• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MORE please... *drools*

Comment

Hi guys,
      This is just a quick "recruiting" post.

As many of you know, there's a tournament going on. Yes, that one. The "Last Man Standing" competition where you vote off one episode a day. The one I'm running.

The reason I'm posting in here is that, every day for the last couple of months, people have been posting updates and "please come vote" posts in the Sam appreciation thread. It's gotten to the point where every Sam fan and Sam/Jack shipper is voting in the tournament. Which is great, but, well, not that I don't like Sam, but...

Speaking as the person running the tournament - the whole point of the tournament is to get a list of which episodes are best overall, according to the opinions of a representative subset of the fandom. If all of the Sam fans are voting, but only about 1/6 of the fans of other characters are voting, this skews everything!

So, please come participate? I promise, it's fun! I also promise the first time's the hardest - after that, it's just a matter of editing your votes from the day before

To vote, follow the link in my sig and read the FAQ. The short version of the FAQ is this: the first post in the thread lists which eps have already gotten the axe, and which episodes remain. Of the eps remaining, pick your 8 least favorite (the eps you most want to get the axe).
      Do not vote for eps that have already gotten the axe.
      Do not vote for the same ep more than once per round.
      Do not vote for any season 8 eps (the tournament is just seasons 1-7).
      If you do any of those three things, then I can't count your post for that round. In the next round, repeat (if an ep on your list got the axe, remove it from your list and replace it with another from the list of eps remaining).

Come! Participate! Please! I really, really would like a representative group participating in the tournament!

Many thanks!

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Katerine
        Hi guys,
        This is just a quick "recruiting" post.

As many of you know, there's a tournament going on. Yes, that one. The "Last Man Standing" competition where you vote off one episode a day. The one I'm running.

The reason I'm posting in here is that, every day for the last couple of months, people have been posting updates and "please come vote" posts in the Sam appreciation thread. It's gotten to the point where every Sam fan and Sam/Jack shipper is voting in the tournament. Which is great, but, well, not that I don't like Sam, but...

Speaking as the person running the tournament - the whole point of the tournament is to get a list of which episodes are best overall, according to the opinions of a representative subset of the fandom. If all of the Sam fans are voting, but only about 1/6 of the fans of other characters are voting, this skews everything!

So, please come participate? I promise, it's fun! I also promise the first time's the hardest - after that, it's just a matter of editing your votes from the day before

To vote, follow the link in my sig and read the FAQ. The short version of the FAQ is this: the first post in the thread lists which eps have already gotten the axe, and which episodes remain. Of the eps remaining, pick your 8 least favorite (the eps you most want to get the axe).
        Do not vote for eps that have already gotten the axe.
        Do not vote for the same ep more than once per round.
        Do not vote for any season 8 eps (the tournament is just seasons 1-7).
        If you do any of those three things, then I can't count your post for that round. In the next round, repeat (if an ep on your list got the axe, remove it from your list and replace it with another from the list of eps remaining).

Come! Participate! Please! I really, really would like a representative group participating in the tournament!

Many thanks!
        Maybe it's just that there really *are* more Sam fans and shippers than the other type? I know I'm a shipper, and I'm happy with the results as they are. <g> (Just kidding.)
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
          Maybe it's just that there really *are* more Sam fans and shippers than the other type? I know I'm a shipper, and I'm happy with the results as they are. <g> (Just kidding.)
          *chuckle*

Actually, no, that's not it. See, I know the names of everybody who's been participating in the tournament. I enter them into the database when tallying.

And I recognize pretty much every single name in the Sam/Jack ship thread and the Sam appreciation thread from the tournament. I only recognize about 1/6 of the names everywhere else. So it's definitely that a larger percentage of Sam fans and shippers are voting than everyone else.

Again, I have no problem with Sam fans. And I'm definitely not complaining that so many are voting - I love that so many people are voting! I'd just like to get more people voting from everywhere else. The more the merrier!

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
            Hello everyone!! I was on the Scifi board and saw this picture and had to share it with you. I love Jonas but this was too funny not to post.
            Sorry I've been away for a while. Big boss at work, and can't play hooky so much. I'm cracking up at this pic! What a great start to the day.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
            Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
              How about a wet Jonas in the meantime?

Sorry for the link...can't get this one to shrink. Maybe I should have used hot water?
              I was so disappointed when he stopped at his t-shirt when taking off his clothes, before entering the water. Alas!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
                I had a great time last night. I can start to relax now.

Jerin, it's ok. I don't mind talking about my illness. It's a part of me.

I suffer from an illness known as DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) I've had it in both of my legs. Without medication is fatal but still can kill at anytime. I've had this illness since I was 19 and I'm now 23. I've had clots in my legs three times. I don't fly. I'm petterified of heights!

The last time was 2 months before I met Corin it was about this time last year. I'm now on medication for the rest of my life. It has left me with weak damaged legs and a dependence on warfrin.

I think this is the reason I had the courage to ask Corin if I could sit on his knee. I thought well I've been to hell with this illness and I'm still here and should enjoy every moment.

Oh I'd like to point out. Corin let me sit on his knee before he knew about my illness and my walking stick was under the table (because I kept dropping it) so it wasn't out of pitty. Which I'm pleased about.

I'll post the pic if anyone would like to see it.
                Dear Janna,
                I'm sorry to hear about DVT. I'm someone who gets very angry when I get even a little sick, like the flu. I can't imagine being in your shoes and really admire how you're handling it. My thoughts and prayers are with you. With all the advances in medical science every day, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a cure.

From your picture, you look like a very cute girl. I'm sure Corin was happy to fulfill your request. I'd love to see the picture.

Hugs,
                Jerin

Comment

I thought you gals might enjoy the dream I had last night. I was in a US city with my eldest sister and CN and we were watching a football game together. All of a sudden, these crazy, mean guys started to come toward me and my sister to hurt us. Corin helped us run and hid my sister out of sight. He hid my face in his shoulders, pretending to make out w/ me, so the bad guys leave me alone. They didn't buy it and wanted to see my face. I could tell they were coming toward me and that I should leave, but realized I was dreaming and didn't want to leave that delicious place. Then I woke up! (Cries!) What a wonderful dream!

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                    I was so disappointed when he stopped at his t-shirt when taking off his clothes, before entering the water. Alas!

Yes, alas, I believe that might have had something to do with CN's tattoos. I don't think that Jonas has any...let alone four.

Comment

Good morning! Busy day today...won't be around too much, so thunk extra for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                        Yes, alas, I believe that might have had something to do with CN's tattoos. I don't think that Jonas has any...let alone four.
                        Mmmm...tattoos! Drifts into daydream! We will be thunking extra hard for you, Admiral!

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                          Mmmm...tattoos! Drifts into daydream! We will be thunking extra hard for you, Admiral!

Thanks! If anyone has screencaps of Mansquito...we saw two of the tattoos really well when he was helping his girlfriend with her itch.

I think we had the thumbprints posted last week? HINT!

Comment

I hope that this picture works if not back to the drawing board.
                            I lightened and fixed this picture originally posted by Admiral Q O

Comment

[QUOTE=Admiral Q O]Thanks! If anyone has screencaps of Mansquito...we saw two of the tattoos really well when he was helping his girlfriend with her itch.

I think we had the thumbprints posted last week? HINT![QUOTE]

I think this is what you wanted Admiral. Enjoy!
                              Last edited by Anyagate1; 27 July 2005, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks! Nice snack-sized pics for my coffee break!

Comment

Working...
                                X