No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, jonas had this whole 'wow, gee whiz, this is so cool' attitude.

To me, by the end of s5, everyone and everything was getting so tired and jaded and jonas was a literal shot in the arm.

he was rejuvenating
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow, that picture.....wow. That really made my day. He's just so.....yum. Can't. Form. Coherant. Sentences.

I miss Jonas. Waaaaaa! Why can't they have both him and Daniel? Why?! Two speciman's of salty manly goodness. Did I say yum yet?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Wow, that picture.....wow. That really made my day. He's just so.....yum. Can't. Form. Coherant. Sentences.

I miss Jonas. Waaaaaa! Why can't they have both him and Daniel? Why?! Two speciman's of salty manly goodness. Did I say yum yet?
        I agree with you, Shipperahoy! Why couldn't they have both? I liked Jonas and I like Daniel... Although I am watching Fallout right now and I keep thinking that Jonas needs a good barber!! LOL! Or at the very least, someone to brush the hair off his forehead!

Hey, I volunteer for that job!

No, wait, he's too young for me to have those thoughts... Okay, I could try to do it in a maternal way... Nah...

Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
          Here's something to start you off with your Thunking.
          Er....Wow! I hadn't seen that pic before. The boy has quite a bod on him. Very nice. Sweet smile.

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          Yes! Jonas and Daniel together = yummy. Who made that decision anyway!

LOL! at the salty manly goodness. Makes me want to lick something. Oops....did I just say that..
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
            Yes, I approve!! Totally!

oooooohhh he looks all clean and smooth...

I like those jeans.

Nice.
            Ummmm, jeans....what jeans?
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

I really enjoyed Jonas on the show. I think he fit in just fine. He proved himself worthy of the team and he didn't have to whine his way in. It's hard to take over for someone else...both on the show as the actor and the character too. I think he did a fine job. I would really love to see him back. He doesn't have to "take" anyone's place. He does fine all by himself.

He'll need to get his hair cut though...like it in season 6 but barfed over it in season 7. Not serious enough for me with the bowl cut going on...
              Desperate Thunker

Comment

Woohoo! Jonas thread! I loved Jonas, he could have been written a lot better, but he was still a good character. I hated that they basically gave him the shaft after MS came back. Oh well, may they learn from their mistakes.

Niiice picture!
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I love Jonas!

He is such a great guy. Even when Jack's being awkward (for IMOunderstandable reasons), he doesn't bother.

This also shows that he has a great strength of character.

(That and the small fact he leaves the Kelownans to save them form their narrow mindedness)

He is also rather nice!

*Glances up*

THUNK!

Did you know Corin's real first name is Joseph!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

.I loved Jonas in season 6 ..he was a breath of fresh air for the show
                    And I find him really good-looking , unusual looking andI love his smile .
                    I was not too keen on the hair cut he had for the episode he had in season 7 but in season 6 ..he was real hot.

Caty

Comment

I know you all know about CorinNemec.com, but I'll plug it anyway.

In addition to all kinds of interviews and articles and a forum and all that fun stuff is a very cool photo archive which includes screencaps of a lot of Corin's stuff. And if you guys haven't seen all of his movies, he's had some very... interesting roles.

There are some good shirtless shots, as well, and some of the publicity pics are adorable. Of course, most pics of him are pretty great, anyway.

Rawr! I'm sexay!

Fun in the sun
                      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 08 July 2005, 01:18 PM. Reason: GW server issues keeps glitching my uploads

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

In addition to all kinds of interviews and articles and a forum and all that fun stuff is a very cool photo archive which includes screencaps of a lot of Corin's stuff. And if you guys haven't seen all of his movies, he's had some very... interesting roles.
                        Thanks Shadow...I had never seen him in anything before, at least not that I recognized!
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

There are some good shirtless shots, as well, and some of the publicity pics are adorable. Of course, most pics of him are pretty great, anyway.
                          Shadow! Was the one at the sink taken you had him impriso.. er staying? And what did you do to him in the first?

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                            Shadow! Was the one at the sink taken you had him impriso.. er staying? And what did you do to him in the first?
                            He was... umm... visiting. Yes, that's it. We were just... playing dressup. Yeah. That's all. Nothing remotely kink- I mean hink... er... Nothing remotely out of the ordinary, nope. And my reasons for not going into detail have nothing to do with the PG rules of this forum! I just... uh... I think I hear someone screaming- I mean, calling me from another room. Must go investigate...

Oh look, a sheet abandoned on the floor...

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                              I really enjoyed Jonas on the show. I think he fit in just fine. He proved himself worthy of the team and he didn't have to whine his way in. It's hard to take over for someone else...both on the show as the actor and the character too. I think he did a fine job. I would really love to see him back. He doesn't have to "take" anyone's place. He does fine all by himself.

He'll need to get his hair cut though...like it in season 6 but barfed over it in season 7. Not serious enough for me with the bowl cut going on...

I absolutely agree about him fitting in without having to take anybody's place. The fact of the matter is, Jonas is a trained diplomat as well as scientist, but not an archeologist. He taught himself that so he could make up for what the team lost in Daniel. Meanwhile, Daniel, despite what they've had him doing, is not a trained diplomat. So let Daniel dig the rocks and translate and let Jonas do the diplomacy thing! Both needed, both necessary, and SG1 needs it's fifth man!

As for the haircut, I always thought that he did the spiky-do in S6 because he was kind of emulating Jack, which I found realy adorable. Hero worship is so cute! However, the early-80's-swept-to-the-side do has *got* to go, you're right about that.
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Everyone keeps saying that Jonas is too vital to his world and that he's hugely important and can't be spared and wouldn't want to leave anyway, but I disagree.

Do we have any evidence of how important Jonas is in Kelowna, now? Other than the "diplomats" whining for him, do we know that they ever actually listen to him? Do we know that he's accomplishing a lot of good where he is?

And I will never for one minute believe that Jonas WANTS to be in the middle of all that political backstabbing, double-dealing, conspiracies, machinations and general misconduct when he COULD be out exploring an amazing universe and saving the universe from a REAL threat.

He feels obligated to help his country and he probably feels a lot of guilt over what happened (poor bugger is doomed to a life of feeling guilty for massively horrible things beyond his control), but that is nowhere near the same thing.

I definitely prefer Jonas with that adorably spikey hair, but then, I hate long hair on men in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X