :D

BTW, thanks for posting all the shirtless pics--YUM!!! :D :D

marimba26
November 2nd, 2004, 01:41 PM
My favorite Jonas hair is indisputedly the look he boasted in Fallen and Homecoming. A bit fuller and softer than the S6 standard, it just seemed to suit him so well.

Oh yes! Delicious! :D

<snip>

I totally agree that Jonas should have been on Atlantis. It seems likely to me that the whole 'Ancient gene' idea probably had its roots in his character development, and it's almost a sure bet that he would have the gene and be even better with Ancient technology than Sheppard.

I miss him so much... I was very discouraged when I found out that his return appearance in Fallout was not due to 'hey, let's bring Jonas back, that'd be fun!' but rather Corin had a three-episode contract they were required to fill. Grr.

I really miss his energy. I really felt the lack of it in S7 and now. A long time ago (seems like forever that RDA has been gone), RDA brought that energy to the show. Things got a bit stale in S5 but S6 was great bc the energy was back--and that was Corin! RDA had already reduced his schedule some but we didn't miss him bc we had a new character that made the show dynamic again.

Personally, I thought they should have kept him on and I was majorly disappointed when they didn't. I think his energy would have added a lot to the show that has been missing since TPTB pushed him aside.

Lt. Aiden Ford
December 8th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Wow, I'm really surprised at how easy it is to find pictures of Corin with his shirt off, not that I'm complaining. ;)

ShadowMaat
December 8th, 2004, 08:20 PM
And yet... Martin Wood said that Corin and RDA were the two most difficult people on the show regarding toplessness/nudity. *sigh* Such a shame. Corin looks sooo good. All that hard work has REALLY paid off! ;)

Lt. Aiden Ford
January 7th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Why is Jonas so rarely thunked after?

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/5962/jonasjacket0nt.jpg

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/2180/jonassoft0je.jpg

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/2593/jonassurprised4dg.jpg

ShadowMaat
January 7th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Because people allow their personal biases to get in the way of a good thunk. :P It's sad, but then again, it means more for me. :D

blueiris
January 7th, 2005, 06:39 PM
And yet... Martin Wood said that Corin and RDA were the two most difficult people on the show regarding toplessness/nudity. *sigh* Such a shame. Corin looks sooo good. All that hard work has REALLY paid off! ;)

I never heard that before. Interesting.

Osiris-RA
January 7th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Hey! A thunk! How intriguing. Can I participate? :D I'll admit, I used to not like the guy, I felt like he was intruding and trying to take over where Danny Boy was, But he kind of grew on me, and he takes such a nice picture! Here you go! ;)

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/8727/stargatesg1v2r1yr60772bw.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/uspose2.jpg
http://www.daisydownunder.com/images/jonas7.jpg
People always look smarter (and cooler) in glasses.

Hope they're not too big. This is the last time. Promise. :)

Osiris-RA
January 7th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Because people allow their personal biases to get in the way of a good thunk. :P It's sad, but then again, it means more for me. :D

Say, I kinda noted that about Teal'c too. I dunno, just seems kinda strange, but you make a good point.

blueiris
January 7th, 2005, 06:45 PM

Beats me. Jonas/Corin is a real cutie and I loved what he brought to the show. As sad as I was to see him leave (and I thought the good-bye scene was heart breaking), I am even sadder (and perhaps angry) to learn that he has not been treated with the respect the other actors have.

blueiris
January 7th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Hey! A thunk! How intriguing. Can I participate? :D I'll admit, I used to not like the guy, I felt like he was intruding and trying to take over where Danny Boy was, But he kind of grew on me, and he takes such a nice picture! Here you go! ;)

I snipped the pics since they were big.

But WOW, I enjoyed them. Its really nice to see Jonas again. I've just finished rewatching season 6 over the holiday and am quite in a Jonas thunking mood. :D

ShadowMaat
January 7th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Umm... the pics are a little TOO large. I love Jonas, but the images break the borders of the forum. I can hear all those poor people on dial-up screaming in thunky frustration... ;)

Hera
January 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I know what you mean! I just got S6 for Christmas, and right now I'm still on a major Jonas high :p

Buc252
January 7th, 2005, 08:02 PM

I adore Jonas, but I've never really thunked after him. I guess I just see him as so young and cute, I feel like I'm cradle-robbing if I thunk. <g> Okay, so I'm old! So shoot me!

<g>

Osiris-RA
January 7th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Umm... the pics are a little TOO large. I love Jonas, but the images break the borders of the forum. I can hear all those poor people on dial-up screaming in thunky frustration... ;)

Why do I keep forgetting about them?? UUUHHHHH!!!! next time, smaller, I promise.

Osiris-RA
January 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I adore Jonas, but I've never really thunked after him. I guess I just see him as so young and cute, I feel like I'm cradle-robbing if I thunk. <g> Okay, so I'm old! So shoot me!

<g>

Hey, nobody' ever too old to thunk! ;)

By the way, Is that David Duchovny in your sig?

Nice one!

Madeleine
January 8th, 2005, 08:15 AM

And are you keeping out of the Daniel Appreciation & Thunk Threads because of 'personal biases', or to leave more for the girls in there already? :P

Well... he spent half an ep in a wet t-shirt and yet there's no cap of it in here :confused: . I suspect he'd get thunked at a little more if there was a pic or two from Descent in here ;)

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 08:19 AM
And are you keeping out of the Daniel Appreciation & Thunk Threads because of 'personal biases', or to leave more for the girls in there already? :P
Because, sadly, I just can't enjoy the character as much as I used to. I'm also deeply afraid of Daniel fans, which you can chalk up to personal experience AND bias. It's also because there are so many people already thunking after him that I don't see much point in joining in. I'd be lucky to get a stray eyelash, whereas with Jonas, McKay and Baal, I might be able to get whole body parts to myself. :D

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM
How's this one (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/descap45.jpg)? Snagged from CorinNemec.com (http://www.corinnemec.com), of course. ;)

Madeleine
January 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM
True 'nuff. I'd be about 2,676th in the queue for Daniel, but I'm much nearer the front for Teal'c ;)

Descent had some very nice visuals :)

DJFavorite
January 8th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Because, sadly, I just can't enjoy the character as much as I used to. I'm also deeply afraid of Daniel fans, which you can chalk up to personal experience AND bias. It's also because there are so many people already thunking after him that I don't see much point in joining in. I'd be lucky to get a stray eyelash, whereas with Jonas, McKay and Baal, I might be able to get whole body parts to myself. :D

You can't be afraid of me!! I just don't believe it. (besides we have clones so we can all have him) You're lucky, you could get the "real thing". :D (Wait a minute, you did in London!!)

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 09:24 AM
You're lucky, you could get the "real thing". :D (Wait a minute, you did in London!!)
I got several hugs from Corin in London, yes. Golly, that was nice. :D

Frostfox
January 8th, 2005, 09:33 AM
I'd be lucky to get a stray eyelash

Oi! That's my eyelash, I saw it first!

I only post in the Daniel thunk thread but it doesn't stop me enjoying the pretty pictures in the other threads, I'm an equal oppotunities floozie and I'm a slasher so I have to watch my back from shippers. Not that I've had problems here and I've been in fandom for donkey's years so I have very thick skin.

Just for you, Shadow, freshly culled from the net -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/frostfox/jonas.jpg

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Yummy. :D It's just such a shame he was wasted on the show and not allowed to develop. *sigh* I think that's another reason he doesn't get as many thunkers. He wasn't allowed to stick around for very long and I don't think the writers did much to get rid of (or utilize) all the emotional baggage he had with him.

Incidentally, I think I may own that shirt. I definitely have one he wore in Redemption. Signed and everything. :D

blueiris
January 8th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Yummy. :D It's just such a shame he was wasted on the show and not allowed to develop. *sigh* I think that's another reason he doesn't get as many thunkers. He wasn't allowed to stick around for very long and I don't think the writers did much to get rid of (or utilize) all the emotional baggage he had with him.

Incidentally, I think I may own that shirt. I definitely have one he wore in Redemption... :D

I remember being so excited about the Jonas/Nirti episode. I told my husband I couldn't wait to see where that was headed. I wasn't involved on-line at the time and had no idea untill it happened that Jonas was leaving for good. So much potential wasted. :(

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I loved the Jonas/Nirrti stuff so much I wrote a fic about it. Probably a bit TOO angsty, and I did concentrate a little too much on certain... er... interactions due to my own, um, interest in Jonas, but it was still a lot of fun (in a horrible, wrenching sort of way) to write. :) I mean, that whole "offer" thing alone could have gone in so many interesting directions. *sigh* And then all the stuff that came later, that was great, but it went NOWHERE. :( It's probably my biggest complaint about the show. Of all the story arcs they've abandoned on the show (and there have been dozens, maybe hundreds), Jonas's sudden and basically permanent disassociation from the show is the one I object to the most.

blueiris
January 8th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I loved the Jonas/Nirrti stuff so much I wrote a fic about it. Probably a bit TOO angsty, and I did concentrate a little too much on certain... er... interactions due to my own, um, interest in Jonas, but it was still a lot of fun (in a horrible, wrenching sort of way) to write. :) I mean, that whole "offer" thing alone could have gone in so many interesting directions. *sigh* And then all the stuff that came later, that was great, but it went NOWHERE. :( It's probably my biggest complaint about the show. Of all the story arcs they've abandoned on the show (and there have been dozens, maybe hundreds), Jonas's sudden and basically permanent disassociation from the show is the one I object to the most.

I would love to read that fic, sounds interesting. Especially as I just rewatched those episodes, I want to see where it could go.

keshou
January 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I think Jonas/Corin is really cute. But I guess I'm with Buc - I have more of a motherly feeling towards him than a "thunking" feeling. Although those bare chest shots do get the blood pumping a little. ;) Nice bod.

I think part of the problem is he was only in one season, basically. And he's never mentioned anymore on the show so he's kind of fading from my memory. I'm old, ya know, and the memory isn't what it used to be. I really became interested in him after the whole Nirrti episode so I'm very sorry they dropped that storyline. I'm also very sorry we didn't get more Jonas/Daniel interaction - I liked their chemistry.

Of course I'm not much of a thunker anyway. I'll drop by the Jack and Daniel and Shep and McKay threads on occasion just to see all the pretty pictures -and tax the capabilities of my dial-up connection. There are some talented people who have great sig pics in those threads.

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I would love to read that fic, sounds interesting. Especially as I just rewatched those episodes, I want to see where it could go.
I have Lesser of Two (http://jonasfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=136) archived in a couple of places, including fanfiction.net, but the Jonasfic Archives will put you in the heart of more Jonasy goodness from a variety of people. ;) There are... adult themes, just to warn you. One of the most difficult concepts I've ever attempted to write, and not something I'd probably ever want to do again, but it just "worked" for me in that context.

DJFavorite
January 8th, 2005, 10:15 AM
There are some talented people who have great sig pics in those threads.

Just a quick note, over in the Daniel thread, all the credit goes to blingaway. She great with making sigs for everyone.

Shivan
January 25th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Oh gosh, I would of thought this thread would have much more posts! When I first saw Jonas/Corin I thought he was sexy but it was hard at first because I wasn't use to Daniel being gone and replaced. But soon enough I loved Jonas just as much!

He so deserves to come back to the show SOMETIME for some reason...

I think he deserves much more than 4 pages worth of posts though, he's just as adorable and likable as Daniel!

Personally Michael > Corin but both are really cute!!!

lucylou
January 28th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I absolutely loved Jonas. Season 6 is one of my favourites. I loved Corins portaryl of him and the way we got to see everything and everyone from a new and fresh perspective. Jonas was just adorable. The way he looked at everything was just totally innocent and the way he was always trying to prove that he was worthy to be at the SGC was always something that I loved. He was a character with so much potential and will remain one of my favourites in the shows history. I really wish they'd kept him on the show.

Lucy

ShadowMaat
January 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Amen. I thought Corin was a fabulous part of the show and, at the risk of repeating myself, he reminded me why I love the show. Of course, if it hadn't been for that, maybe I'd still think the show was as great as ever. :P

He's adorable and affable and so painfully eager to please... Poor Jonas. :(

Shivan
January 28th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Amen. I thought Corin was a fabulous part of the show and, at the risk of repeating myself, he reminded me why I love the show. Of course, if it hadn't been for that, maybe I'd still think the show was as great as ever. :P

He's adorable and affable and so painfully eager to please... Poor Jonas. :(

This thread gets like two posts a millenia! I'm already working on gathering some pics for the Sheppard Thunk thread.

I think I'm going to have to do it for this thread as well!

All the cuties deserve equal respect!
Daniel deserves just a little more respect...
But that's because Daniel is, of course, the hottest guy on the show. ;)

(I know I said Sheppard was, but I realized my errors.)

ShadowMaat
January 28th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Here's a rather snarky image (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/disloyalty2.jpg) I made. The pic of Jonas is from.... I'm not sure, actually. Possibly either Jackfic (http://www.jackfic.com) or Stargate Database (http://sgdb.theaquaria.net/). Or the Corin Nemec Site (http://www.corinnemec.com), they tend to have the best pics. The rest of it is from despair.com (http://www.despair.com) which is a wonderfully twisted site that I highly recommend. :) This one's kinda mean, I suppose, but more towards certain OTHER people than towards Jonas. :P

lucylou
January 29th, 2005, 02:23 AM
This thread gets like two posts a millenia! I'm already working on gathering some pics for the Sheppard Thunk thread.

I think I'm going to have to do it for this thread as well!

All the cuties deserve equal respect!
Daniel deserves just a little more respect...
But that's because Daniel is, of course, the hottest guy on the show. ;)

(I know I said Sheppard was, but I realized my errors.)

I think Jonas was the hottest guy on SG1 and I think McKay and Beckett are the cutest on Atlantis. Beckett's hot, McKay is just sexy on so many levels. Shep is cuuute but I prefer McKay and Beckett. It's all about personal taste lol.

Shivan
January 29th, 2005, 05:55 AM
I think Jonas was the hottest guy on SG1 and I think McKay and Beckett are the cutest on Atlantis. Beckett's hot, McKay is just sexy on so many levels. Shep is cuuute but I prefer McKay and Beckett. It's all about personal taste lol.

! When I started watching season 6 and right after I was introduced to Jonas I had a huge crush on him! :o

And at that time I did think he was the hottest guy on SG1.

I go through little phases, because the same thing happened with Sheppard.

But I always revert back to Daniel. There's something about that man that just does it for me. (Wait for my week long infatuation of Ben Browder, because it's gonna happen. :p)

Lt. Aiden Ford
January 29th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Jonas is certainly one of the hottest on SG-1, but he doesn't hold a candle to Ford if he comes to Atlantis. :D :P ;)

Jonas rocks my socks in a rubber box!

lucylou
January 29th, 2005, 01:17 PM
! When I started watching season 6 and right after I was introduced to Jonas I had a huge crush on him! :o

And at that time I did think he was the hottest guy on SG1.

I go through little phases, because the same thing happened with Sheppard.

But I always revert back to Daniel. There's something about that man that just does it for me. (Wait for my week long infatuation of Ben Browder, because it's gonna happen. :p)

Daniel does have nice eyes, arms and pouty lips but Jonas was just so cute and muscley and adorable and I just wanted to hug him all the time lol. He's so my favourite SG1 guy :) What are all of your favourite Jonas episodes?

Lucy

lucylou
January 29th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Ford is indeedy cute but I still prefer McKay and Beckett. There's just something about McKay that is sooo....I can't find the word lol. Anyways Stargate has deffinately had a lot of cuties on it, not that I watch just for the looks or anything ;)

zahncrelnik
February 4th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I love Jonas. I loved the way through season 6 you kind of saw Earth and the SG through his eyes - we never really got a chance to see Teal'c do that. He had a really good dynamic with Teal'c - Jonas was a good foil to Teal'c's seriousness. .......

Corin Nemec sure did a good job in the unenviable position of replacing
a beloved character. While I am glad that Michael Shanks returned,
I wish we could see Jonas once in a while.

lord-anubis
February 4th, 2005, 11:48 AM
i just bought stargate season 6 box set and after watching it. i don't see why people did not like jonas. i all ways like him he was funny and for the frist 6 eps he was eating or drinking in every seen. i pobly like him beacsue when i frist saw seen 6. i had not seen season 5 beacsue i never had showtime and i only saw stargate on raguler tv. so for the first 30 mins i had no idea that daniel was dead.

blueiris
February 14th, 2005, 09:42 AM
I felt the need to appreciate Jonas after reading a fic this weekend. It was a very good fic set in the beginning of S6 and had Jonas not quite accepted by Jack and not liked either. It was a good story and I thought by the end Jonas would be an accepted member of the team. But he wasn't, and I was disappointed I had read it at all.

Jonas, I luv ya.

Lys
March 6th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I miss Jonas being on the team. He was one of the funniest characters. I loved his brother/sister relationship with Sam.:) I loved how he became Teal'c apprentice.:D

I miss him.:( :(

Buc252
March 6th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I miss Jonas being on the team. He was one of the funniest characters. I loved his brother/sister relationship with Sam.:) I loved how he became Teal'c apprentice.:D

I miss him.:( :(

I agree, and it's long past time for this thread - which I didn't even know existed - to be awakened!

Here's a question for all the Jonas fans: We saw in Fallen that Jonas would definitely rather be back with SG1 than where he is in his own government, and that he missed going through the gate. If you were re-introducing him back into the show, how would you do it?

Personally, I have a scenario in my mind where SG1 goes back to Kelowna (or is called back) and Jonas is quite sick. As it turns out, the lack of life-affirming challenges on Kelowna has taken away his will to live, and he just doesn't care anymore. He's making no progress with getting them to get along, and nobody is listening. Those in charge realize that, as much as they want him, he just doesn't belong with them anymore, and release him to be returned to the SGC. There, under the affectionate caring of the SGC and his team, he returns to full health to help them battle the goa'uld once more. He's made the SG1 diplomatic specialist, Daniel goes back to doing archeology and linguistics, which he does so well, and the team of five is fully functional once more.

Okay, sappy, yes, but . . . <g>

Lys
March 6th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I have this idea that he goes back to the SGC for some scientific stuff, maybe an experience about the naquadria and he needs Sam's help with it. When he's on Earth, Kelowna becomes Baal's next target. We all know this Goa'uld isn't an idiot,:D he certainly had another spy on Kelowna, not only Kianna. Baal takes control of Kelowna and Jonas can't go home. Instead he goes back to SG1, where he belongs !:D

Angelique
March 6th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Just had to come by and say, I loved season 6 because of Jonas. :D

http://img233.exs.cx/img233/5493/jonas49tu.th.jpg (http://img233.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img233&image=jonas49tu.jpg)

ShadowMaat
March 6th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I came up with an idea a while ago where it turns out Nirrti isn't dead... Although it could just as easily be Ba'al. She (or he) has, unbeknownst to Jonas, cut a deal with the Kelownan government. Kelowna will be protected and defended in exchange for all of the Ancient artifacts left behind... as well as some genetic samples to assist in the production of a hok'taur. Something of great value (and potential danger) is discovered.

Initially, Jonas's government simply tries to keep the info of the collusion from him, but he becomes increasingly suspicious of things and eventually discovers what has been happening. He tries to send a warning back to Earth, but is captured and sent off to Nirrti, who has some particularly unpleasant plans in store for him.

However, Jonas's aborted attempt to warn Earth meets with partial success as part of the transmission was received by Stargate Command. Carter heads up a mission to go investigate what has happened, but when they get there, everyone says everything is fine... but they can't see Jonas because he's busy. Carter is getting very frustrated and Daniel happens to notice a few oddish details. They decide to investigate, but are quickly discovered and kicked off the planet. Not before figuring out that Jonas is missing, though, and Daniel has a pretty good idea what happened.

Nirrti uses Jonas to access an Ancient repository (since we all know he has the gene ;)) and through his knowledge/abilities finds a way to harness a dangerous power that could effectively turn her into a real god. She's thwarted at the last minue by the timely arrival of SG-1 and Jonas and all the Ancient goodies are rescued.

Jonas decides that he's fed up with trying to do good on Kelowna- his government is too corrupt and the other governments aren't much better. He's been fighting an uphill battle every step of the way and no one ever listens to what he has to say. Possibly he has once again been made outcast in Kelowna, if his government decides to blame HIM for the involvement with the Goa'uld, saying he did it without there knowledge. Or possibly, Nirrti has tested out her weapon (or whatever) on Langara (good way to keep others from discovering anything she overlooked or from tracing it back to her) and there is no "home" to return to. Any way you look at it, Jonas is once again orphaned and taken in by the SGC.

The wealth of stuff uncovered by Nirrti happens to include a fully-charged ZPM as well as some gadgets that could turn the tide in the new war against the Wraith. Jonas and the goodies are sent in a care package to Atlantis, where he is welcomed with open arms. Well, except for the usual snide remarks from McKay. ;)

Lys
March 6th, 2005, 02:07 PM
I came up with an idea a while ago where it turns out Nirrti isn't dead... Although it could just as easily be Ba'al. She (or he) has, unbeknownst to Jonas, cut a deal with the Kelownan government. Kelowna will be protected and defended in exchange for all of the Ancient artifacts left behind... as well as some genetic samples to assist in the production of a hok'taur. Something of great value (and potential danger) is discovered.

Initially, Jonas's government simply tries to keep the info of the collusion from him, but he becomes increasingly suspicious of things and eventually discovers what has been happening. He tries to send a warning back to Earth, but is captured and sent off to Nirrti, who has some particularly unpleasant plans in store for him.

However, Jonas's aborted attempt to warn Earth meets with partial success as part of the transmission was received by Stargate Command. Carter heads up a mission to go investigate what has happened, but when they get there, everyone says everything is fine... but they can't see Jonas because he's busy. Carter is getting very frustrated and Daniel happens to notice a few oddish details. They decide to investigate, but are quickly discovered and kicked off the planet. Not before figuring out that Jonas is missing, though, and Daniel has a pretty good idea what happened.

Nirrti uses Jonas to access an Ancient repository (since we all know he has the gene ;)) and through his knowledge/abilities finds a way to harness a dangerous power that could effectively turn her into a real god. She's thwarted at the last minue by the timely arrival of SG-1 and Jonas and all the Ancient goodies are rescued.

Jonas decides that he's fed up with trying to do good on Kelowna- his government is too corrupt and the other governments aren't much better. He's been fighting an uphill battle every step of the way and no one ever listens to what he has to say. Possibly he has once again been made outcast in Kelowna, if his government decides to blame HIM for the involvement with the Goa'uld, saying he did it without there knowledge. Or possibly, Nirrti has tested out her weapon (or whatever) on Langara (good way to keep others from discovering anything she overlooked or from tracing it back to her) and there is no "home" to return to. Any way you look at it, Jonas is once again orphaned and taken in by the SGC.

The wealth of stuff uncovered by Nirrti happens to include a fully-charged ZPM as well as some gadgets that could turn the tide in the new war against the Wraith. Jonas and the goodies are sent in a care package to Atlantis, where he is welcomed with open arms. Well, except for the usual snide remarks from McKay. ;)

Is it written ? If not are actually writing it ? If not, please do. I like it, especially the snide remarks from McKay !:D

ShadowMaat
March 6th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I might have to put the plot bunny up for adoption (I've been doing that a lot lately). ;) I'm too busy working on an original novel right now and I have another completed original story that needs some serious going-over.

Lys
March 6th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I might have to put the plot bunny up for adoption (I've been doing that a lot lately). ;) I'm too busy working on an original novel right now and I have another completed original story that needs some serious going-over.

I'm sure someone would love to adopt this little cute bunny:) . Nobody would want to leave it alone.;)

StarzSkyMoon
March 6th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Yes a jonas thread!!!

I fell in love with jonas at the line from redemption "how do you know what to wear"
Cracked me up, and i still love him

I do like daniel better, but jonas brought such an innocence to the show, and i wished that wouldnt have dropped kicked him as soon as daniel came back.

I think MS and CN would have had an awesome dynamic, but they were in vary little episodes together which is a pity

:cool: Liz

Easter Lily
March 6th, 2005, 03:45 PM
A Jonas thread?
Did someone dig this out of the dungeons of the forum???

I was itching the whole time that I revisited Season 6 to go on about Jonas and now I can... ;) I made a whole stack of screencaps just in case.

Here's a pic of Jonas from Nightwalkers...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/NemecNightstalkers.jpg

macktheknife
March 6th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I heartily endorse this event or product.

Jonas should be on atlantis, i mean if they replace ford, they might as well replace him with someone usefull and worthwhile and a good character.

lucylou
March 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Awwww man i miss Jonas so much and that screencap reminded me of his total cuteness. I loved the way we got to see the SGC through his eyes and got to experience it from a whole new perspective. They totally made a mistake when they let him go :(

Lucy

Easter Lily
March 6th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I noticed that some people said that he was underdeveloped but I never thought that... I really thought he added a whole new dimension to the dynamics of the SGC. The people around him were conducting business as usual but here he was... wandering through everything like a wide-eyed child. That was his true charm... he was an alien and he acted like one. Everything was new to him and he lapped it all in. Travelling through space for the first time would be exciting and he conveyed that enthusiasm so well. Also, the nagging angst that he felt as a foreigner never really fitting in I found interesting and he always felt like he had to try twice as hard as everyone else. That he was bordering on genius was the icing on the cake. He is the boy-next-door with brains...

I really liked Jonas in Nightwalkers, hence the pic... here he got to play Sherlock Holmes and I thoroughly enjoyed that. His observations of the townspeople, of his enviroment was nicely done. That he did it in that matter-of-fact way just makes his innate innocence all the more obvious.

ShadowMaat
March 6th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Here's my own addition to the thunkable pics (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/descap45.jpg).

*sigh* How can you go wrong with a look like that?? ;)

naq_oneill
March 6th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Jonas Quinn is awesome!!! such a babe

scaryperson
March 6th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I cannot comprehend how few posts there are in this thread in comparison to, well, other male thunk/appreciation threads!

I mean, when i heard that Corin Nemek was replacing Daniel for an entire season, i went ballistic (with rage) but to have someone like the character of Jonas was perfect for filling his shoes, they're both intellectual, but i think, on a different level, i mean, Jonas had the oh so irresistable innocent charm :p

And i loved the Night Walkers side to him too Easter Lily :D
I'm just dissapointed he's gone....:(

--Tan

naq_oneill
March 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
ya know-I say this with great caution...I think jonas was better than daniel*ducks flying objects* I thought season 6 was the best season until 8 of course ;) but I really wish they would bring jonas back for some more appearances! :cool:

ShadowMaat
March 6th, 2005, 08:17 PM
ya know-I say this with great caution...I think jonas was better than daniel*ducks flying objects* I thought season 6 was the best season until 8 of course ;) but I really wish they would bring jonas back for some more appearances! :cool:
You're safe from harm on THIS thread, that's fer sure. ;)

Daniel was good for four seasons, but I really liked Jonas in his one-plus season. :) Six is still my favorite and I haven't liked any season since then.

It's too bad TPTB have it in for Jonas and plan to never bring him back. Lots of potential in that caracter. The fact that THEY don't see it only proves that they need to retire. :P

naq_oneill
March 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
You're safe from harm on THIS thread, that's fer sure. ;)

Daniel was good for four seasons, but I really liked Jonas in his one-plus season. :) Six is still my favorite and I haven't liked any season since then.

It's too bad TPTB have it in for Jonas and plan to never bring him back. Lots of potential in that caracter. The fact that THEY don't see it only proves that they need to retire. :P

hi shadow! I agree!! It irks me that shanks decides he doesnt want to be on the show for whatever reason-so he "ascends" and then nemec comes on and rocks the place until shanks decides he wants in again...they really handed it to nemec :( he didnt deserve to be dropped off the face of the earth like that..literally :rolleyes: oh well-at least there's re-runs and dvd sets :cool:

ShadowMaat
March 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Season six is the ONLY SG-1 DVD set I've bought. :)

And I think Jonas deserved better, too, but... as they say, "there's always fanfic." :)

It's just sad to think that sometimes the fanfic feels more "right" than the show itself.

scaryperson
March 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I agree, i mean, with season 9, and RDA not in it at all as we know.... then TPTB should've used that opportunity to bring back Jonas, i miss him so much :(

Why do TPTB keep missing valuable opportunities to keep fans completely hooked though? It'd clearly benefit them, but no, not a thought of it.......

--Tan

naq_oneill
March 6th, 2005, 08:32 PM
honestly, I dont really think TPTB are trying too hard anymore-it won't go past season 9 so it's like it's just dwindling down to nothing.after it's over-I'm all done-I really don't care much for atlantis(although I am trying) so if it doesn't pick up for me..I will be relying on re-runs :rolleyes:

Easter Lily
March 6th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Season six is the ONLY SG-1 DVD set I've bought. :)
And I think Jonas deserved better, too, but... as they say, "there's always fanfic." :)
It's just sad to think that sometimes the fanfic feels more "right" than the show itself.

Wow... I was just saying to my husband just last week that Season 6 is the only one that I'm remotely interested in buying. We usually borrow the box sets from our friend but after watching Season 6... I was thinking... this is the best season... it's got great stories, but more importantly it had continuity and I think Jonas brought that sense of continuity. And there isn't a single episode in it that I don't like... which is weird... The Other Guys was cheeky but I did see the humour of it the second time.
I definitely agree with people's comments about Jonas being unceremoniously dropped like a hot potato.

Lys
March 6th, 2005, 11:23 PM
How could you resist such a smile ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_454.jpg

Easter Lily
March 6th, 2005, 11:31 PM
I don't even want to... ;)

Lys
March 6th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I don't even want to... ;)

No, don't ;) Enjoy ! Here's another one ::)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_943.jpg

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2005, 12:12 AM
No, don't ;) Enjoy ! Here's another one ::)

*Sigh* those pearly whites... they're my undoing...

:D

Lys
March 7th, 2005, 12:23 AM
What about this one ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_560.jpg

He looks great in the fleecy jacket. Well, he looks great in everything !:D
Did you notice the evr present notebook ? Gotta love a guy who always carries a notebook.:)

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Here's some from Shadow Play:
The first one's a favourite... it's got that knowing look...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/NemecShadowPlay.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/NemecShadowPlay2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/NemecShadowPlay3.jpg

Shivan
March 7th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Jonas deserves so much more attention... :(
It's sad.

He's cute and adorable and I just want to hug him!
I'm so pro-Jonas. :D

Lys
March 7th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Hmm, Shadow Play ! If he still had any sort of trust in his governemnt before he completely lost all of it in this one. He had this sad smile at the end at Dr Kieran bedside.:( It doesn't reach his eyes. :( I so wanted to hug him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_1950.jpg

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2005, 03:17 AM
I was really moved by that impassioned plea he made to the Kelownan leaders to dissuade them from using the naquadria bomb... that was one of those amazing Jonas moments...
*sniff, sob*

Lys
March 7th, 2005, 03:30 AM
I was really moved by that impassioned plea he made to the Kelownan leaders to dissuade them from using the naquadria bomb... that was one of those amazing Jonas moments...
*sniff, sob*

Shadow Play had many amazing Jonas moments, as did the rest of season 6. Sniff, sniff, :( Can I mourn with you ?

smurf
March 7th, 2005, 03:43 AM
CN did such a good job with Shadow Play, without the lines he still showed you how Jonas lost everything. Just wanted to hug him all the way through. Awww.

I kinda liked him from the start in Meridian. The way he smiled and did that thing about Teal'c's symbol, not too happy about his scene between him & O'Neill but I suppose you have to have SG-1 have some sort of input into his decision.

Have to say he was probably one of the best things to have happened to SG-1 for me, S6 easily my favourite season. Most of 4 & 5 it became just TV wallpaper, only got back into it after season 6.

I miss Jonas.

ShadowMaat
March 7th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Personally, I think that most of the success of the character rests solely on the shoulders of Corin Nemec. TPTB didn't seem to want him there, others certainly didn't seem to want him there, and the development of Jonas was half-hearted with best, with most of the outstanding stuff being written by non-PTB and/or put off until it was too late.

Corin, IMO, put everything into his portrayal and that is what made the character so great and that, combined with Corin's absolute professionalism despite the utter shafting he received, is why he's one of my favorite actors. :)

Lys
March 7th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Shadow, I agree with you. I just wish Metamorphosis and Prophecy were in the middle of the season and not in the last part. There was a perfect storyline and an opportunity for character development with Jonas, but we never saw the end of the story. :( Sadly, we will never see it.:(

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Corin, IMO, put everything into his portrayal and that is what made the character so great and that, combined with Corin's absolute professionalism despite the utter shafting he received, is why he's one of my favorite actors. :)

I agree... the fact that he was unceremoniously shafted and still remains unembittered by the whole situation speaks volumes about his character. It's so nice to see an actor of our generation conduct himself with so much dignity and integrity...

smurf
March 7th, 2005, 02:46 PM
What I love about how he acts the character is the little character quirks he puts in outside his lines. He never just stands there waiting for the next line to come up. A bit like RDA (before O'Neill turned completely comedy :mad: ), you can actually see what the character is thinking.

Great actor. When I did an imdb search on him I was surprised to find he played the title character in "I Know My First Name Is Steven". I remember watching this years ago and being blown away by the kid's acting.

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I like the fact that he's made that transition from being a child actor to an adult actor...

Your comment made me think about when I first saw Corin on Stargate... I was staring at his face for quite a while thinking... "who is this guy, who is this guy, man... he looks so familiar". I wasn't part of Stargate fandom then, so I had no idea who was coming or going. Then my brother told me that it was "Parker Lewis" and my response was ... "of course it is!"
Thinking about Parker Lewis takes me back quite a few years now... he must've been in his late teens or early twenties...

smurf
March 7th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I never got to see Parker Lewis, would love to though but they haven't released it on dvd.
Have you seen the Toby Keith video for "Beer for my horses"? Not at all sensible, don't think some of those screen caps are going to end up in this thread. :p :D

Also unfortunately I think we have seen how Jonas' story ends, just without Jonas in it.
Ancient genes anyone?

Lys
March 7th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Also unfortunately I think we have seen how Jonas' story ends, just without Jonas in it.
Ancient genes anyone?

Sure, It would have been more believable if Jonas had been the one with the Ancient genes. We had hints of his different genetic make-up thanks to Nirrti, but for Jack, it nearly came out of nowhere. :(

ShadowMaat
March 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Whoops, didn't realize I'd already posted the Wet Jonas pic earlier in the thread. But it's such a YUMMY pic! :D

Anyway, here are some more to make up for my mistake.

a kiss to build a dream on (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/kiss.jpg)
that winning smile (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/smile1.jpg)
DNA has never looked so sexy (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/dna3.jpg)
still holding his... breath (http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/wetjonas2.jpg)

I just love how that DNA strand caresses his neck... ;) And dang, if I was that girl, I'd know that Jonas is the REAL treasure! :D

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2005, 03:45 PM
The second pic... I really like... he looks so adorable...

Didn't THAT GIRL say in the end that she did like Jonas... sort of... in a backhanded sort of way...
Yeah, he's a smart cookie... that one

Shadow... do you know anything about that ring that he wears...

naq_oneill
March 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I'm lovin this thread :D

smurf
March 7th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the pics Shadow!
Love that scene in the third pic, one of my favourite Jonas scenes (of which there are many ;) ). Just one question, did he act that way because he's smart and was playing along, or because he's such a sweet adorable geek?

Easter Lily, I don't think they ever explained the ring - not a surprise since they didn't bother telling us much about Jonas :rolleyes: Think CN quite liked the idea that it might have been his Grandfather's ring.

ShadowMaat
March 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Just one question, did he act that way because he's smart and was playing along, or because he's such a sweet adorable geek?
Not sure what you mean. He was obviously playing to her greed by flashing all the gold and goodies, but I think he was completely floored by her reaction- totally caught off guard. Hence, the dropping of the "treasure". ;) He's super smart, but he's still so achingly innocent in some ways...

smurf
March 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I meant the reaction after the kiss.
But you've covered both bases there :) , I'm going for adorable geek myself.

ShadowMaat
March 7th, 2005, 05:59 PM
I meant the reaction after the kiss.
But you've covered both bases there :) , I'm going for adorable geek myself.
Blushing horribly and stammering like a kid? ;)

smurf
March 7th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Blushing horribly and stammering like a kid? ;)

A chaste 1950s geek then :p :D

ShadowMaat
March 7th, 2005, 06:11 PM
A chaste 1950s geek then :p :D
Yup. I took him at his word when he said he didn't trust a girl who kissed on a first date. I did some research into dating in the 50's for that Metamorphosis fic I wrote. Didn't end up using any of it, but it was still interesting to read about that stuff. And then you look at parents freaking out over kids today... and wonder what it'll be like 50 years down the road. *pause* Actually, I don't WANT to know. If things are this bad now... *shudder*

Buc252
March 7th, 2005, 06:16 PM

That's nothin to duck over - I am in 100% agreement with you. Especially after Daniel's attitude change for the worse that began in S4.

Buc252
March 7th, 2005, 06:33 PM
What about this one ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_560.jpg

He looks great in the fleecy jacket. Well, he looks great in everything !:D
Did you notice the evr present notebook ? Gotta love a guy who always carries a notebook.:)

I've always been intrigued by the notebook, and Jonas' humble-ness. (Is that a word?)

I'll explain: As far back as Season 1, we've seen Daniel's notes. He uses elaborate, leather-bound journals, that really remind the viewer that this man is a man with at least one (probably more) doctorates, and is paid to reflect that. He's educated, and despite being an orphan, has become accustomed to having some of the finer things that a doctorate can bring.

Now, consider Jonas. He uses a black-n-white composition notebook, the kind you can buy for 98 cents at the PX and he uses them gratefully and proudly. He's not ashamed he doesn't have the best money can buy. It began that it was probably all he could get, but even if whatever pay they granted him improved, he probably wouldn't go out looking for a fancier notebook.

Jonas is probably the most humble character I've seen in a long time on TV. He takes only what he needs, and makes do with what he has.

Sheesh, that sounded kinda preachy, didn't it? LOL

Buc252
March 7th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Shadow, I agree with you. I just wish Metamorphosis and Prophecy were in the middle of the season and not in the last part. There was a perfect storyline and an opportunity for character development with Jonas, but we never saw the end of the story. :( Sadly, we will never see it.:(

I adored those eps, too, but I have to admit, Prophecy made me a bit angry. Here they have this great episode that goes to huge lengths to show Jonas how he is not only welcomed and appreciated, but *needed* and *wanted*. And while I'm watching this scene, I'd recently heard the news that MS was coming back and Jonas/CN was being kicked by the side of the road for him.

Everything the episode said was trash once you knew what was going to happen the next year. It was infuriating.

Buc252
March 7th, 2005, 06:44 PM
The second pic... I really like... he looks so adorable...

Didn't THAT GIRL say in the end that she did like Jonas... sort of... in a backhanded sort of way...
Yeah, he's a smart cookie... that one

Shadow... do you know anything about that ring that he wears...

I thought I'd heard that the ring was Corin's grandfather's or something, and that he accidentally forgot to take it off in one scene. After that, they decided to make it permanent, but had to make a replica of it for the costume department because they won't allow an actor to wear their own jewelry on set in case it gets damaged.

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who dropped some tidbit about Corin/Jonas' ring...
I suppose I'm the kind of person that notices rings being rather fond of them myself... also the fact that no one else in Stargate wears them either. ;)

Buc252: Humble-ness is okay... but mostly we use "humility"... ;)
I agree with you... I think it makes Jonas so much the more endearing...

It seems to me that everybody on SG1 is so intent on hiding how they feel most of the time... and in comes Jonas who is not backwards in coming forwards about how he notices people's reaction to him. I find that in interacting with Carter, he really draws her out...

Lys
March 7th, 2005, 10:05 PM
It seems to me that everybody on SG1 is so intent on hiding how they feel most of the time... and in comes Jonas who is not backwards in coming forwards about how he notices people's reaction to him. I find that in interacting with Carter, he really draws her out...

I agree, Sam never had such a relaxed friendship with any other member of her team. Jonas is the only one she teased so much. :) I really miss the Sam Carter, smiling, fun and really caring we had in season 6 because of her friendship with Jonas.
Come on, the opening scene of Metamorphosis, it was so great !:)

smurf
March 8th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I agree, Sam never had such a relaxed friendship with any other member of her team. Jonas is the only one she teased so much. :) I really miss the Sam Carter, smiling, fun and really caring we had in season 6 because of her friendship with Jonas.
Come on, the opening scene of Metamorphosis, it was so great !:)

Oh, that's another thing that annoyed me so much about them getting rid of Jonas. Sam & Teal'c were so much more interesting and, well, better in season 6. They've become complete shadows since he left.

Lys
March 8th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I adored those eps, too, but I have to admit, Prophecy made me a bit angry. Here they have this great episode that goes to huge lengths to show Jonas how he is not only welcomed and appreciated, but *needed* and *wanted*. And while I'm watching this scene, I'd recently heard the news that MS was coming back and Jonas/CN was being kicked by the side of the road for him.

Everything the episode said was trash once you knew what was going to happen the next year. It was infuriating.

There was something worse for me. In Full Circle we had Jack being nice to Jonas, great ! at least it happened once. And then, in Fallen, as soon as Daniel is back, Jack forgets everything about Jonas. There isn't even some concern about him after being captured by Anubis. That was a shock for me because usually Jack cares for everyone in his team, and he had a first hand experience with Baal. I didn't know if I wanted to completely dislike Jack for this or if I had to assume that he was just written completely out of character. :(

Seshat
March 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM
There was something worse for me. In Full Circle we had Jack being nice to Jonas, great ! at least it happened once. And then, in Fallen, as soon as Daniel is back, Jack forgets everything about Jonas. There isn't even some concern about him after being captured by Anubis. That was a shock for me because usually Jack cares for everyone in his team, and he had a first hand experience with Baal. I didn't know if I wanted to completely dislike Jack for this or if I had to assume that he was just written completely out of character. :(
I agree with you Lys. I , too, felt that it was out of character for Jack to have not bonded more with Jonas by that time and shown more concern for him. I don't know whether it was written that way in the scripts or just looked that way because of the editing in the season 6 eps. :(

Lys
March 8th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I agree with you Lys. I , too, felt that it was out of character for Jack to have not bonded more with Jonas by that time and shown more concern for him. I don't know whether it was written that way in the scripts or just looked that way because of the editing in the season 6 eps. :(

Well, I think it was written that way. I can only remember two times when Jack and Jonas got a "real conversation", the first time at the end of Redemption II, and it was barely a conversation, and the second time was in Full Circle.
Every other time, Jack completely dismissed whatever Jonas said. The main example for me being in Unnatural Selection. Jonas wanted to learn more about the Replicators and Jack didn't listen until Sam said exactly the same thing and only then, Jack agreed to go back to the structure.:(

Seshat
March 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Well, I think it was written that way. I can only remember two times when Jack and Jonas got a "real conversation", the first time at the end of Redemption II, and it was barely a conversation, and the second time was in Full Circle.
Every other time, Jack completely dismissed whatever Jonas said. The main example for me being in Unnatural Selection. Jonas wanted to learn more about the Replicators and Jack didn't listen until Sam said exactly the same thing and only then, Jack agreed to go back to the structure.:(
I seem to remember (and please feel free to correct me) that some regret was expressed on the director's part for the end of Homecoming (on the DVD commentary) re: Jonas' sendoff scenes. I just attributed any awkwardness to both the writing and editing of the scene. I know I felt especially bad about how Jonas' departure was handled.

Lys
March 8th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I seem to remember (and please feel free to correct me) that some regret was expressed on the director's part for the end of Homecoming (on the DVD commentary) re: Jonas' sendoff scenes. I just attributed any awkwardness to both the writing and editing of the scene. I know I felt especially bad about how Jonas' departure was handled.

I think I remember that too. Though I'm not very sure I understood everything of what what said ( English not being my mother language ). I really didn't like that scene, it felt so cold, only Sam seemed sincere. :(
What I really didn't like is that it wasn't the last scene of the episode. I have nothing against Daniel's return, but he had almost every scene of Fallen dedicated to him, I thought Homecoming should have been devoted to Jonas and the last scene too.

Seshat
March 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I think I remember that too. Though I'm not very sure I understood everything of what what said ( English not being my mother language ). I really didn't like that scene, it felt so cold, only Sam seemed sincere. :(
What I really didn't like is that it wasn't the last scene of the episode. I have nothing against Daniel's return, but he had almost every scene of Fallen dedicated to him, I thought Homecoming should have been devoted to Jonas and the last scene too.
I also thought more time should have been spent on Jonas' experience and feelings at going home in Homecoming, instead of shunting him off through the round swirly thing and everyone going immediately back to business as usual almost as though he'd never been there. And this comes from a Daniel devotee! I just felt Jonas' character deserved more credit. And I don't think that Fallout made up for it enough.

Lys
March 8th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I also thought more time should have been spent on Jonas' experience and feelings at going home in Homecoming, instead of shunting him off through the round swirly thing and everyone going immediately back to business as usual almost as though he'd never been there. And this comes from a Daniel devotee! I just felt Jonas' character deserved more credit. And I don't think that Fallout made up for it enough.

Well, I'm not a big Daniel fan. I used to be but didn't like how he changed. But I'd like to know your feeling about something. One of the main complaints about Jonas was that he was a carbon copy of Daniel. I never had this feeling and had always thought that they were completely different. They just happened to serve the same role in SG1 and they shared the same office. That's why I think that a five man team would have been great, with Daniel being the archeologist /linguist and Jonas the diplomat. What do you think ?

Seshat
March 8th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Well, I'm not a big Daniel fan. I used to be but didn't like how he changed. But I'd like to know your feeling about something. One of the main complaints about Jonas was that he was a carbon copy of Daniel. I never had this feeling and had always thought that they were completely different. They just happened to serve the same role in SG1 and they shared the same office. That's why I think that a five man team would have been great, with Daniel being the archeologist /linguist and Jonas the diplomat. What do you think ?
Oh, I NEVER in any way felt that Jonas was a Daniel copy. He was a distinct and different character who brought a terrifically fresh sensibility to the show. I felt, however, that perhaps the writers had some trouble making a real distinction between the two men. For example, I thought it was easy to see which of the season 6 episodes had originally been written with Daniel's character in mind, and then retrofitted for Jonas. I believed that this was a big mistake on the writers' part - not doing more character development for Jonas in the S6 scripts. Most of what I saw as real development came directly from what CN brought to the role, bless him.

As for a five-member team, I'm not sure how I feel. Certainly Jonas could have been brought in more often in later seasons in those situations where Daniel's participation was not as useful. I'm just not sure that the writers knew how to handle two supersmart male characters successfully.

This is also one of the reasons I believe that SG1 has only one smart female team member. ;)

Lys
March 8th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Oh, I NEVER in any way felt that Jonas was a Daniel copy. He was a distinct and different character who brought a terrifically fresh sensibility to the show. I felt, however, that perhaps the writers had some trouble making a real distinction between the two men. For example, I thought it was easy to see which of the season 6 episodes had originally been written with Daniel's character in mind, and then retrofitted for Jonas. I believed that this was a big mistake on the writers' part - not doing more character development for Jonas in the S6 scripts. Most of what I saw as real development came directly from what CN brought to the role, bless him.

As for a five-member team, I'm not sure how I feel. Certainly Jonas could have been brought in more often in later seasons in those situations where Daniel's participation was not as useful. I'm just not sure that the writers knew how to handle two supersmart male characters successfully.

This is also one of the reasons I believe that SG1 has only one smart female team member. ;)

I'm sure you're thinking of Frozen and Cure. ;) It's funny because that's really with these episodes that I saw the differences between them. Maybe because the script was so blatantly written for Daniel that it was easier for me to imagine how this one would have reacted in such situations. I too felt that the main character development for Jonas was brought by CN and not by the writers.

Seshat
March 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I'm sure you're thinking of Frozen and Cure. ;) It's funny because that's really with these episodes that I saw the differences between them. Maybe because the script was so blatantly written for Daniel that it was easier for me to imagine how this one would have reacted in such situations. I too felt that the main character development for Jonas was brought by CN and not by the writers.
Yes, those were EXACTLY the two episodes that I was thinking of when I responded to your post. I thought that these were both quite interesting eps, that still would have been better served by rewriting for Jonas' character's perspective instead of just "plugging him in" to the role. It never ceased to amaze me watching these eps just how much Colin was doing to bring a fresh spin to the role as written. Gotta love him for that. :)

Lys
March 8th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, those were EXACTLY the two episodes that I was thinking of when I responded to your post. I thought that these were both quite interesting eps, that still would have been better served by rewriting for Jonas' character's perspective instead of just "plugging him in" to the role. It never ceased to amaze me watching these eps just how much Colin was doing to bring a fresh spin to the role as written. Gotta love him for that. :)

There's something that comes to my mind regarding Cure. When they discovered who was really the Goa'uld queen, Jonas wanted them to tell the truth to the Tok'ra. I think that in his mind they couldn't lie, because lies are wrong. I assume Daniel would have had the relation between Earth and the Tok'ra instead of telling the truth or not. Little things that come to my mind when I'm thinking of them in the same situation. :)
And I've always wondered how Daniel would have reacted to Fifth in Unnatural Selection.:S

ShadowMaat
March 8th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Jonas, for example, would never have been conceited enough to try and bully Ba'al's lo'taur into defecting despite all of the mounting evidence that said lo'taur was well and truly devoted to his god. He knows when to push a point, but he also knows when to back off and let his points grow on their own.

He's good at letting people figure things out for themselves. :) He gives them a nudge in the right direction and steps back. Daniel would just browbeat a person and harass them and beg and plead and lose his temper trying to prove that HE is right and everyone else is wrong.

smurf
March 8th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I have to admit (whisper it quietly, or shout it loud) that Daniel has never been my favourite character precisely because of that.
There is a certain arrogance and strident moral certainty about Daniel that really puts me off him. I suppose that's why I always had O'Neill as my favourite, there's something a bit more grey area about him, and when I look at Jonas I always see a bit more of a darker O'Neill aspect to him.

Edit an explaination: :)
It's not that he won't lie (see Meridian), but he'll put his team before anything/one else.
If you put either O'Neill or Daniel in his position in Meridian, Daniel would probably have told the truth straight away, but I doubt Jack would've.

Buc252
March 8th, 2005, 07:05 PM

I'd blame the writers or the editing, because Jack certainly seemed concerned about him in Prophecy, and even enough to take his place in Metamorphosis when they came to get Jonas. I think Jack *did* care for him, but he didn't quite know how to take him. He's not greatly demonstrative anyway.

And in that vein, I guess it didn't strike me as too bad because he didn't show it when Daniel was missing either. Heck, when he was dying, he could barely manage to admit that he'd grown to respect him. It's just not Jack's style to be demonstrative. I love him anyway.

Jack and Jonas are my two favorite guys - can you tell? <g>

ShadowMaat
March 8th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Sorry, guys, but I still don't buy Jack ever really giving a rat's ass about Jonas, except maybe in Descent, and that was mostly just a bit of fun at the end. Grudging acceptance, maybe, and grudging concern, too- I got the feeling he showed up to check on Jonas in Prophecy only because it was expected of him.

In Metamorphosis, no one seemed to care. No one seemed to show overt concern for what had happened to him and no one asked if he wanted to be put back through Nirrti's machine even though they must have known that he'd been in it. I know it was to set up a later plot point, but they could at least have ASKED and had him turn down the offer or something. That point has ALWAYS galled me....

I think I said this in the Prophecy thread, but I'll repeat it here: the goodbye scene in Homecoming was wretched. As someone said, Sam was the only one who really seemed to care and while some of you may think Jack evinced some kind of warm emotion, I read it as Jack barely stopping himself from saying, "Don't let the iris hit ya in the ass on the way out!"

But then, I'll also be the first to admit that I have serious issues with the portrayal/behavior of Jack since the end of S5 and I think that starting in S6, there was a lot more of RDA than Jack showing up and in S6 in particular he seemed very angry and resentful most of the time. Jack, when he did appear, was likewise cold and distant and nowhere near his usual playful self and I don't care how much Daniel's "death" affected him, it was a bit much for me to accept.

But that's only my interpretation and I know just about everyone disagrees and/or sees things differently. ;) I never had the basic reverence of RDA to build from and Jack was never one of my favorite characters, so I'm not as inclined to positive interpretation as others are. :) That's why I'm on the Jonas Thunk Thread instead of the one for Jack/RDA. :P

Lys
March 8th, 2005, 11:01 PM
I didn't expect Jack to be best friend with Jonas. I did expect Jack to consider Jonas as a real member of his team. In my opinion, he choose him because Sam and Teal'c asked for him. After Descent, Jack completely forgot there was a fourth member in SG1. It's completely out of character and worse it endangers the team.
I too was completely shocked by the lack of concern for Jonas at the end of Metamorphosis. Many assumed it was one of this scenes off camera, but I don't buy it. A entire scene wasn't in need, just a bit of dialogue.
Later, we have in Forsaken Jack trusting Warrick at first sight and trusting him enough to give him back his weapon. How many times did Jonas had to ask him for his trust five minutes later before going into the wormhole ? Grrr ! :(
I usually like Jack, but I didn't like this lack of respect he had for Jonas.

ShadowMaat
March 9th, 2005, 04:22 AM
He chose Jonas so he wouldn't get stuck with a "damn Russian". Nothing more, nothing less, IMO. Only the fact that Sam and Teal'c had mentioned him made him a candidate. Picking someone THEY chose is much easier than doing the work himself to figure out who "deserves" to be on the team or learning that Jonas IS the best choice. He didn't care who it was as long as it wasn't a Russian. Jonas was the lesser of two evils... and it was probably a close call, at that.

smurf
March 9th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Seeing as he was much friendlier to the Russian team leader in Metamorphosis than Jonas, I'd have said it was a very, very close call.

Lys
March 9th, 2005, 12:55 PM
He chose Jonas so he wouldn't get stuck with a "damn Russian". Nothing more, nothing less, IMO. Only the fact that Sam and Teal'c had mentioned him made him a candidate. Picking someone THEY chose is much easier than doing the work himself to figure out who "deserves" to be on the team or learning that Jonas IS the best choice. He didn't care who it was as long as it wasn't a Russian. Jonas was the lesser of two evils... and it was probably a close call, at that.

I don't think Jack didn't care who it was. If so, what about Captain Hagmann and Captain Matheson who lasted only 2 hours. I think he didn't care as long as the fourth of the team wasn't russian and had the approval of Sam and Teal'c. Their opinions are still what's the most important for him in this choice. That's how I understand it. Jack had to pick a fourth because he was ordered by Hammond, he was not happy with this whoever this fourth happens to be. The lesser of two evils would be the one chosed by Sam and Teal'c.

Buc252
March 9th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Wow, I don't agree with you folks at all!! Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. Once Jack accepted Jonas as a member of his team, I saw nothing but respect for him. Or, at least the same amount of respect he gave Sam and Daniel when *they* were newcomers. Yes, he still had to look out for him, being the newbie, but I never saw anything Jack did as against him.

As for the Metamorphosis scene, I'm sure that they all figured that since he was feeling fine, and he *did* have different experiences with Nirrti than the other experimentees, that there was no need to put him back in the machine.

C'mon, give Jack a break! He was *great* with Jonas, all things considered.

ShadowMaat
March 9th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I don't see it. But then, I don't HAVE to see it. This is a JONAS appreciation thread, not a Jack one! ;)

And I do wuv my Jonas. :D

smurf
March 10th, 2005, 03:16 AM

It's the "all things considered" factor that was the problem. He could have got it together and started being friendlier to Jonas a bit sooner.
That said it's all in the writing rather than anything else, the end of Shadow Play in the Kelownan meeting room was good, when he looked really quite sorry for the kid.

It would have been sooo great if they had another couple of seasons together, once Jack's attitude had defrosted. ;)

Lys
March 10th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I think that in Shadow Play, not only Jack, but everyone on the team realised how hard it was for Jonas to go back to Kelowna.

And I agree that more seasons with Jonas on the team would have been great.

Now back to the main topic : :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_538.jpg

Do you realize that no one ever posted here a picture of the infamous banana scene ? ;)

smurf
March 11th, 2005, 11:34 AM
A few more pics needed I think.

http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/Pdvd_001.jpg
http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/Pdvd_000.jpg

"Why are you looking at me?"
Silly question :p :D

http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/sg1.jpg

How team SG-1 should have been the last few seasons. *Sigh*

The wardrobe department did a great job in Nightwalkers. Now if someone would give Corin a part where he dresses like this all the time...

ra-hanna
March 11th, 2005, 01:00 PM
You know, nightwalkers has got to be one of my favorite eps. It just played so well and the plot was so good and JONAS IS HOT! oh geez...where did that come from. :D He has the cutest expressions in those pics.

Easter Lily
March 12th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Here's another one from Nightstalkers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/NemecNightstalkers4.jpg

Doesn't he look adorable... doesn't he just cry out for a hug?

Teal'c's not the only one who can do the eyebrow thing. ;)

Easter Lily
March 12th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Wow, I don't agree with you folks at all!! Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. Once Jack accepted Jonas as a member of his team, I saw nothing but respect for him. Or, at least the same amount of respect he gave Sam and Daniel when *they* were newcomers. Yes, he still had to look out for him, being the newbie, but I never saw anything Jack did as against him.

Personally, I saw glimpses of it... the little smiles and some moments of understanding... unfortunately neither was given time to develop the relationship fully. I think that was the real tragedy of Season 6... they introduced this amiable, intelligent character who was brimming with enthusiasm... he got under our skins and then got unceremoniously removed. :(

Man... I really need to get my own Season 6 box set...

Lys
March 12th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Man... I really need to get my own Season 6 box set...

Definitely the best one ! :) I'm never bored of it. Season 6 is so fun, interesting, full of enthusiasm. I so love it. :)

blueiris
March 12th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Mansquito is on and I'm watching it. I was about to switch off though because the "mansquito" was kinda icky. Then Corin Nemic showed up and he looks sooo good that I think I'll stick it out.

Buc252
March 12th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Here's another one from Nightstalkers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/NemecNightstalkers4.jpg

Doesn't he look adorable... doesn't he just cry out for a hug?

Teal'c's not the only one who can do the eyebrow thing. ;)

I love his dimples . . . He's so adorable. (Even if he is too young for me. <g>)

greytop
March 12th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I love his dimples . . . He's so adorable. (Even if he is too young for me. <g>)
He may be too old for you (the same as me), but there is a saying: You may be on a diet but you can still look at the menu. :) ANd I do! ;)

blueiris
March 12th, 2005, 07:01 PM
He may be too old for you (the same as me), but there is a saying: You may be on a diet but you can still look at the menu. :) ANd I do! ;)
Greytop, are you combining the CN thread and the food thread?
And who wants to be on a stinkin' diet?

Easter Lily
March 12th, 2005, 10:47 PM

LOL...
If "diet" is a dirty word for you BlueIris... a variation on that could be... "You may be full and quite satisfied but there's no law against looking at the menu..".

JonasQuinn
March 12th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Too true! *nods*

Hurrah!!!!!!!!! A Jonas thread ... *hugs thread* I love Jonas!

Some of the pics are real nice - but I'm upset at the lack of Jonas sigs; oh well dosn't matter.

*shudders at the word diet* Yuckie ... food is good.

Lys
March 13th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Greytop, are you combining the CN thread and the food thread?
And who wants to be on a stinkin' diet?

No one wants to be on diet, especially on this thread !;)

JonasQuinn
March 13th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Definitely not!

And speaking of food ...

Did anyone notice that Jonas ate a lot of food in Nightwalkers ... I wish he had of kept doing that, I thought it was too funny - especially the toast, so out of nowhere. He eats in most episodes, but he should of done it more, it could have been his little thing.

He made that food look sooooo good. :rolleyes:

Lys
March 13th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Definitely not!

And speaking of food ...

Did anyone notice that Jonas ate a lot of food in Nightwalkers ... I wish he had of kept doing that, I thought it was too funny - especially the toast, so out of nowhere. He eats in most episodes, but he should of done it more, it could have been his little thing.

He made that food look sooooo good. :rolleyes:

I think he did it because it was all new for him. I don't know how the food tastes on Kelowna, but it must be definitely very bad.;)

Easter Lily
March 13th, 2005, 02:53 AM
You gotta like a man who likes his food...

I like the fact that he was unashamed of his penchant for food...who knows, it might have been instrumental in innoculating him against naquadria radiation...

Lys
March 13th, 2005, 03:24 AM
You gotta like a man who likes his food...

I like the fact that he was unashamed of his penchant for food...who knows, it might have been instrumental in innoculating him against naquadria radiation...

LOL !:D That's a good theory ! He seemed to be the only one immuned to naquadria radiation on Langara. Look at all the other guys on this planet, they're all crazy. :D

JonasQuinn
March 13th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Lol, I love it! It's just so funny, hes always eating.

Sorry ... simple mind here folks!

Nikkirose
March 13th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I miss Jonas. His child like awe to things here on Earth!

Easter Lily
March 13th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Here's another pic from Nightstalkers...
Is he eating or is he eating? ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/NemecNightstalkers5.jpg

JonasQuinn
March 13th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Hurrah! He's eating again. I loved Nightwalkers, one of my favourite Jonas episodes ... why can't they bring him back????

By the way ... seems as good a place as any - can anyone tell me what Thunk is surposed to mean ... just annoys me cause I've never heard it before ... I can guess, but I dunno!!!!

Easter Lily
March 13th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Hurrah! He's eating again. I loved Nightwalkers, one of my favourite Jonas episodes ... why can't they bring him back????

By the way ... seems as good a place as any - can anyone tell me what Thunk is surposed to mean ... just annoys me cause I've never heard it before ... I can guess, but I dunno!!!!

"Thunk" is the sound made by an ogling fan of a particularly mouthwatering television character when they swoon... it is especially resonant when the fan in question is remiss in spreading pillows in the ogling vicinity.

Lys
March 13th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Another pic from Nightwalkers :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_2044.jpg

Let's get some lunch ! :D :D :D

Buc252
April 8th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Hi, all!

Okay, we have a new home, so it only seems right that we should wake up the thread a bit.

I love this picture - they all look like they're having such fun, and Corin is definitely one of the group.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/Laughsontheset.bmp

Ahhhhh . . . season six. . . I remember it well.

smurf
April 10th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Yay! I'd thought I'd have to be the one to do it. Jonas Quinn is an aquired taste I think. :D

http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/PDVD2.jpg
http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/PDVD1.jpg

A couple of pics for 3 reasons:
- finished a fic, yay!
- finally saw an episode of Parker Lewis. (Milla Jovovich, where did I get the idea that she was an Eastern European who couldn't speak English until doing the Fifth Element :rolleyes: ) Now I need to get hold of the rest of the series.
- CSI New York. I know he was in it for about 12 seconds, but slimmed down, short hair, CSI lighting on that bone structure? WOW!
Acting was good as well, because I was watching for that obviously. :p Didn't like how they solved it though - New York being the forefront of high-definition CCTV cameras I see :rolleyes:
Did I mention short hair & CSI lighting on that bone structure?

Ahem.
I'm done, move along there's nothing to see here.

Easter Lily
April 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Yay... someone's revived the thread... :D

I've been going through Season 7 and feel the loss of his presence acutely. I still can't really understand why they couldn't have kept him on in some capacity... in a recurring role perhaps... You can see it in his eyes... he definitely didn't want to leave... a poignant moment.
The hair in Fallout was a throwback to the Beatles... did somebody in Langaria discover the 60s? :D

Frankly speaking, I thought Sam had some of her best interaction with Jonas... they had such a great dynamic. He was someone who could keep up with the pace. It was great that she could bounce her ideas off someone who could understand what she was saying and not just prattle mechanically a whole bunch of jargon surrounded by awestruck men...

hidden_envy
April 10th, 2005, 03:49 PM
wow....i never relised he was so thunkalishous!!!! ooooooo, i've got myself some thunking to do !!! :D :D *drools at pictures* why are men in stargate so damn fine?!?!

Seshat
April 10th, 2005, 04:06 PM

I've been going through Season 7 and feel the loss of his presence acutely. I still can't really understand why they couldn't have kept him on in some capacity... in a recurring role perhaps... You can see it in his eyes... he definitely didn't want to leave... a poignant moment.
The hair in Fallout was a throwback to the Beatles... did somebody in Langaria discover the 60s? :D

Frankly speaking, I thought Sam had some of her best interaction with Jonas... they had such a great dynamic. He was someone who could keep up with the pace. It was great that she could bounce her ideas off someone who could understand what she was saying and not just prattle mechanically a whole bunch of jargon surrounded by awestruck men...
E.Lily - you had the nicest and largest ep caps in this thread, and I was wondering if you had any of Jonas actually eating? I haven't capped season 6 and am in need of a few of these shots.

smurf
April 10th, 2005, 04:23 PM

I watched both Meridian and Homecoming before getting into fandom (and all it entails) and I was actually more upset about Jonas leaving because he looked more upset.
Absolutely agree about Sam, only person who's come close since is Baal.

New agency pic on www.corinnemec.com (http://www.corinnemec.com/homepage.htm) is slightly weird, getting a bit too skinny.

Lys
April 10th, 2005, 04:27 PM
E.Lily - you had the nicest and largest ep caps in this thread, and I was wondering if you had any of Jonas actually eating? I haven't capped season 6 and am in need of a few of these shots.

Seshat, you need to be more specific. Jonas is eating in almost every scene in the five first episodes of season six.;)

Seshat
April 10th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Seshat, you need to be more specific. Jonas is eating in almost every scene in the five first episodes of season six.;)
You are so right! :p I will do my best to be more specific...
I guess I am looking for just about any scene where he is in closeup or head and shoulders (alone) and munching something he finds fascinating and new. The scenes in Nightwalkers in the diner come to mind first, but I also seem to remember a banana scene (?). I am NOT looking for coffee cup scenes, for example, or any of the ice cream-eating scenes from Unnatural Selection, as I DO have those. Does that help at all?

Easter Lily
April 10th, 2005, 04:50 PM
This is the only one I've got that looks remotely like he's eating...
Unfortunately I only borrowed the box set from a friend... I think I'll have to get my own... ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/Corin%20Nemec/NemecNightstalkers5.jpg

Lys
April 10th, 2005, 04:51 PM
You are so right! :p I will do my best to be more specific...
I guess I am looking for just about any scene where he is in closeup or head and shoulders (alone) and munching something he finds fascinating and new. The scenes in Nightwalkers in the diner come to mind first, but I also seem to remember a banana scene (?). I am NOT looking for coffee cup scenes, for example, or any of the ice cream-eating scenes from Unnatural Selection, as I DO have those. Does that help at all?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_538.jpg

The banana scene in Descent:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_1564.jpg

In Redemption

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_589.jpg

Nightwalkers :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/PDVD_504.jpg

And again Nightwalkers:D :D

Does this help ?

Seshat
April 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM
And again Nightwalkers:D :D
Does this help ?
Yes - that last one from Nightwalkers was exactly what I had in mind - thank you!! :D

*Scurries off to work on new project involving said cap*

Lys
April 10th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Yes - that last one from Nightwalkers was exactly what I had in mind - thank you!! :D

*Scurries off to work on new project involving said cap*

I'm glad to help! :D

Easter Lily
April 10th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Lys... I've resized your images but won't repost them here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/Corin%20Nemec/NemecDescent.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/Corin%20Nemec/NemecDescent3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/Corin%20Nemec/NemecDescent2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/easterlily/Corin%20Nemec/NemecNightwalkers.jpg

Lys
April 11th, 2005, 04:53 AM

I really liked the more open Sam we saw in S6, the one who wasn't afraid to tease, have fun. I think that Jonas's enthusiasm at going through the Gate reminded her how she was at the beginning of the adventure (remember Children of the Gods ;) ). It was like she had "her mojo back" to quote Jack.:D
And of course, it was nice that finally someone could understand all her technobabble and also bounce back ideas with her.

Anubis345
April 11th, 2005, 04:58 AM
jonas was great i miss him to hopefully they bring him back

Easter Lily
April 11th, 2005, 05:30 AM
I know we've talked about this many times and I know that all of us would like to see Jonas back but I somehow don't ever see this happening as it would by implication be suggesting that the show was lacking in some area (perhaps character dynamic... a sensitive area) or that they had made a mistake letting him go. With all the changes and rumours of changes that we keep hearing about, it appears that TPTB are ready for a brand new start and I just don't see Jonas ever fitting into that scheme of things... I could be wrong...

Lys
April 11th, 2005, 06:06 AM
A brand new start seems to be the right word. Everytime I seek for some information on S9, I find : a new team, new bad guys, a new general, a new CMO...

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. We already had some big changes in the Stargate universe (Jonas replacing Daniel for a season being the main one); but there are so many new things that it doesn't feel like SG1 for me but a new spin-off.

And I agree with you Easter Lily, I don't see Jonas fitting in this new universe. I even have doubts we're going to see Bra'tac at least once. I get that feeling that TPTB want to forget all that happened before.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.:)

Anyagate1
April 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM

I like those jeans.

Nice.

I love this picture. Hot! It is just to bad it is not taken from the other side where you can see the tattoo on his arm. Yes he has a tattoo. Actually he has 4 of them. Mansquito was worth watching just to see him with his shirt off!!!

jckfan55
April 21st, 2005, 06:12 PM
Frozen definitely seemed like a "written for Daniel" episode. I really like Daniel, but I wound up really liking Jonas too. I liked his spirit of adventure. "First time in a Death Glider!"

kharn the betrayer
April 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
Poor Jonas he was 1 of my fav characters...

why do I always like characters who arnt on shows for very long ;_;

Roonwit
April 22nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
I really liked Jonas.

Like so many others I feel it was a real shame that he got written out of stargate like that, there was room for both him and Daniel.

Wish they would bring him back or move him to Atlantis.

:)

smurf
April 23rd, 2005, 04:30 AM
It is a shame they didn't keep Jonas and Daniel, not only because Jonas was the only SG-1 member with character development potential left, but also he was developing some quality snark which would have been great in the O'Neill-less situations.

Fallen:
QUINN: "Well, can't you do some kind of a...keyword search?"
JACKSON: "Yeah? For what? "Achilles"?"
QUINN: "Well, that's good. I'm glad to see that your...your memory's finally coming back. Not to mention your razor-sharp wit, but why don't we try something like, uh...uh, "power core venting"?"

And he's only known Daniel for a few weeks, it took him a nearly year and a half to snark Jack.
Personally I could always see them not getting along after a longer period of working together, since there would be an up personality and a down one pulling in opposite directions.

Roonwit
April 23rd, 2005, 12:45 PM
It is a shame they didn't keep Jonas and Daniel, not only because Jonas was the only SG-1 member with character development potential left, but also he was developing some quality snark which would have been great in the O'Neill-less situations.

Fallen:
QUINN: "Well, can't you do some kind of a...keyword search?"
JACKSON: "Yeah? For what? "Achilles"?"
QUINN: "Well, that's good. I'm glad to see that your...your memory's finally coming back. Not to mention your razor-sharp wit, but why don't we try something like, uh...uh, "power core venting"?"

And he's only known Daniel for a few weeks, it took him a nearly year and a half to snark Jack.
Personally I could always see them not getting along after a longer period of working together, since there would be an up personality and a down one pulling in opposite directions.

Yup totally agree with all of that especially about him having potential for character development :D

Lys
April 23rd, 2005, 01:06 PM

We've already had an example of these different personalities in Homecoming :

JONAS : "Rings ?"
DANIEL : "What good that's gonna do ? There's nowhere to ring to."
JONAS : "We found a ring platform when we first uncovered the Stargate."
DANIEL :"Which means it hasn't been used in over 2000 years."
JONAS :"Well, let's see if it still works."

smurf
April 23rd, 2005, 06:03 PM
I was thinking what would happen if there was a moral issue at stake. Would they really both come to the same conclusion?

ShadowMaat
April 23rd, 2005, 06:25 PM
I think all of his time on SG-1 has somewhat... loosened Daniel's morals. He's a bit more ruthless than he has been in previous seasons whereas I think Jonas is still very much altruistic. Daniel will do whatever it takes to get what he wants, but Jonas, I think, would consider the wider aspects.

Maybe it's just the cold medicine speaking, but that's what I think. ;)

Lys
April 24th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Like Shadow said, Daniel will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Jonas, I think, will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of the team. Just look at Prophecy and you'll understand what I mean. Jack's rule of " no one gets left behind" is one he understands very well.

I've always considered Jonas to be more Sam-like and Jack-like. He's a scientist and he understands the necessity of weapons while exploring the galaxy.

Daniel's morals seem to always kick up in the middle of a battlefield and that's never good for the team's good health. I think Jonas can put his morals in the background for the team's sake and deal with it after.

And as far as morals go, how do we know that what is right and wrong for us is also right and wrong for other people ? Different cultures, different morals.

smurf
April 24th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Daniel's morals seemed to have loosened post-accension, in fact his whole character seems to have taken a wander post-accension. It's probably just me, but it does appear that he doesn't really care about much any more, no real excitement about other cultures, only caring about getting what he wants.

Lys:
That's exactly how I see Jonas. A very team-first type of person, something which if you think about it was there from the start. Much as people (and he himself) dislike what he did in Meridian, he put his team first in what was essentially a battle/war situation.

GateAngel
April 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Finally got to see Corin in Mansquito on Scifi last night. I really liked his character and he looked great. He wasn't so bulky and his hair was longer which really looks good on him. This is the kind of character someone should create a series for Corin around. He was very likable and very interesting to watch.

Marla

smurf
April 24th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Oh, and Jack's rule of "no-one gets left behind" took a serious wander during Descent. How would you feel when you find out later that Jacob told them you were still on the ship?
Year long feeling of self-doubt, where would that come from?

Still looking forward to seeeing Mansquito, got quite good ratings for the Sci Fi channel didn't it?

Lys
April 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Lys:
That's exactly how I see Jonas. A very team-first type of person, something which if you think about it was there from the start. Much as people (and he himself) dislike what he did in Meridian, he put his team first in what was essentially a battle/war situation.

I've never thought of this aspect of Jonas' behaviour in Meridian, but it makes sense. Essentially, I thought he had a very hard choice to make. Think about it, going to a place you know nothing about, where the people lost one of their valuable men because of your people. I wouldn't like to have such a choice to make.

smurf
April 25th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Weird thought just occurred to me since we're talking about his character in Meridian. Normally a character will come onboard and grow throughout the season, is Jonas the only character who seems to go emotionally backwards?

What I mean is, if you look at how he is in Meridian and Redemption here is someone who is quite mentally strong - you have to be to make that choice - quite sure of himself and his abilities, even though he is aware he needs to prove himself. How come by Prophesy he seems to be filled with self-doubt, of not being sure of his place and what he brings to the team?

Strange writing, or did he have a really bad year at the SGC? No wonder he agreed to go back to Kelowna.
Given his character, that choice in itself is another matter. :rolleyes:

Lys
April 25th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Weird thought just occurred to me since we're talking about his character in Meridian. Normally a character will come onboard and grow throughout the season, is Jonas the only character who seems to go emotionally backwards?

What I mean is, if you look at how he is in Meridian and Redemption here is someone who is quite mentally strong - you have to be to make that choice - quite sure of himself and his abilities, even though he is aware he needs to prove himself. How come by Prophesy he seems to be filled with self-doubt, of not being sure of his place and what he brings to the team?

Strange writing, or did he have a really bad year at the SGC? No wonder he agreed to go back to Kelowna.
Given his character, that choice in itself is another matter. :rolleyes:

In Meridian he was sure of himself, but did he ever meet before a man who doubted his abilities ? Everyone on Kelowna said he was brilliant : Dr Kieran, High Minister Valis. I think Jonas didn't know before coming to Earth what a real challenge was.
Then, he comes to the SGC, and there's this man, Jack O'Neill who shows him that whatever he's going to do he's no way as good as Daniel. And this goes until Prophecy. Add to that that his universe was reducted to his planet before and that now his acts have consequences upon a whole galaxy. I think that can explain a lot about the self-doubt part of his character.

Madeleine
April 25th, 2005, 06:48 AM

I see what you're saying, but what you see as going emotionally backwards I see as growing up. We got precious little backstory for him but what backstory we did see indicated someone who had led a charmed life, whose intelligence, memory and personability had always been a passport to success and respect. I got the feeling that because he was brighter than most of his peers he'd always found life pretty easy, and even with Kellowna in a state of cold war he was in the centre of the nation's government and cossetted from the harsher aspects of life.

Even as early as Meridian I can see this changing. He was rather blase about what SG-1 initially told him about the dangerous realities of life in the galaxy, and even about the dangers of the bomb. I think Jonas was far more deeply shocked by the deaths of his friends than any of SG-1 were over Daniel's impending death (of course they were all grief-stricken, but shocked? not really) and it jolted him significantly. As did the realisation that his people really could do themselves some damage.

He still had a lot of arrogance and naivete(sp) though, visible throughout much of the next season. But to an extent that comes down to the rest of SG-1. After all, seeing how they lounged around that prison cell in The Other Guys as if it were a waiting-room at the ear-piercing salon how would Jonas be expected to really take in how dangerous everything was, or to take in how easy it would be for them to fail? It's most apparent in Unnatural Selection, where Jonas really doesn't seem at all freaked by the replicators, and even takes Jack to task for betraying Fifth, oblivious to the consequenses had Jack done otherwise.

Then Metamorphosis came, and Jonas had his first opportunity to *feel* the possibility of failure and to worry about the consequences. He'd faced danger before, like in Descent; but that was a rushed situation where swift action solved the problem so any fear would have been mingled with the adrenaline and dulled by the need to act. And he'd experienced a long period of threat before, in Redemption; but in that he was surrounded by others facing the same predicament, besides knowing that if the worst happenned he'd never even feel it. With Nirrti's machine he was alone and he had a long period of being able to dwell on his and SG-1's predicament, and yet couldn't actually *do* anything; that must have been quite a knock to the confidence.

Prophecy likewise - he suddenly found himself with more responsibility for SG-1's safety than ever before whilst being for the first time in a situation for which nothing had prepared him.

The self-doubt he displays in Prophecy is heightened, I feel, by the fact that he'd never really doubted himself to any great degree before. Someone less gifted than he would have faced self-doubt many times growing up, but I think Jonas spent a year gradually learning that life on SG-1 is dangerous and everything they do is difficult. And Prophecy, for me, marks the fullness of that realisation.

At the end though, realising that Janet and the rest of SG-1 value and trust him, his confidence is back. I don't see him being nervous or doubting himself in any of the eps that follow Prophecy. Quite the reverse, in fact. He seems to have more authority within the team after that. Right up to Changeling Jonas really felt like The Newbie. In Prophecy, Full Circle, Fallen and Homecoming he felt much more like an equal part of The Team with the others. Prophecy was when Jonas grew up, and grew into his position. A faltering of his confidence occurred, but in overcoming the most challenging threat he'd faced he ended up with a new, stronger, more mature (and much more realistic) confidence in its place.

ShadowMaat
April 25th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Yeah, and then he gets booted through the gate and summarily forgotten. :mad:

All that buildup, all that potential, all for nothing. Bah.

smurf
April 25th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Good posts.
I never really considered it about him growing up, I can see how he might slowly feel doubt from being seen as the best to always second to someone he can't compete with, but at the point of Prophecy it seemed a bit sudden.
Between Metamorphosis and Prophecy there were two episodes where he seemed to have no problem as part of the team and appeared to be fairly accepted, Forsaken and Memento, with only The Changling being consistent to allow the Prophecy feelings to make sense.
They really should have had Prophecy much earlier in the season, or at least run out the last few episodes as:
Metamorphosis, Disclosure, The Changling, Prophecy, Forsaken, Memento, Full Circle.

Incidentally, I thought Metamorphosis wasn't a very good Jonas ep in the end. They seemed to spend far too much time on Sam/Jack ship, and very little on his dilemma. That's probably why I didn't see it affecting his personality as much as it could have.

Hey Shadow he didn't get forgotten, they remembered him every time Anubis came up with something good, or something went wrong. :p

Oh, and apologies for my rather lousy episode title spellings (that's what you get working phonetically without checking). :D

ShadowMaat
April 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Hey Shadow he didn't get forgotten, they remembered him every time Anubis came up with something good, or something went wrong. :p
True. But I got tired of being labeled "bitter and cynical" every time I mentioned that. ;)

jannagalaxy
May 22nd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, and then he gets booted through the gate and summarily forgotten. :mad:

All that buildup, all that potential, all for nothing. Bah.

I must say I totally agree. He did a great job then gets forgottern about but why?????? I don't think it's right or fair! I love Jonas/Corin.

I acutally said to Corin, "I just loved the way you smiled all the time it made me smile" :)

Totally miss him. But I did a music video in his honor because I didn't really see very few or if any Jonas music videos.

BTW ShadowMaat, I was at the L3 Con last november! Small world! :)

Buc252
May 22nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
I must say I totally agree. He did a great job then gets forgottern about but why?????? I don't think it's right or fair! I love Jonas/Corin.

I acutally said to Corin, "I just loved the way you smiled all the time it made me smile" :)

Totally miss him. But I did a music video in his honor because I didn't really see very few or if any Jonas music videos.

BTW ShadowMaat, I was at the L3 Con last november! Small world! :)

I also loved both Corin and the character Jonas. I've just finished re-watching Homecoming, which irritated me all over again, but also noted something I hadn't before. I was watching it with the commentaries on DVD (Shanks is one of the persons doing the commmentary), and noted that, if you just listen, he sounds *really* threatened by Corin/Jonas. As well he should have been, since if it came down to a choice, I'd have taken Jonas any day over whineyDaniel.

It also irritated me that, during Jonas' good bye scene - for as small as it was - all MS could do was talk about how it compared to his *own* departure in Meridian. For an event that important, he should have stayed on topic, IMO.

jannagalaxy
May 22nd, 2005, 02:42 PM
I also loved both Corin and the character Jonas. I've just finished re-watching Homecoming, which irritated me all over again, but also noted something I hadn't before. I was watching it with the commentaries on DVD (Shanks is one of the persons doing the commmentary), and noted that, if you just listen, he sounds *really* threatened by Corin/Jonas. As well he should have been, since if it came down to a choice, I'd have taken Jonas any day over whineyDaniel.

I don't understand why it was MS, when it was CN who was leaving. Maybe it would of been better if someone else did the commentary. But of course this is just my opinion.

It also irritated me that, during Jonas' good bye scene - for as small as it was - all MS could do was talk about how it compared to his *own* departure in Meridian. For an event that important, he should have stayed on topic, IMO.

I thought that the goodbye scene was abit rushed. I don't really watch that episode 'cause it kinda upsets me.

Another thing that annoys me is why people are so mean about him. Well you know everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my personal opinion some people take it abit to far.

Anyway lets talk about something more cheery! Anyone got anymore sexy pictures of Jonas/Corin???? ;)

smurf
May 23rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Hmm, feeling threatened by the man hired as his replacement, who impresses enough people to be originally planned as the lead on the spin-off.
Nope, can't see it. ;) :cool:

Anyway I'm with jannagalaxy, anyone got any pics?

jannagalaxy
May 24th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Anyway I'm with jannagalaxy, anyone got any pics?

PLEASE??????

Anyagate1
May 31st, 2005, 12:02 PM
PLEASE??????

Here are some from the infamous love scene in Mansquito. You can check them all out at the Corin Nemec Site.

http://www.corinnemec.com/man89.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man90.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man91.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man92.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man93.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man94.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man95.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man96.jpg
http://www.corinnemec.com/man99.jpg

Pretty steamy!! :p

jannagalaxy
May 31st, 2005, 02:13 PM
Here are some from the infamous love scene in Mansquito. You can check them all out at the Corin Nemec Site.

Pretty steamy!! :p

Oh wow! He is really really sexy! Steamy??? That was so hot!

nugglebugget
June 1st, 2005, 04:36 AM
I know this has been mentioned before but,after having rewatched my S6 dvds,I felt like adding my 2 cents on the "Kelownan Kutie".

His enthusiasm & awe at what SG-1 had started to almost take for granted[IMO],was a reminder that what they did,was in fact,really,really,cool!
Was it "Decent" that had him commenting about being in space & how amazing it was?Teal'c got that little smile & agreed.Jonas was indeed a well needed shot in the arm!
While he is adorable,I feel he's almost too young for my "Thunking",.....notice I said "almost".I didn't rule it out;) !I'd love for him to come over & mow the lawn,shirtless of course:D.
Then again,hubby doesn't want anybody else messing with the yard.I'll just have to have "Jonas" come inside,program my VCR,& watch the weather channel with me;) .

Proxy
June 1st, 2005, 05:38 AM
Whats going on too much talkin and not much Thunkin.
C'mon, post more pics, peoples.

OH GOD Corin is HOT

Anyagate1
June 1st, 2005, 07:12 AM
Oh wow! He is really really sexy! Steamy??? That was so hot!

Yeah Steamy. Hot + sweaty = Steamy. :p

jannagalaxy
June 3rd, 2005, 02:30 AM
Yeah Steamy. Hot + sweaty = Steamy. :p

It can be both! :) :D

Proxy
June 12th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Thunkers I have a pic for you!

http://www.corinnemec.com/man43.jpg

Proxy
June 12th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Another one:

http://www.corinnemec.com/man41.jpg

akren
June 12th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Cool pic, I want his jeans! :P lol

I think Jonas' departure from the series was a loss, I would of loved to see him stay on following the events of 'Home-comming'; & how SG-1 dealt with him being there, especially following Jack's promotion to head of the SGC. Having him come back @ some point during S9, dealing with the new SGC & the new SG-1 would be interesting.

Any thoughts?

Proxy
June 12th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Yea, would of been interesting if Jonas returned... I miss him already.

Some wet Jonas for ya:

http://www.corinnemec.com/descap45.jpg

Stricken
June 12th, 2005, 03:47 AM
As i guy, Jonas was a breath o fresh air in to Stargate, Corin is a great actor I loved the way through season 6 you kind of saw Earth and the SG through his eyes - we never really got a chance to see Teal'c do that. He had a really good dynamic with Teal'c - Jonas was a good foil to Teal'c's seriousness which is always good, I thought Jonas was cool and Corin did a great job but my one concern was Jonas' hair in Season 7.

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/6852/6x055f00455jx.jpg

I made my hair spiked after i saw Jonas' hair in Seaosn 6, really i did! no im not so sure! lol

Weir_D
June 12th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Heya all. This is my very first post and I thought it should be in here as Corin is the greatest.

I agree with "Proxy Blue" he should come back to the show. Pity there is only one season left though. Maybe he can make an appearence in Atlantis?

Lol "S.G.C". His hair was so sexy in the first seasons, then he had to go and change it. Something was seriously odd about that season 7 hair. Just my opinion though, I'm sure some people adored it.

Now lets see if I cant find an adorable little pic for the already large collection:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/Padfoot_002/jo77.jpg

Proxy
June 12th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Jonas Came Back Please!

Buc252
June 12th, 2005, 06:10 PM
As i guy, Jonas was a breath o fresh air in to Stargate, Corin is a great actor I loved the way through season 6 you kind of saw Earth and the SG through his eyes - we never really got a chance to see Teal'c do that. He had a really good dynamic with Teal'c - Jonas was a good foil to Teal'c's seriousness which is always good, I thought Jonas was cool and Corin did a great job but my one concern was Jonas' hair in Season 7.

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/6852/6x055f00455jx.jpg

I made my hair spiked after i saw Jonas' hair in Seaosn 6, really i did! no im not so sure! lol

In my delusional mind, from a story pov (not reality), I always figure Jonas had the shorter haircut because he was trying to emulate those people he looked up to and respected at the SGC. Ever notice how close it got towards the end of S6 to Jack's cut? Maybe a little idol-worship there? <g> Sorry, but I like the idea.

As for the longer hair, since that's not what we saw in Meridian, I just can't explain it. I saw somebody joke once that Kelowna has a law that girlfriend and boyfriends have to wear the same hairstyle, which is the *only* way I can explain his hair in Fallout. <g>

Proxy
June 12th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Good point.

LOL. I think that his hair in Fallout is quite sexy.

John_Sheppard
June 12th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Yucky! I'm a guy and I think it was the worst looking hair ever. That episode with him and Daniel ... ermmmm, end of Season 6 I think, was when he had the best hair! Let me try and find a pic somewhere.

Stricken
June 13th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Jonas Came Back Please!
i'm sorry Jonas dont come back! you can come back if your hair changes lol