No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really moved by that impassioned plea he made to the Kelownan leaders to dissuade them from using the naquadria bomb... that was one of those amazing Jonas moments...
    *sniff, sob*
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      I was really moved by that impassioned plea he made to the Kelownan leaders to dissuade them from using the naquadria bomb... that was one of those amazing Jonas moments...
      *sniff, sob*
      Shadow Play had many amazing Jonas moments, as did the rest of season 6. Sniff, sniff, Can I mourn with you ?
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

CN did such a good job with Shadow Play, without the lines he still showed you how Jonas lost everything. Just wanted to hug him all the way through. Awww.

I kinda liked him from the start in Meridian. The way he smiled and did that thing about Teal'c's symbol, not too happy about his scene between him & O'Neill but I suppose you have to have SG-1 have some sort of input into his decision.

Have to say he was probably one of the best things to have happened to SG-1 for me, S6 easily my favourite season. Most of 4 & 5 it became just TV wallpaper, only got back into it after season 6.

I miss Jonas.

Comment

Personally, I think that most of the success of the character rests solely on the shoulders of Corin Nemec. TPTB didn't seem to want him there, others certainly didn't seem to want him there, and the development of Jonas was half-hearted with best, with most of the outstanding stuff being written by non-PTB and/or put off until it was too late.

Corin, IMO, put everything into his portrayal and that is what made the character so great and that, combined with Corin's absolute professionalism despite the utter shafting he received, is why he's one of my favorite actors.

Comment

Shadow, I agree with you. I just wish Metamorphosis and Prophecy were in the middle of the season and not in the last part. There was a perfect storyline and an opportunity for character development with Jonas, but we never saw the end of the story. Sadly, we will never see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Corin, IMO, put everything into his portrayal and that is what made the character so great and that, combined with Corin's absolute professionalism despite the utter shafting he received, is why he's one of my favorite actors.
              I agree... the fact that he was unceremoniously shafted and still remains unembittered by the whole situation speaks volumes about his character. It's so nice to see an actor of our generation conduct himself with so much dignity and integrity...
              Last edited by Easter Lily; 07 March 2005, 12:32 PM.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

What I love about how he acts the character is the little character quirks he puts in outside his lines. He never just stands there waiting for the next line to come up. A bit like RDA (before O'Neill turned completely comedy ), you can actually see what the character is thinking.

Great actor. When I did an imdb search on him I was surprised to find he played the title character in "I Know My First Name Is Steven". I remember watching this years ago and being blown away by the kid's acting.

Comment

I like the fact that he's made that transition from being a child actor to an adult actor...

Your comment made me think about when I first saw Corin on Stargate... I was staring at his face for quite a while thinking... "who is this guy, who is this guy, man... he looks so familiar". I wasn't part of Stargate fandom then, so I had no idea who was coming or going. Then my brother told me that it was "Parker Lewis" and my response was ... "of course it is!"
                  Thinking about Parker Lewis takes me back quite a few years now... he must've been in his late teens or early twenties...
                  sigpic

Comment

I never got to see Parker Lewis, would love to though but they haven't released it on dvd.
                    Have you seen the Toby Keith video for "Beer for my horses"? Not at all sensible, don't think some of those screen caps are going to end up in this thread.

Also unfortunately I think we have seen how Jonas' story ends, just without Jonas in it.
                    Ancient genes anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf

Also unfortunately I think we have seen how Jonas' story ends, just without Jonas in it.
                      Ancient genes anyone?
                      Sure, It would have been more believable if Jonas had been the one with the Ancient genes. We had hints of his different genetic make-up thanks to Nirrti, but for Jack, it nearly came out of nowhere.

Comment

Whoops, didn't realize I'd already posted the Wet Jonas pic earlier in the thread. But it's such a YUMMY pic!

Anyway, here are some more to make up for my mistake.

a kiss to build a dream on
                        that winning smile
                        DNA has never looked so sexy
                        still holding his... breath

I just love how that DNA strand caresses his neck... And dang, if I was that girl, I'd know that Jonas is the REAL treasure!
                        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 08 July 2005, 01:04 PM. Reason: sick of re-uploading everything

Comment

The second pic... I really like... he looks so adorable...

Didn't THAT GIRL say in the end that she did like Jonas... sort of... in a backhanded sort of way...
                          Yeah, he's a smart cookie... that one

Shadow... do you know anything about that ring that he wears...
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm lovin this thread

Comment

Thanks for the pics Shadow!
                              Love that scene in the third pic, one of my favourite Jonas scenes (of which there are many ). Just one question, did he act that way because he's smart and was playing along, or because he's such a sweet adorable geek?

Easter Lily, I don't think they ever explained the ring - not a surprise since they didn't bother telling us much about Jonas Think CN quite liked the idea that it might have been his Grandfather's ring.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                                Just one question, did he act that way because he's smart and was playing along, or because he's such a sweet adorable geek?
                                Not sure what you mean. He was obviously playing to her greed by flashing all the gold and goodies, but I think he was completely floored by her reaction- totally caught off guard. Hence, the dropping of the "treasure". He's super smart, but he's still so achingly innocent in some ways...

Comment

Working...
                                X