Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    I love this picture too ! My favourite behind the scene picture I think.
    I like it too, even though it's not the best pic of him. He looks comfortable and accepted here, and there are others where he seems . . . out of place. Not that he doesn't belong there, but that he's not being accepted as one.

For instance:

He looks just a little stiff and uncomfortable compared to the other four, y'know? Makes my heart cringe for him a bit. . .

But then again, maybe it's just me.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      I like it too, even though it's not the best pic of him. He looks comfortable and accepted here, and there are others where he seems . . . out of place. Not that he doesn't belong there, but that he's not being accepted as one.

For instance:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...2/116aby06.jpg

He looks just a little stiff and uncomfortable compared to the other four, y'know? Makes my heart cringe for him a bit. . .

But then again, maybe it's just me.
      Not just you. It's noticable in most of his post-stargate interviews he does tend to mention how difficult it was to join a team that has been working together for five years, and how he finally felt part of it just before he was booted off.
      It's interesting if you look at the character how much and for how long Jonas seems to be the outsider. You wonder if the atmosphere was subconciously written into the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        Actually, I've seen the S7 one you mean, but this isn't it. I've never seen this particular manipulation, so I think they did it especially for the S4 DVD's. Daniel even *looks* like he doesn't fit into the picture - it's just not done . . . consistently . . . with the other characters.
        This makes me really angry. I was watching "Homecoming" w/ the audio commentary last night (until 12am, ignoring my Homework, but that's another topic), & the director said how he felt Jonas' goodbye scene should've been longer. He should've talked individually w/ the other SG-1 members, instead of just having a few seconds. Michael Shanks, although I love Danny, disagreed w/ the comment. I wonder if it was insecurity on his part, since he wanted the Jonas fans to accept him. Either way, it made me angry.
        Congrats on 600 posts! Yea!
        JerinJoC: Wow, Buc! You're doing so well. Would you like me to come over to celebrate together?
        Originally posted by smurf
        Not just you. It's noticable in most of his post-stargate interviews he does tend to mention how difficult it was to join a team that has been working together for five years, and how he finally felt part of it just before he was booted off.
        It's interesting if you look at the character how much and for how long Jonas seems to be the outsider. You wonder if the atmosphere was subconciously written into the show.
        You're absolutely right. I do feel bad for Corin, especially since he's such a nice guy. Kicks TPTB for being dumb & not bringing back Corin.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

My main computer crashed, so I spent most of last week rebuilding it. Congrats to Buc and all the other milestones!

Comment

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory...ntent_id=11176

Film on Gujarat riots to open at Pusan film fest

Posted online: Friday, September16, 2005 at 0000 hours IST

Inspired by a true story that revolves around a Parsi family caught in the gamut of the Gujarat riots, Rahul Dholakia’s Parzania will soon open with its premiere at the Pusan Film Festival in October.

Parzan, a young boy, is lost in the violent confusion in Parzania, a songless film that stars Naseeruddin Shah, Sarika, and Amerian actor Corin Nemec. The film has recently been passed by the Censor Board.

To get his film cleared from the Censors Dholakia frantically paid a visit to Mahim Church, Haji Ali, Sidddhivinayak and Mahalaxmi temples. Dholakia exults,” I was apprehensive because I was making a statement. When you kill someone you are actually killing four others in the family. I was glad that the Board saw the film in the right perspective.”

Dholakia, for whom, the film was an attempt to get rid of the albatross hanging around the neck says,” I am a Gujarati, a Hindu. and if I don’t say something at this stage then I am as guilty as the people who have commited the crime.”

With most of his actors including Zakir Hussain who’s scored the film’s music waiving off their remuneration Dholakia who has managed to complete the film against all odds hopes that the real Parzan would be found.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
              You're absolutely right. I do feel bad for Corin, especially since he's such a nice guy. Kicks TPTB for being dumb & not bringing back Corin.
              Given that someone who has such a easy going, friendly personality felt he had such a hard time joining the team, I'm kinda wondering how well Ben Browder feels he's doing.
              It sound's like his character isn't really fitting into the show at the moment either.

Morning Admiral.
              I love computers they're so... irritating.

Comment

Given that someone who has such a easy going, friendly personality felt he had such a hard time joining the team, I'm kinda wondering how well Ben Browder feels he's doing.
                It sound's like his character isn't really fitting into the show at the moment either.

Morning Admiral.
                I love computers they're so... irritating.
                I know what you mean, smurf...

So, for Jonas in S9...why can't the Ori send a prior to Langara? I think that would work. OH Joe M. ! Are you peeping????

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                  http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory...ntent_id=11176Film on Gujarat riots to open at Pusan film fest. Parzan, a young boy, is lost in the violent confusion in Parzania, a songless film that stars Naseeruddin Shah, Sarika, and Amerian actor Corin Nemec. The film has recently been passed by the Censor Board.
                  (((Admiral))) Good to have our Queen back. Thanks for this! Naseeruddin Shah is a very good actor. I bet this will be an emotional film. Tried to green rep you, but you know how it is.

Comment

Good question. On screen, although Chris Judge's character Teal'c, was warm, I think Amanda was the warmest in real life. No dis-respect to Chris, but he's very close friends with Michael Shanks in real life.

Comment

(((Admiral))) Good to have our Queen back. Thanks for this! Naseeruddin Shah is a very good actor. I bet this will be an emotional film. Tried to green rep you, but you know how it is.
                      It's the thought that counts...nice to be back...

Comment

Good question. On screen, although Chris Judge's character Teal'c, was warm, I think Amanda was the warmest in real life. No dis-respect to Chris, but he's very close friends with Michael Shanks in real life.

I know that CN said that working with CJ was great and that they got along well. I'm thinking that Browder and Judge will get along just fine, but from what I hear, Beau Bridges took on the 'welcome wagon' duty while AT was on maternity leave. Seems that previously she was the one who reached out to the guests and newbies more than the others.

I don't think there's a problem with Browder fitting in, but it will take time...so many years of inside jokes to get past and all that. As for his character, I think part of the point was that he needed to mesh into the SGC and he seems to have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                          I know that CN said that working with CJ was great and that they got along well. I'm thinking that Browder and Judge will get along just fine, but from what I hear, Beau Bridges took on the 'welcome wagon' duty while AT was on maternity leave. Seems that previously she was the one who reached out to the guests and newbies more than the others.

I don't think there's a problem with Browder fitting in, but it will take time...so many years of inside jokes to get past and all that. As for his character, I think part of the point was that he needed to mesh into the SGC and he seems to have done that.
                          Thanks again for the info. Congrats on 1,700 posts! All hail the Queen!

Comment

Thanks again for the info. Congrats on 1,700 posts! All hail the Queen!

Thanks, jerin.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Welcome back Admiral! Congrats on you 1700 post. I did the best I could to keep the thread going without you but you were missed. Thanks for the info on Parzania. I hope to see this movie.

Congrats to Buc on you 600th post! Love the behind the scene pics!

For some reason I suddenly feel like going for a swim. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
                                Hello everyone!

Welcome back Admiral! Congrats on you 1700 post. I did the best I could to keep the thread going without you but you were missed. Thanks for the info on Parzania. I hope to see this movie.

Congrats to Buc on you 600th post! Love the behind the scene pics!

For some reason I suddenly feel like going for a swim. Anyone else?
                                Diving in to join you...

Comment

Working...
                                X