Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anyagate1
    I am much better today. Thanks for asking. I actually ate normal food last night for the first time in 3 days. I know I should use one clone to distract the the PG paddle but I wanted them both to myself yesterday. They really did make me feel better. Now that I am better I will return your clone to you. He misses you and the non-pg mischief you make together. Mwa ha ha.
    Yeah, where are you Admiral. We miss you. I guess I am in charge...for now.
    All thunkers, be forewarned! JK.

I love watching Season 6. Pausing to admire his smile and dimples...among other things. I agree with you about Daniel and Jonas. Danny is one of my favs too. I do think Jonas is more "human" as you put it. He is certainly less serious than Daniel. Jonas is just as curious as Daniel about everything but in a more gentle way. Daniel sometimes lets his curiosity about things get a little out of hand. Yet that is one of the things that makes him such a great character.
    You're so right about that.

OOh! My Jonas clone is coming back to me! I kept re-winding and re-watching the scene between him METAMORPHOSIS
    Spoiler:
    & Nyerti when she propositions him. I fantasized myself in her place, but w/ diff results. You had to wonder why all of a sudden, he was in her bed. They didn't show him collapse or anything in the ancient gene splicing device. My mind just went wild about the possibities of why he was so exhausted & needed to be taken to bed.

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better. I'm sending you big hugs.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
      You're so right about that.

OOh! My Jonas clone is coming back to me! I kept re-winding and re-watching the scene between him METAMORPHOSIS
      Spoiler:
      & Nyerti when she propositions him. I fantasized myself in her place, but w/ diff results. You had to wonder why all of a sudden, he was in her bed. They didn't show him collapse or anything in the ancient gene splicing device. My mind just went wild about the possibities of why he was so exhausted & needed to be taken to bed.

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better. I'm sending you big hugs.
      Hugs back! I looove that episode. One of my favorite Jonas episodes. I basically had the same kind of fantasy as well. He looked so comfortable and sweet sleeping in that bed, huging that pillow. I wanted to be the pillow. Hee Hee! Great Jonas episode!
      Spoiler:
      I like the beginning where he is flirting with the nurse in the elevator.
      Sooo cute. Daniel never flirts with anyone. I wish he would...it would be really fun to see.

Oh! There is an interview on Gateworld with the actress who plays Nirrti. Here is what she said about that scene with Corin.

Originally posted by Gateworld
      GW: What happened when it came time to try and seduce Corin's character, Jonas Quinn?

JS: Basically I looked at him lying innocently on my bed of pillows and thought: "Hello, my pretty, you're mine, all mine!" I just wish I could have done some of the scene on the bed actually looking into his eyes, because that can really get things crackling. It was a little more of a challenge with our faces side by side, but a pleasure all the same!
      Lucky girl!!
      Last edited by Anyagate1; 16 September 2005, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Here are some screen caps of that sceen, just for you. Ok me too.

Yep...wish I was that pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
          Little bit more on "Nice Guys":
          http://www.diamonddallaspage.com/msg/07112005/msg.html
          Second paragraph.

(I'm never sure whether I should quote or link. What's the done thing these days?)
          Thanks smurf for sharing this link!! Cool pics there.

Comment

Hugs back! I looove that episode. One of my favorite Jonas episodes. I basically had the same kind of fantasy as well. He looked so comfortable and sweet sleeping in that bed, huging that pillow. I wanted to be the pillow. Hee Hee! Great Jonas episode!
            Spoiler:
            I like the beginning where he is flirting with the nurse in the elevator.
            Sooo cute. Daniel never flirts with anyone. I wish he would...it would be really fun to see.

Oh! There is an interview on Gateworld with the actress who plays Nirrti. Here is what she said about that scene with Corin.
            Lucky girl!!
            Thanks for the quote. A very lucky girl indeed. I tried to green rep you, especially for the great pics, but you know how it is. Grrr!

Comment

Thanks for the quote. A very lucky girl indeed. I tried to green rep you, especially for the great pics, but you know how it is. Grrr!
              Yep, I know how the rep points go. Thanks for trying! Are you watching Stargate tonight? Mid season finale...2 hours! Unfortunately that means no Atlantis.

Comment

Yep, I know how the rep points go. Thanks for trying! Are you watching Stargate tonight? Mid season finale...2 hours! Unfortunately that means no Atlantis.
                Congrats on 300 posts! Yeah! I am watching 2nite. I'm really excited.

Comment

Congrats on 300 posts! Yeah! I am watching 2nite. I'm really excited.

Thanks! I did not even notice that. I am catching up to you. I am excited too! Looks like it is going to be really good. Well, I think am done thunking for today. Got to finish up work and hurry to watch SG1! Chat with you on Monday. Have a great weekend!! My Jonas clone sends you hugs and kisses.

Comment

Saw something today that really annoyed me, and I just had to vent. I hope nobody minds . . .

I finally got my Season 4, Region 1 boxed set today in the mail. (Hang in there with me here, I'm getting on topic.) It was high on my priority list because I'm also a major shipper in addition to adoring Jack and Jonas (and Mulder, but that's another story). But what image greets me on the outside of the box set?

A picture of the S6 team, with Jonas/Corin cut out and Daniel/MS superimposed into the shot. Now, I'm sorry, but that totally stinks!!! (And is totally unprofessional, IMO.) If they want a pic, use one of the S4 team, don't deface a S6 photo.

And how insulting and hurtful could it be to Corin to see his photo cropped out of a picture??

If I didn't love the ship so much, I'd send them back and tell 'em where to put them. . .
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

He is a hottie. I love your sense of humor Proxy! I also love your "I adopted Corin" thingy. I want one but I do not know how to keep it on my posts. Help me!!! I will post more hot pics of Corin for you.
                      Simply click the "I adopted Corin" image and you will be taken to a website that has many of those littl' images for you to choose from. If you use tab browsing then you can right click and in the menu you say open image and copy the url of the image then place it in your signature.

www.opera.com Browse with Tabs!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

A picture of the S6 team, with Jonas/Corin cut out and Daniel/MS superimposed into the shot. Now, I'm sorry, but that totally stinks!!! (And is totally unprofessional, IMO.) If they want a pic, use one of the S4 team, don't deface a S6 photo.

And how insulting and hurtful could it be to Corin to see his photo cropped out of a picture??

If I didn't love the ship so much, I'd send them back and tell 'em where to put them. . .

Yeah, I've seen that picture around and it p***ed me off as well. I think it was a season 7 picture.

It's so cheap....
                        Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                        The Strongest Will Survive!
                        I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
                          Yeah, I've seen that picture around and it p***ed me off as well. I think it was a season 7 picture.

It's so cheap....
                          Actually, I've seen the S7 one you mean, but this isn't it. I've never seen this particular manipulation, so I think they did it especially for the S4 DVD's. Daniel even *looks* like he doesn't fit into the picture - it's just not done . . . consistently . . . with the other characters.
                          - Mary
                          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I watched Mansquito yesterday, and actually it's quite goo-, um, not bad. Definitely not as bad as some of the reviews had led me to believe. Definitely not as bad as Mimic 2, Bad Boys 2, or Titanic.

First up I have to say a big thumb's up the DP. I'm sure the movie was cheap budget wise, but it didn't look it. Admittedly they seemed to have used up the budget before they built the monster, but the rest of it wasn't too shabby.
                            The problem with the film seems to be the acting (woah there, down with the pitchforks!). Hands up everyone who's spotted that Corin usually does dramatic roles. :needs hand raising smiley:
                            Simply the acting is too good for the fricking ropey monster-man-in-a-suit they used. There's really only two ways the film should go when you have good acting and a bad monster (well, three ways but they won't have the budget for the last one); Jaws style where you don't see it until the end, or fiddle with the main character so he's a lot less earnest.
                            I know it's cliché, but I think Corin's character could have done with some snarky, dark humour when not with his girlfriend. A few quotable one-liners, and a slight feeling of "I know it's silly, you know it's silly, but let's roll with it" would have pushed this towards cultdom.

Coming back to Stargate.
                            I think it is in the commentary for Fallen when Martin Wood says the difference between MS and CN is that CN acts with his hands and MS acts with his face. It's just a comment I've felt was wrong. Corin acts with his face, he just doesn't ACT with his face. And watching parts of Mansquito it brings in an extra character layer which is too good for your traditional cheap creature-feature - especially that bit in the lab just before he takes his girlfriend to the hospital.

In summary:
                            Good acting, but needs humour.
                            Ropey monster (pretty standard).
                            Finally, if you're going to put Corin in a suit, make sure it's a well cut one. Body completely wasted in that suit.

Comment

Just reposting this picture because I love it.

It's not hugely thunkable, but it just cheers me up whenever I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                                Just reposting this picture because I love it.

It's not hugely thunkable, but it just cheers me up whenever I see it.
                                I love this picture too ! My favourite behind the scene picture I think.
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X